• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

One thing I will say, and not to be negative - but AK really needs to start getting this team going in the first half. We continuously have to step our game up considerably in the second half to gain the points, whereas if we were a goal or two up before Dimi got sent off we could have sat back, defended and hit them on the break. We can't go into the games coming up against the better teams relying on one half of good football.

Agree with all of that, good post

One thing I will say, and not to be negative - but AK really needs to start getting this team going in the first half. We continuously have to step our game up considerably in the second half to gain the points, whereas if we were a goal or two up before Dimi got sent off we could have sat back, defended and hit them on the break. We can't go into the games coming up against the better teams relying on one half of good football.

Agree with all of that, good post

I also agree with that, even though I always disagree with everyone ;)

We need to get our act together.  We aren't playing well at times and we need to sort it out.  The performance in the second half was obviously much improved, especially given we had ten men but the first half wasn't good enough.  I'd be interested to hear from people at the game how we looked shape wise and such, to see if we looked like a well balanced team in the first half because that team tonight didn't seem that way to me.

I know I've been saying this for a while and people are probably fed up of hearing it but we need to improve.  We're a good side but we can be better and I think we all know that.  What we saw tonight however was that we have some character and toughness and that can also be massively important in the run in.  We just need a bit more ability and performance now.

I am sure Dimi will be available against Leeds regardless as a straight red card takes 7 days to be processed to allow the club to lodge an appeal

Its years ago since it was like that. Now it's automatically the next game.

yeah just checked there, i am wrong.

Don't really care either way, confident in Meijas and the team in front of him

Interesting team... Is it just me or does it feel like we've not seen Nsue as an attacking force for a while, what with the ACON and playing fullback. Reckon he will be on the left side tonight.

A huge opportunity tonight to go 3 points clear, would be over the moon if we took it!

Still think 1-1 will be the score however.

Once again Pyro has the correct score, that is 2 games in a row now with the correct score #predictinggenius

To be fair pyro I predicted 1-1 on Monday :P

But did you predict a 2-0 ***nal win also? Stay tuned for the Leeds result before the game kicks off ;)

Well was right about the result but boy what a result that was, possibly the biggest single point of the season

It's a good job you and ever the optimist rubbed the lamp at half time and pulled the team out of the doo dah :cool:  

Top of the league, I'd rather it have been by 3 points. But considering our record at St.Andrews and how difficult we made it for ourselves a draw is a good result.

The first half was ok we passed and defended ok, but lacked any sort of bite in attack.

After the red card and penalty, we seemed to up our intensity. The second half was completely different we dominated and had some really good attacking opportunities, I haven't seen a replay of AA's offside goal, but my initial thought is he was just on and it was a really late call! Bamford ran his socks off tonight and deserved his goal (my man of the match). Tomlin seemed to really carve up city's defence down the middle, and probably should of got a shot off or two he seemed to be in good positions to shoot. Special mention to Ken he was really dominant in the air today! And I got home in just over an hour! ;)

We might need to make a lot of changes for the Leeds game... Taking into account we play 63 hours after this game finished and Leeds had the week off, Also we were down to 10 men for 50+ mins and our boys ran there socks off..... I don't like a lot of changes from game to game but surly this is the time to use the full squad in a week.

I don't think this is the case, the squad has been utilised a lot more over the last couple of weeks, its not like they've all been playing most minutes of most games. Going into Saturday, Clayton will have had a full weeks rest, Vossen hasn't played a full 90 over the 2 games, Adomah has been rested tonight and only played half hour or so, Bamford and Tomlin both got brought off early against ***nal and didn't play against Blackpool, barring 10 minutes from Tomlin. So id say all of them will be reasonably fresh. Id understand if Fredericks, Friend and Leadbitter were struggling because they cover plenty of ground and all played 180 minutes this week, but Leadbitter is bionic so I'm not concerned about him, same applies to Friend.

Then theres the CB's, but honestly Cb's rarely ever need resting because they cover far less ground than most other players. I think there will be the usually few changes on saturday but nothing drastic, id say Clayton will play 100%, Adomah will most likely come back in and probably 1 other change..... that is anybodies guess, maybe Kalas at RB or Reach in for Vossen so that Bamford is up top without dropping Tomlin.

Last year we'd have lost a game like this.. Shows you the difference

Its the Bamford factor...

Which is a bit like the Krypton factor. Except it involves neat one-twos in the box and attempting to land a Boeing 747 at the Riverside stadium.

Just in from the game, good point considering we played with 10 men, could have let our heads drop and got beat 3/4-0. Dont normally like to blame the ref but he was awful today which really didnt help, worst performance from a ref I think I have ever seen.

Started very well, nsue looked bright, they got back into it late in the second half, thought there was no hope after the pen but we were fantastic in the second half and deserved at least a point.

Away fans were fantastic tonight, over 1000 on a tuesday night three hours from home is unreal, made for a really good atmosphere.

Really cant take another 2 months of this, they are killing me!!

I am not going to argue with the sending off of Dimi but what irks me even more now is the lack of consistency we are witnessing regarding double standards of referees and the like and the possibilities of becoming a victim of such at the time seemingly unfair standards.

No way will I say that last nights ref was going to be unfair on Boro but with any kind of history involved was he the best choice in the first place?