oneBoro Forum

Boro V Birmingham City (A) 1-1

No one said he shouldn't be criticised. He clearly had a poor game.

I'm saying we shouldn't let his poor performance mask our own inadequacies. From what I've read many are glossing over our short comings. We haven't been playing all that well for a good few weeks now. We need to improve.

• Replies 464
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

No one said he shouldn't be criticised. He clearly had a poor game.

I'm saying we shouldn't let his poor performance mask our own inadequacies. From what I've read many are glossing over our short comings. We haven't been playing all that well for a good few weeks now. We need to improve.

That`s the type of post I get grilled for :P    Your right though.

We were in control of the game last night and before the sending of I did post we were very sloppy, That was going off listening to the radio... Minutes later Gibson make that pass..... I still think we would of went on to win easily in the end without the sending off.

We seem to play to a set pattern:

Poor for the first 2 minutes.

Good but not clinical for 10-15 minutes.

Sart thinking we are class and underperform for the rest of the half.

Half time rollicking

Good start to second half and playing at our optimum

Tense finish

Hi All,

I've viewed this forum for a while but thought it was time to weigh in with my thoughts from last night. It was another slow and sloppy first half performance. Once again AK seemed to rejuvenate the boys after HT and we were a completely different side. Considering we were playing with 10 men we battled well and the team worked their absolute socks off. Was nice to see Nsue back, and I thought Tomlin was excellent - when he ran at the Birmingham defence he left them clueless but we just seemed to make a few poor decisions in the final 3rd.

The referee was absolutely atrocious - I swear Ken ended up getting booked for a tough but fair tackle after being fouled himself in the first place and some of his other decisions were just unexplainable. Hope to never have him for another game this season.

Would like to see the extended highlights (to clarify our offside goal and penalty claim) because being behind the goal didn't give us the best view if anyone has a link?

Great point given the circumstances.

Onto Leeds Saturday. UTB.

Welcome to the forum Tuncay17 and good to see you posting at last though it took you long enough :)

It is interesting about the poor first half thing. It is something i had noted in most of the games i have been to this season but until i joined this forum i did not realise it was a recurrent theme. Overall, last night has to be taken as a good point, just beat Leeds on Saturday, i feel we really need a one win cushion by time we get to the Ipswich game in March

The ref was shocking last night, he got the main decision right but it really did impact on our performance, we got nothing at all from him

Mejias had nothing of note to do really

Is it just me, or a lot of games weve won, weve been lucky with the opposition not being great on target when a clear cut chance comes their way? Im sure its happened at least a few times. This worries me

Someone put up some stats across the whole league a couple of weeks ago and I seem to remember that of all the teams in the league we allow the opposition the least number of chances per game.

Is it just me, or a lot of games weve won, weve been lucky with the opposition not being great on target when a clear cut chance comes their way? Im sure its happened at least a few times. This worries me

I'd say it's more to do with us restricting the chances they have so a lot of their shots aren't clear cut. We wouldn't be were we are now if we were relying on teams missing chances so I wouldn't worry

Well thats good to know. I was of course referring to birminghams header in the dying minutes. I was certain this wasnt the only time we were lucky. But i dont always get to see the games (only tv if im not at work) so im probably wrong

We do seem to get lucky from time to time this season, and sometimes a performance can be a bit disappointing but hey we used to moan about not getting any luck at all! & I'd say we were pretty UNlucky with some of the decisions the other night. But we are where we are for a reason (or combination of reasons) - good luck, yes, but also hard work, some very good football, meanest defence and a great manager. To be honest I'm pretty happy with that and I hope any luck we get continues!