• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

This is the pivotal moment in the season for me. Win the next 2 games and we will be 6 points clear at the top.

Psychologically that will be massive for the team in terms of belief and puts great pressure on Derby and Bournemouth.

Bournemouth are away to Brentford so no easy game there.

I expect Derby to bounce back and beat Sheff Wed at home though.

This is the break we have been looking for throughout the past few months. A mommoth opportunity to go into the lead with a little gap and put pressure on the other teams. We have been playing catch up for the entire campaign and now we have the chance to go clear at the top.

I don't think tonight in particular is a must win. Every game is a must win!!

Seriously though it's not the end of the world if we pick up a point tonight. We have to be realistic. We aren't going to win every game.

What I would say is that if we do only pick up a point tonight, we must pick up 3 on Saturday. It is a great chance to turn the screw on Bournemouth in particular who have a tough game at Brentford after our game.

In view of recent posts and just what a win for Boro today potentially means then I can hand on heart state that this game IS (not could) THE MOST IMPORTANT GAME OF THE SEASON..........so far!!!

Especially for those who do like to see my seldom used phrase

Oh and a big shout out to all those going to the game tonight, I understand that there could be at least 1200 fans from Boro at the game and so wish I could be there with you guys.

Away days are great fun and tonight could be very meaningful

But we've already done the hard work of going to the teams around us and beating them! Therefore we should be disappointed to go to Birmingham and only get a draw!

I will be very disappointment with a draw but you can bet a lot would take 1 point now....

IMO we need to open up the biggest gap possible between us and the 3rd placed team because the March fixtures are far far tougher.

Birmingham haven't won in 5 games and just lost at home to Millwall. This is a game we simply have to win. At least on paper. But Derby and Bournemouth have just shown that there are no easy games in the Championship. That being said I will be disappointed with anything but 3 points.

Away to a team who have turned it around recently at a bogey ground a point is a good point all day long. However I would be disappointed if that's all we get and I feel that is a measure of where we are as a club right now.

They had a resurgence under a new manager like a lot of teams do.. But then there last 5 fixtures they have drew 4 and the last game they got beat at home to an abysmal Millwall team.... I just think they are one of the worst teams left we have to play and we need to beat teams like them from now to the end of the season because we have much better teams to play.