oneBoro Forum

Boro vs Leeds (H) 0-1

IMO there is obviously going to be some fatigue, I expect AK to make at least 4 changes but I am going to put a team down that I think would be fresh and more than god enough to beat Leeds...

I would like your opinion if you would be confidant of a win with this line up...

------------------------Mejías----------------------------

--Kalas---Woodgate--------Gibson---Husband-----

----------Leadbitter------------Clayton-----------------

-Nsue-----------------Vossen---------------Reach-------

--------------------------Kike-------------------------------

• Replies 683
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

IMO there is obviously going to be some fatigue, I expect AK to make at least 4 changes but I am going to put a team down that I think would be fresh and more than god enough to beat Leeds...

I would like your opinion if you would be confidant of a win with this line up...

Wouldn't like to change the back 4 to much. And not too sure what Ken gas done wrong to be dropped especially with gibbos faux pax in recent games. However the forward 6 I would love to see the same as what you went for so keep them but may be

---Fredrick's--Ken---Gibbo/Woody----Friend

Wouldn't like to change the back 4 to much. And not too sure what Ken gas done wrong to be dropped especially with gibbos faux pax in recent games. However the forward 6 I would love to see the same as what you went for so keep them but may be

---Fredrick's--Ken---Gibbo/Woody----Friend

Kens not done anything wrong I just think the local boys would relish this game more and Ken would go straight back in on Tuesday.....I think after two energy zapping games and only 60+ hours rest Leadbitter could do with this game off but I think its a game we need the captain to play in.

Am I the only person who thinks Mejias is still rubbish, an accident waiting to happen, a puncher, not a catcher, a good shot-stopper yes, [isn't that the absolute bare minimum* that the job requires] but not someone who commands his area?

I still think we'll win this one, Leeds have scored 7 and conceded 3 in 6 games I think and are quite high up the form table but I think we will just shade it, but I'm still not convinced by the Spanish keeper

*Name me a keeper who isn't a good shot-stopper and I'll name you a keeper who doesn't play first team football at a decent level.

Am I the only person who thinks Mejias is still rubbish, an accident waiting to happen, a puncher, not a catcher, a good shot-stopper yes, [isn't that the absolute bare minimum* that the job requires] but not someone who commands his area?

I still think we'll win this one, Leeds have scored 7 and conceded 3 in 6 games I think and are quite high up the form table but I think we will just shade it, but I'm still not convinced by the Spanish keeper

*Name me a keeper who isn't a good shot-stopper and I'll name you a keeper who doesn't play first team football at a decent level.

An accident waiting to happen is not an accident...

An accident waiting to happen is not an accident...

He's been brewing on it for too long.... :D

Further...

Bamford up front please!

Reach behind him on the left, Tomlin just behind him and Tom Ince* or Adomah behind him on the right

Kike and Vossen on the bench to come on at around 70 minutes

*Sorry thought it was Christmas or something.

We'll just ignore his last two games in which he appears to have corrected all of the things you think make him bad. 

I know it' snot a huge sample size, but neither was the 5 games he got to start the year, either.

I understand your opinion but I disagree. He made a couple of good saves against ***nal, but what impressed me was his command of the area - at one point you could hear him on the TV screaming his claim on the ball, he looked a different bloke to the one from August. He also caught a few crosses. Plus - punching is frowned upon in this country because of the way our goalkeepers are trained, but can be quite effective if done right (admittedly Tomas was NOT doing this in August).

On top of this, he will now have had 6 months of training with the defenders, learning English (AK insists they speak it in training), and working with Dimi and Leo.

I wasn't at the game last night, but asked Anthony Vickers what hr thought of Mejias in the second half:

'tipped a looping header over but apart from that didn't have much to do. Looked solid enough collecting crosses etc'

He might drop a clanger against Leeds, but I think it's fair to say he's earned his chance.

I dont think anyone is 100% sure about him yet. 2 good games doesnt make him a great player but then 2 bad games didnt make him a bad one