oneBoro Forum

Boro vs Leeds (H) 0-1

If kike can improve his first touch he would be fantastic. His touch is shocking for a pro footballer. His awareness is pretty poor too aswell as his finishing. He did however have a good game yesterday I thought

So if we just sort out his .......

First touch...

Awareness...

And finishing...

We'd have a fantastic striker on our hands :s

• Replies 683
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

If kike can improve his first touch he would be fantastic. His touch is shocking for a pro footballer. His awareness is pretty poor too aswell as his finishing. He did however have a good game yesterday I thought

So if we just sort out his .......

First touch...

Awareness...

And finishing...

We'd have a fantastic striker on our hands :s

I best clear that up. If he works on his first touch he would be a lot better off. He would get more chances at goal and bring more to our game (bringing players into play by holding the ball up) if his first touch was better.

I still don't think his awareness and finishing is fantastic but he probably wouldn't be playing for us if it was

Everyone is talking about Kike's first touch but I think Adomah is being let off the hook a bit with his too. There was one moment where he was free in the six yard box off a ball from the left and I thought he should've tried to header it in on goal. But he chested it and the ball flicked upwards giving Leeds defender the chance to get back. This happened a number of times.

That's a good post Dunnerzzz, sums up my feelings pretty much down to a T

It came from sheer frustration and disbelief after watching the game, haha.

I honestly think you gus are right re Kike. Less eager to score and more link up and he would consistently score.

I've purposely avoided coming on here and making comments before now. Firstly because I wanted to take a step back from the game and be logical about the whole thing, secondly because I was pouting. This was a massively disappointing week for Boro. We had a chance to asset ourselves on the league and we kinda blew it.

For a team that has been so good at the back, that's the second game in the row in which we've made an error that has led to a goal. I'm not looking to blame individual players because quite frankly we had 90+ minutes to score and didn't. We do have to give credit to Leeds they came here with a game plan and it worked. The frustrating thing is that if it hadn't been for that one second of madness, I don't think they would have scored at all.

We scored a fantastic team goal against Birmingham mid week and I don't know if they were trying to recreate that but we could be accused of trying to do things too prettily, taking one touch too many. We took too long to fashion chances and it gave Leeds the time to put every man behind the ball. A lot of people around me were criticizing Kike for being too selfish or having a poor touch, I'm probably in the minority here but I thought he had a great game. He was hungry for it and one of the few players willing to have a bloody shot instead of passing it around.

I also thought that we should have left the team a little longer without subs. Not because of the injury to Vossen (Relieved the lad is okay, I felt sick when he went down like that) but because I thought we were actually fantastic in the first half and the lads should have been given longer to get it right. We didn't have quite the same flowing motion in the second after the reshuffle.

At the end of the day I'm not worried about our position in the league, we're still right in the mix for the title. Perhaps this just wasn't our day on the field, despite being really dominant. The next game, how we respond to defeat is the important part. I just hope this is the end of our blip, we've worked too hard to let things go now.

Everyone is talking about Kike's first touch but I think Adomah is being let off the hook a bit with his too. There was one moment where he was free in the six yard box off a ball from the left and I thought he should've tried to header it in on goal. But he chested it and the ball flicked upwards giving Leeds defender the chance to get back. This happened a number of times.

I recall that chance from Adomah but the worrying thing for me is that pretty much every one of our players showed a poor first touch. I lost count of the number of times Clayton's first touch resulted in him bobbling the ball all over the place and taking several more touches to be in control. Kike was guilty of plenty of poor touches in the first half and even Vossen, who usually has a great first touch, was untidy. I saw the same from Reach and think a lot of our play was delayed by our inability to knock the ball around with confidence due to these first touches.

I think we were a little better in the second half but by that time I think a lot of our players were feeling the frustration.

I hope much of our preparation for the Bolton match revolves around ball work and shooting. 

The one other concern I had was something that we've been really good at all season and yet against both ***nal and Leeds we were sloppy: Tracking the runner. Time and time again our midfield 2 were ball watching instead of helping out the defence. At one point Leadbitter was running with their man, while another was attacking Nsue and the man left Leadbitter who just watched him run beyond Nsue into space for the pass. Bamford didn't track back against ***nal and I can't help but imagine the fury on Leadbitter's face had he watched somebody else do what he did and saw it result in a goal. Leadbitter has been exceptional up to the Leeds game and I was disappointed to see him allow those standards to drop.

I really hope this Leeds game is a wake-up call that sees us pick up and go on a strong run again.

He should have controlled that ball when he was 8 yards out and scored but the other one he tried to chest was almost impossible to control. It absolutely flew off the deck when it bounced and he did well to get anything on it. On the whole I thought Adomah had a very good game

I've purposely avoided coming on here and making comments before now. Firstly because I wanted to take a step back from the game and be logical about the whole thing, secondly because I was pouting. This was a massively disappointing week for Boro. We had a chance to asset ourselves on the league and we kinda blew it.

For a team that has been so good at the back, that's the second game in the row in which we've made an error that has led to a goal. I'm not looking to blame individual players because quite frankly we had 90+ minutes to score and didn't. We do have to give credit to Leeds they came here with a game plan and it worked. The frustrating thing is that if it hadn't been for that one second of madness, I don't think they would have scored at all.

We scored a fantastic team goal against Birmingham mid week and I don't know if they were trying to recreate that but we could be accused of trying to do things too prettily, taking one touch too many. We took too long to fashion chances and it gave Leeds the time to put every man behind the ball. A lot of people around me were criticizing Kike for being too selfish or having a poor touch, I'm probably in the minority here but I thought he had a great game. He was hungry for it and one of the few players willing to have a bloody shot instead of passing it around.

I also thought that we should have left the team a little longer without subs. Not because of the injury to Vossen (Relieved the lad is okay, I felt sick when he went down like that) but because I thought we were actually fantastic in the first half and the lads should have been given longer to get it right. We didn't have quite the same flowing motion in the second after the reshuffle.

At the end of the day I'm not worried about our position in the league, we're still right in the mix for the title. Perhaps this just wasn't our day on the field, despite being really dominant. The next game, how we respond to defeat is the important part. I just hope this is the end of our blip, we've worked too hard to let things go now.

You do talk sense........stop it now :).

I think as you say leeds got to every cross first they put a head or a foot in every time so good luck to them.

Most wanted tomlin and bamford to start but we looked better before they came on.

I said at half time its tempting to make a change but everyone was playing so well who would you take off, in the end i thought karanka threw the dice but it didnt quite work. But thats football. What works one week doesnt another