oneBoro Forum

Boro vs Leeds (H) 0-1

I can.      If a keeper plays the ball to midfield its wrong but if he throws to full back and he passes to midfield then thas ok.    Why ???

I'm not sure what you mean here?  Are you asking what the difference is between a fullback passing into midfield and a keeper doing the same?

And watch injesta play he checks his shoulder 5-10 times before the ball arrives with him.  So he knows exactly where all the players are.  And i have to say leadbitter useually knows where the opposition are    I cant see how a player passing to a team mate in midfield is wrong

Leadbitter is looking somewhere else just as the throw is made mate, as I've already said.  He's looking to his right, which leads me to think he wasn't expecting it anyway.  The guy comes in from behind and to the left and I don't think Leadbitter has a clue that he's coming in for it.  If he did he'd have moved forwards rather than backwards to try and get their first.

What im saying is there is no difference between a full back passing into midfield and a keeper , as a midfielder you should always want and expect the ball to say he wasnt expecting it is a bit of an insult to a top midfielder

The difference in that instance would be the type of pass a centre midfielder would receive from a full back and a keeper in turn.

From a keepers throw he has to bring it down, move it out his feet and play it.

From a full back he'd receive the ball on the deck which means he can push the ball in whichever direction the opposition player isn't, straight off the bat.

It's why teams that play football play out to full backs. It reduces the risk of losing the ball.

Ok. Dont agree with that if the keeper thows to feet there is no difference

• Replies 683
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Do you believe that the only person at fault for that goal today was Meijas? If you do then yes, I would serious question your footballing knowledge.

Does leadbitter have tunnel vision only for the ball? If the answer is no then he should know the player was in a position to get to it before him. If the player was coming from behind him then he should have had a shout from one of his teammates that there was someone coming in for the ball.

Do both of the centre backs need to track Steve Morrison as hes making a run to the front post? I don't believe so, it never looked like they were going to cross the ball into the box in that way and Morrison was certainly not posing enough of a threat to warrant both of our centre backs covering him.

I'm not on a wind up at all about the deflection, didn't Jamal Blackman get criticised by many for a very similar situation against Liverpool. One rule for locals another rule for anyone else.

Dimi probably wouldn't have made that throw, but that isn't neccasarily a good thing. Dimi wouldn't have made that throw because although the rest of his game is very good his distribution, especially his fast distribution, is quite poor. One thing I know for certain, IF Dimi had made that throw today and the same thing had happened there wouldn't be half or quarter of the criticism of our goalkeeper that there has been on this thread.

I know you seem to think that people just want to blindly defend Meijas, but that certainly isn't the case for me. I genuinely believe that some of the criticism levied at him today is just completely unfair and unjust, partly from people that have made their mind up on meijas and no matter what he does they will criticise him as soon as he makes the smallest mistake. Then there is the other people, like yourself, who seem a lot more reasonable but in my opinion are still being very harsh and letting previous games influence your views on this particular situation. However I realise that I'm not going to convince you or any others who have made their mind up on this situation so we'll have to agree to disagree on this.

Yeah I do believe he's entirely to blame.  With the ball in his hands he is responsible for what he chooses to do at that point.  If he holds on to that ball or makes a different decision then we don't concede.

I think saying that Leadbitter has tunnel vision for the ball is harsh when he's clearly looking to his right as the ball is thrown and he has to then react to the throw.  I also think it was poorly thrown anyway but pointless getting into that.

I think you'd struggle to find many coaches that would say that Kalas and Gibson did the wrong thing. They would have to anticipate a cross into the area as that is what they're trained to do.  One covers the near post zone and one covers the man.  If you look Morrison starts off between them and then moves into that near post bit.  They did their jobs properly in my opinion.

I can't speak about anyone else but if Gordon Banks was in goal for us today and this had happened then I'd say it was his fault, it's not about it being Mejias as far as I'm concerned.

What im saying is there is no difference between a full back passing into midfield and a keeper ,  as a midfielder you should always want and expect the ball to say he wasnt  expecting it is a bit of an insult to a top midfielder

How many full backs would chip a ball into the middle of the park in a similar way to that throw being made?  Why are fullbacks taught to play down the line rather than into the middle?  I play in midfield as well and I completely disagree that you should always want and expect the ball.  There are plenty of times when passing in my direction would be the wrong thing to do.  However this is getting away from the fundamental point, which is that Mejias had the ball in his hands, didn't have to hurry and he threw the ball out in such a way that it was intercepted and we weren't in a position to defend it.

Anyway, I've said far too much about all of this. It's been a frustrating day but there's a load of football still to be played and nothing has really changed at all. We're still one of a group of teams all fighting it out.

I genuinely can't believe this discussion is even happening.

YES Meijas underthrew the ball a little bit

BUT GRANT WAS WALKING GOD DAMN BACKWARDS AT THE TIME.

People are all over Meijas again.

To be honest, I'm not surprised that CT is the main guy arguing the contrary point here. He always is. Every discussion ever on here has CT arguing the unpopular decision. At this point I'm not even sure he believes half the stuff he says, he just seems to like being in the middle of things.

What im saying is there is no difference between a full back passing into midfield and a keeper ,  as a midfielder you should always want and expect the ball to say he wasnt  expecting it is a bit of an insult to a top midfielder

How many full backs would chip a ball into the middle of the park in a similar way to that throw being made?  Why are fullbacks taught to play down the line rather than into the middle?  I play in midfield as well and I completely disagree that you should always want and expect the ball.  There are plenty of times when passing in my direction would be the wrong thing to do.  However this is getting away from the fundamental point, which is that Mejias had the ball in his hands, didn't have to hurry and he threw the ball out in such a way that it was intercepted and we weren't in a position to defend it.

Yeh ill have to just disagree with you about playing midfield

I think the main point here is that Leadbitter didn't check for his opponent's whereabouts. If you play midfielder yourself, as do I, you constantly check, double check, tripple check before you receive the ball. He had plenty of time to do this. 

It's a horrible throw to Leadbitter, of course. But Leadbitter is involved for sure. 

I think the main point here is that Leadbitter didn't check for his opponent's whereabouts. If you play midfielder yourself, as do I, you constantly check, double check, tripple check before you receive the ball. He had plenty of time to do this. 

It's a horrible throw to Leadbitter, of course. But Leadbitter is involved for sure. 

Exactly

I am too unfit to play in midfield :(. I am Tomlin pre weight loss. I have a quick mind but my body is too slow to carry out my idea effectively.

Belive me mate im getting there fast

To be honest, I'm not surprised that CT is the main guy arguing the contrary point here. He always is. Every discussion ever on here has CT arguing the unpopular decision. At this point I'm not even sure he believes half the stuff he says, he just seems to like being in the middle of things.

Oh dear, here we go again...

Which is the contrary point in a discussion with two different viewpoints?  They are obviously both contrary to each other.  What you actually mean is that its the point of view that is contrary to your own, which is automatically the 'correct' one, yeah?

Alot of people have said that they think Mejias is to blame so I don't see how that's the unpopular decision, whatever that means.  It might be unpopular with you because you've defended Mejias on here but I'm not sure the board automatically shares your opinion mate.

As for being in the middle of things, Rich has made more posts than me about it and I think Will and Humpty have as well so why don't you direct those comments to them?  If people have the decency to reply to me and ask me questions then I'm going to have the decency to reply to them and answer their questions.