oneBoro Forum

Boro vs Leeds (H) 0-1

I am too unfit to play in midfield :(. I am Tomlin pre weight loss. I have a quick mind but my body is too slow to carry out my idea effectively.

I am fortunate in that I have deceptive pace..........I'm actually slower than I look : (

Thought we missed Ayala's ariel threat on set pieces today and was disappointed with double A who after a bright start disappeared.

Also although I don't like saying it I thought AK got his sub's wrong. Tomlin can't play on the left and taking Nsue off left us unbalanced and stopped pir movement down the right.

• Replies 683
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

After mulling it over i've realised the game today was basically the same as us vs burnley away last season and burnley still went up

I think that's an interesting and good comparison mate for what it's worth.

After mulling it over i've realised the game today was basically the same as us vs burnley away last season and burnley still went up

Agreed, I thought that just after the game. It's just a matter of picking our selves up and moving on to the next one

To be honest, I'm not surprised that CT is the main guy arguing the contrary point here. He always is. Every discussion ever on here has CT arguing the unpopular decision. At this point I'm not even sure he believes half the stuff he says, he just seems to like being in the middle of things.

Oh dear, here we go again...

Which is the contrary point in a discussion with two different viewpoints?  They are obviously both contrary to each other.  What you actually mean is that its the point of view that is contrary to your own, which is automatically the 'correct' one, yeah?

Alot of people have said that they think Mejias is to blame so I don't see how that's the unpopular decision, whatever that means.  It might be unpopular with you because you've defended Mejias on here but I'm not sure the board automatically shares your opinion mate.

As for being in the middle of things, Rich has made more posts than me about it and I think Will and Humpty have as well so why don't you direct those comments to them?  If people have the decency to reply to me and ask me questions then I'm going to have the decency to reply to them and answer their questions.  

It's clear the majority view here is that Meijas isn't ENTIRELY to blame which is what YOU are arguing.

I defend anyone that I don't think deserves it and you're blind if you think Meijas is entirely to blame for that goal. You blame Meijas because you see that other people are defending him and you like to "discuss" (and by discuss I mean make passive aggressive condescending posts, which you've been called out for thousands of times already and every time we call you out you act surprised like you don't know what you're doing).

I did direct a comment at Humpty.

Rich and Will aren't being stubborn idiots and are portioning out the blame as it should be portioned. Your stubborn "Meijas is the only one to blame because you all think it's not entirely his fault" stance is maddening.

It's his opinion. It's only infuriating to you because it doesn't match your own.

You know what, it's not even that I particularly care what his opinion is. It's his attitude when putting his opinion forward.

The way he belittles anyone that disagrees with him and makes passive aggressive condescending remarks constantly. 

He's still wrong, anyone that thinks Meijas is 100% to blame for that goal needs a severe slapping to wake them up and bring them back into the real world.

It's his opinion. It's only infuriating to you because it doesn't match your own.

You know what, it's not even that I particularly care what his opinion is. It's his attitude when putting his opinion forward.

The way he belittles anyone that disagrees with him and makes passive aggressive condescending remarks constantly. 

He's still wrong, anyone that thinks Meijas is 100% to blame for that goal needs a severe slapping to wake them up and bring them back into the real world.

lol. 

passive aggressive > aggressive

It's clear the majority view here is that Meijas isn't ENTIRELY to blame which is what YOU are arguing.

I defend anyone that I don't think deserves it and you're blind if you think Meijas is entirely to blame for that goal. You blame Meijas because you see that other people are defending him and you like to "discuss" (and by discuss I mean make passive aggressive condescending posts, which you've been called out for thousands of times already and every time we call you out you act surprised like you don't know what you're doing).

Rich and Will aren't being stubborn idiots and are portioning out the blame as it should be portioned. Your stubborn "Meijas is the only one to blame because you all think it's not entirely his fault" stance is maddening.

No, that isn't clear at all.  Read through this thread and there are a lot of replies stating that Mejias is to blame.  There were posts saying that before I'd even gotten home from the game let alone posted on here and my first post was an overall one about the game and not specifically about him at all.

I blame Mejias because he had the ball in his hands and chose to throw it out when he didn't need to. He did it in such a way that the ball was easy to intercept and that's it, nothing more, nothing less.   

The condescension thing is fine as long as everyone else gets called out for it but that doesn't happen.  The people that get called out for it on here are the people whose opinions other people don't like.  Will says (in short) that if people don't agree with him then they don't understand football but apparently that's fine?  I'd love to see the reaction if I posted something like that.

I know you directed a comment to Humpty.  The problem is that you did that because he also doesn't share your opinion.  So essentially, the people you have an issue with are just those that don't agree with you.   You made out that I was posting loads to be in the middle of everything but as I pointed out I haven't even posted the most on the subject, those guys have but apparently it's me that's trying to be in the middle of it?   I'd say that half of my posts were answering Will or Rich's questions so other than ignoring them I'm not sure what else I was supposed to do.

Finally, I haven't seen any of them changing their opinion on it so I don't see why I'm the stubborn one.  I'd already stopped posting about it when you decided to chip in.

leadbitter can see for a good few seconds that the ball was coming to him, it was a good throw as it would have got us up the pitch quickly, cant blame mejias that leadbitter was too slow to get to the ball

Will says (in short) that if people don't agree with him then they don't understand football but apparently that's fine?

That's not quite what I said though is it?

To apportion 100% of the blame for the goal to Meijas then you have to confidently be able to say that nobody else on our team made an error in the direct lead up to the goal which you just can't. Leadbitter backed away from the ball, an error that is only realised in hindsight when the leeds player nipped in infront of him to get possession, had the player not been there then the backing away wouldn't have mattered, just like Meijas' throw only became an error in hindsight, if leadbitter had come towards the ball and got possession then Meijas' throw is not an error, that's a fact. Gibson and Kalas both tracked one runner, an error only realised because leeds didn't pass to that player and instead chose to pass to the wide open player on the edge of the box, if leeds play the ball to Morrison then Kalas and Gibson both tracking him is no longer an error.