oneBoro Forum

Boro vs Leeds (H) 0-1

I came on the site tonight to find out if there was any news on Vossen and all I've read so far is a discussion about Mejias' faux pas.  It looked to me like he had thrown the ball into an area of the pitch where there were too many Leeds players.  That's my view from what I saw at the match - I haven't had the benefit of any Sky replays.

One thing I will say about Mejias is that apart from that 'dodgy' pass I think he contributed hugely to our attacking performance with the rest of his throws (something that Dimi doesn't do).

• Replies 683
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I came on the site tonight to find out if there was any news on Vossen and all I've read so far is a discussion about Mejias' faux pas.  It looked to me like he had thrown the ball into an area of the pitch where there were too many Leeds players.  That's my view from what I saw at the match - I haven't had the benefit of any Sky replays.

One thing I will say about Mejias is that apart from that 'dodgy' pass I think he contributed hugely to our attacking performance with the rest of his throws (something that Dimi doesn't do).

Vossen posted on Twitter that he is up and about and feeling much better or something to that effect

That's not quite what I said though is it?

To apportion 100% of the blame for the goal to Meijas then you have to confidently be able to say that nobody else on our team made an error in the direct lead up to the goal which you just can't. Leadbitter backed away from the ball, an error that is only realised in hindsight when the leeds player nipped in infront of him to get possession, had the player not been there then the backing away wouldn't have mattered, just like Meijas' throw only became an error in hindsight, if leadbitter had come towards the ball and got possession then Meijas' throw is not an error, that's a fact. Gibson and Kalas both tracked one runner, an error only realised because leeds didn't pass to that player and instead chose to pass to the wide open player on the edge of the box, if leeds play the ball to Morrison then Kalas and Gibson both tracking him is no longer an error.

No it isn't what you said word for word but that is what you meant. Just like mine, your opinion is just an opinion, you have no way of knowing if it is indeed correct or not.  So how can you say that someone that has a different opinion knows nothing about football without it being just a touch condescending?  I don't have an issue with it and I wasn't being critical of you.  I was merely illustrating a point that some on here are allowed to have a certain attitude without people complaining about it but apparently others are not.  Apologies for dragging you into it.

I don't want to get back into this with you but to be clear, the 100% of the blame comes down to the fact that in my opinion he was wrong to throw the ball out. That's it.  Everything else comes after that incorrect decision, which is why he is to blame in my opinion.  He holds on to the ball and we don't concede a goal.  I just think it was a poor decision on his part.

Vossen posted on Twitter that he is up and about and feeling much better or something to that effect

Thanks.

That's not quite what I said though is it?

To apportion 100% of the blame for the goal to Meijas then you have to confidently be able to say that nobody else on our team made an error in the direct lead up to the goal which you just can't. Leadbitter backed away from the ball, an error that is only realised in hindsight when the leeds player nipped in infront of him to get possession, had the player not been there then the backing away wouldn't have mattered, just like Meijas' throw only became an error in hindsight, if leadbitter had come towards the ball and got possession then Meijas' throw is not an error, that's a fact. Gibson and Kalas both tracked one runner, an error only realised because leeds didn't pass to that player and instead chose to pass to the wide open player on the edge of the box, if leeds play the ball to Morrison then Kalas and Gibson both tracking him is no longer an error.

No it isn't what you said word for word but that is what you meant. Just like mine, your opinion is just an opinion, you have no way of knowing if it is indeed correct or not.  So how can you say that someone that has a different opinion knows nothing about football without it being just a touch condescending?  I don't have an issue with it and I wasn't being critical of you.  I was merely illustrating a point that some on here are allowed to have a certain attitude without people complaining about it but apparently others are not.  Apologies for dragging you into it.

I don't want to get back into this with you but to be clear, the 100% of the blame comes down to the fact that in my opinion he was wrong to throw the ball out. That's it.  Everything else comes after that incorrect decision, which is why he is to blame in my opinion.  He holds on to the ball and we don't concede a goal.  I just think it was a poor decision on his part.

Fair enough, we'll have to agree to disagree. It's still nice to have a reasoned debate with another (fairly ;) ) reasoned boro fan after a very very frustrating afternoon where we should've won.

I'm sure that you won't be thinking of but don't change the way you post mate, I got a little bit annoyed earlier at the wording of one of your posts but having read that back I may have overreacted a bit. Keep it up as even though I often disagree with them it's nice to read posts with a lot of well thought out arguments.

Nah..... That's gibbos fault. Throwing a very lazy leg out giving the deflection and wrong footing Mejias.

Simple no deflection no goal

(Now where's that sarcasm emoji??)

Nah..... That's gibbos fault. Throwing a very lazy leg out giving the deflection and wrong footing Mejias.

Simple no deflection no goal

(Now where's that sarcasm emoji??)

It beats me how Madrid let him slip threw there fingers!

Strange how nobody was making these 'funny' jibes when Ben Gibson put a thumping header past his own keeper and then in the next game caused that keeper to get sent off with a dreadful back pass, resulting in the player everyone seems to hate so much having to play today...

One rule for locals and another for everyone else it seems. Or is it one rule for Meijas and another for everyone else?

• Like 1

Strange how nobody was making these 'funny' jibes when Ben Gibson put a thumping header past his own keeper and then in the next game caused that keeper to get sent off with a dreadful back pass, resulting in the player everyone seems to hate so much having to play today...

One rule for locals and another for everyone else it seems. Or is it one rule for Meijas and another for everyone else?

Relax man. Why so serious?

100% agree with this

He is a future england captain you know....  :cool: