oneBoro Forum

Is it just me, or is the difference this half of the season to last half is that our strikers are starting to get more selfish. Im sure there was a few occasions kike and adomah were so desperate to score themselves, other better options were ignored. We need to reinstate the team mentality we had in the first half of the season. I think thats why we were more free scoring than we are now. The goal at birmingham was a good example of this team focus, but needs to be maintained. Maybe im wrong, maybe im not

• Replies 415
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Think you are spot on BP there was a lot of examples of being selfish being shown yesterday but think that was partially down to the desperate way of how play unfolded, we tried too hard at times when sometimes the obvious choice was missed.

Leadbitter looked exhausted when he was subbed off so I've got a feeling that Karanka will rest him. Adomah had to cover a lot of ground also. So I think we will start:

Dimi; Fredericks, Kalas, Gibson, Friend; Clayton, Forshaw; Bamford, Tomlin, Reach; Kike.

What a game this will be. I hate the phrase MIGOTSSF but I would like to make you aware that is what I think without saying it, haha. Bolton will be tough. Neil Lennon won't allow the run to continue and he will motivate his players to play against a side that no doubt he will say 'best of the division'. Quite worried about this one but they have Mills and Lonegan so it will be a mix up for them. Let's hope we can take advantage.

Think Dimi will come back to sure things up to make sure mistakes don't happen and aren't acceptable to AK. Think Gibson will be rested to allow Ken to control Heskey. Clayton to be rested- wouln't be surprised to see Whitehead even in the lineup. Reach i think was put into the match yesterday to get match fitness up so think we will start this one again. Tomlin and Bamford to start to try and get goals as soon as possible with Kike to lead the line to continue his good form.

Dimi

Nsue Kalas Omeruo Friend

Leadbitter Forshaw

Bamford Tomlin Reach

Kike

Totally and utterly flabbergasted by that statement Dunerzzz, the first complaint even though I have asked before :D

I hope you noted that I stated I would not use my seldom used phrase this time?

Semi pleased that you had to make a slight reference to it though :P

What a game this will be. I hate the phrase MIGOTSSF but I would like to make you aware that is what I think without saying it, haha. Bolton will be tough. Neil Lennon won't allow the run to continue and he will motivate his players to play against a side that no doubt he will say 'best of the division'. Quite worried about this one but they have Mills and Lonegan so it will be a mix up for them. Let's hope we can take advantage.

Think Dimi will come back to sure things up to make sure mistakes don't happen and aren't acceptable to AK. Think Gibson will be rested to allow Ken to control Heskey. Clayton to be rested- wouln't be surprised to see Whitehead even in the lineup. Reach i think was put into the match yesterday to get match fitness up so think we will start this one again. Tomlin and Bamford to start to try and get goals as soon as possible with Kike to lead the line to continue his good form.

Dimi

Nsue Kalas Omeruo Friend

Leadbitter Forshaw

Bamford Tomlin Reach

Kike

Totally and utterly flabbergasted by that statement Dunerzzz, the first complaint even though I have asked before :D

I hope you noted that I stated I would not use my seldom used phrase this time?

Semi pleased that you had to make a slight reference to it though :P

Ha! I think it's the captials that gets to me. But now I think I'm going to be saying the exact phrase to everyone I speak to offline about Boro.

Hopefully Carayol is on the bench for this game but probably not best to start off with a Bolton side, desperate to get some points.

No other defeat this season has worried me as much as this one.

3 losses in August - long time ago and firmly put behind us.

Liverpool - taken a lot of heart from how we went out.

Wolves - an off night against an in-form team (at the time)

Ipswich - A good side who exploited our weaknesses.

***nal - A very good side who were in sparkling form.

Basically each of those games (not really ***nal) have seen us react really quite well. It's been an oft-repeated line that the character of the team lies in how they've bounced back from setbacks.

I am worried about yesterday's defeat and whether it's knocked the stuffing out of everyone a bit. To be that dominant, to have been top at the start of the day, and to slip like that and take nothing from the game...I think AK has a job on his hands to pick everyone up and to turn in a performance on Tuesday.

Let's hope he can do it.

Basically each of those games (not really ***nal) have seen us react really quite well. It's been an oft-repeated line that the character of the team lies in how they've bounced back from setbacks.

I am worried about yesterday's defeat and whether it's knocked the stuffing out of everyone a bit. To be that dominant, to have been top at the start of the day, and to slip like that and take nothing from the game...I think AK has a job on his hands to pick everyone up and to turn in a performance on Tuesday.

Let's hope he can do it.

I think the blow will have been massively softened by the fact Bournemouth and Ipswich both lost too, were still in the automatics, and we didn't play poorly either.

Let's hope he can do it.

I think the blow will have been massively softened by the fact Bournemouth and Ipswich both lost too, were still in the automatics, and we didn't play poorly either.

I also think the team themselves will want to put it right.