oneBoro Forum

I hope that no-one is pinning their hopes on the return of Carayol and that all of a sudden we will see a complete turn of fortunes and that we become undefeatable?

Ok perhaps too dramatic but whilst it will be good for all of us to see his inclusion the most important thing is that we will have another option to what many on here think is the area needing strengthening the most and that is the most important thing but being massively influential that may take some time as yet.

Bolton will not be relishing this game in view of their recent results and in all honesty they should fear a back lash to a degree as I certainly am expecting a very determined Boro win and performance.

Am somewhat surprised at the lack of seeing the Wildman even on the bench let alone getting a run out with the first team so there has to be a thinking aspect with AK that we are not aware or privy too.

What I will say and that is if he plays is a step up in gear and effort from Foreshaw, I like what I have seen from him so far but he does seem to be up till now slightly hesitant and you may or may not agree with me I think he could work very well in tandem to Tomlin thus allowing more freedom to Bamford and Kike

• Replies 415
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

I donøt think anyone is seeing Carayol as a saviour, and we don't really need a "complete change of fortunes" as prior to last week we had won 5 league games on the bounce and even though we only got 1 point last week we dominated Birmingham with 10 men and also dominated Leeds.

It will however be nice to get a natural left sided winger with experience from this divison and who is a proven goal threat from the wing. Not something you can say about our other wingers Reach, Adomah, Nsue, Wildschut.

Is Carayol benefitting from being out of the team? Its not that long ago he appeared to have no future at the club and was getting stick off the fans. Wildshutt seems to be getting some of this as well.

AK nots daft and not that stubborn if Janic had been performing at a higher level than Reach or Adomah in training then he would have had a run out especially during the recent fixture congestion.

Edit

SSN saying ream, Davies and longehan out for Bolton tomorrow.

Excellent opportunity to get back to winning ways, most of our closest rivals are also at home so nee to pick up the points make no mistake.

Norwich have a hard game at Blackburn and likewise Bournemouth at Forest on Wednesday, no to see the gaps developing again.

Come on Boro, big game, big week.  

Aitor Karanka has confirmed @Muzza_19 will return to the squad for Tuesday's game against @OfficialBWFC Full story to come.

Called it ;)

Gonna go controversial here. My starting 11 would be

-----------------Dimi----------------

Fredricks--kalas--Gibbo--Friend

---------Clayton---Forshaw--------

Nsue--------Paddy------Adomah

---------------Vossen---------------

Grant is looking very heavy legged at the moment and needs a rest. Give gorgeous the armband.. I think BamBam and Vossen are infinitely more intelligent that Kike. And with the sped both flanks provide will get goals against a severely battered and bruised Bolton side

Vossen wont be allowed to play... He wont be allowed to play for 1 week due to concussion... I like that line up though apart from I would like Wildscut to be given a chance on the left and Adomah showed today hes far better on the right.

Wasn't aware of the time off required for a head injury. so that puts Kike back up front. No great dramas with that as long as he gets his head up once in a while. I agree that Adomah is much better on the right but would expect him and Nsue to swap over frequently

I think Nsue would do a brilliant job on the left all game and leave Adomah on the right.... Put Bamford upfront with Tomlin just behind him.

I'd like to see that forward line up too NB

Great news. Hopefully we can get into a comfortable position scoreline-wise before giving him an opportunity so there's no pressure on him. So glad he is back. As others have said, he is no saviour, but can change games and scores goals.

Massive boost to the squad.

Let's hope we are winning comfortably and he can come on and get some minutes in his legs

Not sure I agree with all the Muzzy hype as thought his days were numbered under AK before he got injured as didn't seem like a 90 minute player to me.

Good luck to the lad if he gets on the bench though

Think this will be a comfortable 3-1 , but then I always say that !!

Not sure I agree with all the Muzzy hype as thought his days were numbered under AK before he got injured as didn't seem like a 90 minute player to me.

Still don't think it's a hype. People are just glad that we have a left sided out n out winger back who has proven he can score goals in this division. Adomah isn't at his best on the left and Reach isn't impressing atm, so we need something else on the left flank which just happens to be where Muzzy is at his best. We're also a much better team compared to a year ago which may make him even more dangerous.

Let's wait and see. I'm confident that he will have a role to play for the remainder of the season but I'm well aware that he won't guarantee promotion on his own.

Before hes injury I classed him as one of our better players.. If hes injury doesn't have any lasting effects I still think he will be one of our better players.

The lad has the pace, Trickery, Directness and goals we have lacked from the wide players this season.

Before hes injury I classed him as one of our better players.. If hes injury doesn't have any lasting effects I still think he will be one of our better players.

The lad has the pace, Trickery, Directness and goals we have lacked from the wide players this season.

My main fear is that as a natural winger he is all of those things but lacks the defensive abilities needed in the system we play. Albert for example has stopped scoring , but is now more solid defensively. Adam, likewise. Muzzy is more in the Yanic mould of unpredictability and could be a perfect sub rather than starter for me.

Will be chuffed if he comes back strong though, I just don't see him as an AK player.  

My main fear is that as a natural winger he is all of those things but lacks the defensive abilities needed in the system we play. Albert for example has stopped scoring , but is now more solid defensively. Adam, likewise. Muzzy is more in the Yanic mould of unpredictability and could be a perfect sub rather than starter for me.

Will be chuffed if he comes back strong though, I just don't see him as an AK player.  

I agree hes not as defensively sound but that's something he could easily improve on.