oneBoro Forum
Air Resistance

Boro vs Bolton 1-0

Andy Lonergan and both Tim Ream carried off with injuries today

Matt Mills was sent off

and Heskey had to play in central defence

Surely we can bag a few goals on Tuesday

I was very impressed by Kalas , very solid no nonsense player. Reach for me is not a left winger of any substance. Forty or more years (Showing my age here) ago he would have been an inside left. Unfortunately that position does not exist anymore. I personally think he is a good perceptive passer of the ball but not when racing along the touchline. I therefore think he would be better utililised in the hole behind the CF(s). Hope Wildschutt or Carayol gets the nod from AK for this one.

I really think we need to drop Gibson. Happened last season and he was quality when he came back. I'm assuming that Vossen won't be playing for a week or two.

-------------------Dimi--------------------

--Fredericks---Omeruo----Kalas---Friend---

-----------Leadbitter--Clayton------------

----Adomah----Forshaw----Tomlin-----

-------------------Bamford----------------

Subs: Mejias, Nsue, Reach, Gibson, Kike, Whitehead, Carayol(?)

Can't drop Kalas after today. He was excellent. Karanka has a tough decision to make. I think he'll take Gibson out the defence in one of the next two games personally.

I really think we need to drop Gibson. Happened last season and he was quality when he came back. I'm assuming that Vossen won't be playing for a week or two.

-------------------Dimi--------------------

--Fredericks---Omeruo----Kalas---Friend---

-----------Leadbitter--Clayton------------

----Adomah----Forshaw----Tomlin-----

-------------------Bamford----------------

Subs: Mejias, Nsue, Reach, Gibson, Kike, Whitehead, Carayol(?)

Don't know where, but feel Nuse has to be in that starting line up somewhere.

Can't drop Kalas after today. He was excellent. Karanka has a tough decision to make. I think he'll take Gibson out the defence in one of the next two games personally.

I agree, Kalas looked a class act.. There was one point were he was under pressuer but had a team mate to pass it to but realized there was a Leeds player closing him so he did the save thing and knocked it out of play...I just though it summed hes play up.. Composed, Dominate, Aware and Very smart.  The boy is a class act.

Gonna go controversial here. My starting 11 would be

-----------------Dimi----------------

Fredricks--kalas--Gibbo--Friend

---------Clayton---Forshaw--------

Nsue--------Paddy------Adomah

---------------Vossen---------------

Grant is looking very heavy legged at the moment and needs a rest. Give gorgeous the armband.. I think BamBam and Vossen are infinitely more intelligent that Kike. And with the sped both flanks provide will get goals against a severely battered and bruised Bolton side

Grant is looking very heavy legged at the moment and needs a rest. Give gorgeous the armband.. I think BamBam and Vossen are infinitely more intelligent that Kike. And with the sped both flanks provide will get goals against a severely battered and bruised Bolton side

No way will Vossen be playing this one unfortunately. Minimum of a weeks rest required with a concussion.

Vossen wont be allowed to play... He wont be allowed to play for 1 week due to concussion... I like that line up though apart from I would like Wildscut to be given a chance on the left and Adomah showed today hes far better on the right.

No way will Vossen be playing this one unfortunately. Minimum of a weeks rest required with a concussion.

And can't see Tomlin being benched 2 games in a row

If Emile Heskey plays centre back on Tuesday he's nailed on to get man of the match and help Bolton keep a clean sheet :D

-----------Dimi------------

Nsue--Omeruo--Kalas--Friend

------Clayton--Forshaw-----

Adomah----Tomlin----Bamford

-----------Kike------------

Nsue and Kalas played very well for me today. I think Gibbo could do with a little rest as his form has declined recently. Same with Leadbitter. I'd let Adomah and Bamford switch through the game and try to make space for themselves and I'd give Kike another start, I thought he worked really hard today and looked the most likely to get us a goal.

Good reaction from the Lads and a solid 3-0 win. Kike, BamBam and Tomlin as well as Adomah to chest the ball 2 yards into the air atleast once.

Dimi

Nsue-Kalas-Omeruo-Friend

Clayton-Leadbitter

Adomah-Forshaw-Tomlin

Bamford

Hope to see Muzzy back on the bench also.

@VossenJelle 4:52 PM

Just got home from the hospital. Can't remember what happened but everything ok, feeling very well now. Thanks for all messages! #UTB

Won't be playing on Tuesday I doubt but glad he's OK

• Latest Posts

• 29th May SC Freiburg  v  Bayer Leverkusen. A 30th May. Mainz  v  1899 Hoffenheim. D FC Schalke  v  Werder Bremem H Hertha Berlin  v  FC Augsburg. D VfL Wolfsburg.  v  Eintracht Frankfurt. H Bayern Munich  v  Fortuna Dusseldorf. H 31st May. Borussia Monchenladbach  v  FC Union Berlin. H SC Paderborn  v  Borussia Dortmund. A 1st June. FC Koln  v  RB Leizig. A 2nd June. Werder Bremem  v  Eintracht Frankfurt H  
    • My local club was back in action again yesterday behind closed doors. However they had invited supporters to join via zoom and had then set up huge big screens in the stadium in front of the stands that could show up to 200 hundred streams of supporters from their own homes. I watched the game on TV while also attending via zoom and it actually worked fine. There is a video of it here on a Danish newspaper. Just let it get past the commercials https://ekstrabladet.dk/sport/fodbold/dansk_fodbold/superligaen/agf/gaar-verden-rundt-igen-banebrydende/8141368 They also played a sound stream out through the PA system of a former home match, so you got some crowd noise and singing. The players were really happy about it and the atmosphere also got though on TV. Days before the game it was also possible to go the fan shop and get free cardboard figures to paint and set up in the stands. Football is back and I love it.
    • OK, I may have said too much by saying "it isn't dangerous in any way". While I obviously acknowledge that there is risk when humans have contact, I'll rephrase it to probably one of the lowest risks across the country considering they are well guarded and have weekly tests so they can be treated immediatly and they are healthy young athletes.   Well that was something I would expect, and even if football was still under lockdown in Germany they might have gotten it anyway considering they have interactions with people outside football too. At least they are quickly diagnosed now so they can go into quarantine and their family can get tested right away too. This way you can easily and quickly break the chain of infection.  It's hardly the footballing industry's fault that people can't behave properly. We've opened up a lot over the last month in Denmark and massively increased testing and the number of infected people have still dropped massively and the number of people in hospital have decreased to a level where it's almost insignificant and the we're only using 4% of our respirators.  My point is we need to learn to live with it and looking at the professional football industry the risks aren't big enough to justify keeping it under lockdown. What people do in the private households isn't the fault of football. There are thousands of jobs on the line and you can't just keep that locked down when the risks don't justify it. It really hasn't got anything to do with greed but rather a weighted consideration of which industry can open at what risk. I really fail to see the huge risks of football behind closed doors. If it's because people will get together in large gatherings, drink from the same beer and not keep a distance then it's because they are stupid and not because of football itself. 
    • I'm not playing anymore. It was bad enough having to predict League 1 and 2 fixtures, there's no way i'm attempting to keep up with Bundesliga ones.
    • Still missing quite a few predictions for Round 37. Tonight's kick off is 7.30pm so take a few minutes to post them predictions please.   Round 37..Frid: 29th May. 19.30hr Kick Off.