oneBoro Forum

Not sure I agree with all the Muzzy hype as thought his days were numbered under AK before he got injured as didn't seem like a 90 minute player to me.

Good luck to the lad if he gets on the bench though  

Think this will be a comfortable 3-1 , but then I always say that !!

Before hes injury I classed him as one of our better players.. If hes injury doesn't have any lasting effects I still think he will be one of our better players.

The lad has the pace, Trickery, Directness and goals we have lacked from the wide players this season.

My main fear is that as a natural winger he is all of those things but lacks the defensive abilities needed in the system we play. Albert for example has stopped scoring , but is now more solid defensively. Adam, likewise. Muzzy is more in the Yanic mould of unpredictability and could be a perfect sub rather than starter for me.

Will be chuffed if he comes back strong though, I just don't see him as an AK player.  

I agree he not as defensively sound but that's something he could easily improve on.

Absolutely. He has had enough time on the sidelines to watch and learn. The one thing I should say is that if AK picks him it will only because he has faith in him to do a job so in fairness that should be enough! 

• Replies 415
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Reading between the lines it does appear that perhaps many of us are beginning to question whether or not fatigue is beginning to surface in some of the players and of course I accept that with games coming thick and fast this is possibly and probably true.

So with that in mind and discounting injuries do you feel that perhaps we might start seeing a bit more of the likes of Carayol (who seems to be a very welcome option) Wildschut and Husband to name a few?

With what you are saying BT then surely it would be better for us to play fresher legs so to speak because lets face it this is a must win game is it not?

Plus we also have to consider that Saturdays game will not be a give me result and we all know what happens when Millwall roll up the Riverside.

There was a recent thread regarding rotation really feel that this might have to apply to tomorrows game

That's true, but every player in the squad has been rotated in the league except Dimi and George. I don't know the exact stats but I would imagine that Friend has started even more games than Leadbitter. I know he was rested against Blackpool the other week, but that was for a change of shape - Husband didn't even make the bench.

I like what I've seen of Husband, but could it be that Aitor doesn't trust him defensively? His appearance stats this season speak for themselves.

RT@JonathonTaylor1: Reported #Boro U21 line-up tonight: Ripley, Bennett, Fry, Burn ©, Husband, Brobbel, Maloney, Morris, McAloon, Kitching, Fewster #BoroLive

Apparently no Wildschut in squad either.

Yep, No Wildschut in the squad.... I hope he starts tomorrow.

Reading between the lines it does appear that perhaps many of us are beginning to question whether or not fatigue is beginning to surface in some of the players and of course I accept that with games coming thick and fast this is possibly and probably true.

So with that in mind and discounting injuries do you feel that perhaps we might start seeing a bit more of the likes of Carayol (who seems to be a very welcome option) Wildschut and Husband to name a few?

IMO Husband and Wildshut should of played a lot more than they have this season...

Husband looks more than good enough to have been given a chance to play more games and that would give Friend more of a rest.

Wildschut should of at least been on the bench in a lot of the games this season, In certain situations hes pace would be brilliant to use of the bench, I think given a fair chance he could be a very useful player in the run in to this season.. He looks a bit erratic but there is something about him I like about him and I think he could be a game Changer/Winner.

right, here we go again with a game we should and have to win , Lets get thje job done properly this time eh ,  no more  getting everone on edge cause we dont  put our chances away  no more daft errors at our end  Weve got the better squad and are against a team with selection headaches  that are well below us in the table  Please Boro make this one easy on my nerves  .

A goal fest would be nice but as long as we score relatively early then push on for  1 0r 2 more to put the game to bed ...im happy

Not asking for too much ....am i  :) :)

Below is a link to the Bolton thread if anybody is interested. Not sure whether AR wants to place the link in his opening post?

http://www.the-wanderer.co.uk/boards/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=25891

The general theme at the minute is a debate about their selection headache tomorrow, although some have gave their predictions and they don't seem too confident.

Nice to hear that Muzzy will be with the squad tomorrow and may get a run out, hopefully Yanic will find himself on the bench too and may get some game time. I agree with some on here Yanic has the possibility to change games with his strength and pace but seems to be a little hit and miss.

AK has also confirmed Vossen wont be involved as everyone expected so you would imagine Kike would start and if he doe's hopefully he will be more selfless and pass to team mates when they are in better goalscoring positions. Kike is a very intelligent footballer but he needs to remember it is a team game and sometimes passing the ball is the easier route to getting the ball in the net rather than taking the shot on himself.

Oh and Aitor, please start Bamford this time. Thanks. (although i doubt he reads the forum).

As squad we should have the freshest legs in the league. Not only has Karanka rotated all season but we're a team that keep possession which means we don't chase the ball.

Personally I'd put out our 1st choice 11 from here on out. We need consistency and rhythm and that will come from a settled side.