oneBoro Forum

Adam Reach

Wildschut seems to be the latest player to suddenly get better in peoples minds after being nowhere near the first team for a long while. It was the same case with Reach and L.Williams a year or two back. Whenever I've seen him I've been less than impressed. His technical ability looks very poor. He seems to be a bit of a punt by us hoping that he will add technique to his pace and power as there's a good base to build on.

Talking about Reach - He's our second top in our assists and certainly has done ok this season. People have got to remember how far he has improved this season. He isn't suddenly a top quality player because he has played in a decent amount of games for us this season. I agree that he is very frustrating at key moments and can slow down attacks, but I think that's more down to his general lack of direct dribbling ability and instructions to not try to force things as he's not the most creative of players. He's got great potential and I've said for a while that once he finds an extra burst of pace and improves the technical side of his game he will be very good player.

I'm looking forward to Carayol coming back into the team as he is another good option to play LW. Reach and Adomah have done ok at LW but there is defeinitely room for improvement. Our team is far better since Carayol last played for us so it will be interesting to see hw much he will benefit from having better players around him. His and Friend's partnership down the left flank was a joy to watch.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought he was fine today, nothing special and did waste a good opportunity but he also put a few decent balls in and was secure in his passing, control etc. Didn't have a great game but neither was he as bad as lots of people are making out.

He has all the attributes to be a top class winger (He's strong, he's fast, he's tall, and he's got a wicked left foot) but he seems to either lack the confidence or willingness to drive at defenders. For example as soon as he came on at ***nal, he picked the ball up and ran through their midfield and at their defenders at pace, eventually winning a free kick in a dangerous area. That shows he has the ability, but how many times have we seen him pick the ball up on the wing, take on the opposition winger and isolate the fullback only to turn around and pass the ball to friend?

It's just frustrating knowing he has the ability to leave the defender in his dust, but for whatever reason he doesn't do it enough

He has all the attributes to be a top class winger (He's strong, he's fast, he's tall, and he's got a wicked left foot) but he seems to either lack the confidence or willingness to drive at defenders. For example as soon as he came on at ***nal, he picked the ball up and ran through their midfield and at their defenders at pace, eventually winning a free kick in a dangerous area. That shows he has the ability, but how many times have we seen him pick the ball up on the wing, take on the opposition winger and isolate the fullback only to turn around and pass the ball to friend?

It's just frustrating knowing he has the ability to leave the defender in his dust, but for whatever reason he doesn't do it enough

Spot on in my opinion.

I did feel as if he was improving on these faults as the season wore on to be fair to him.  There were times that he was noticeably more aggressive in fairness to him.

I gave Reach the lowest rating today and I think he was the weakest link ( ran close by Kike for me) but he did have a few good moments (bustled well, did manage to skip inside one then drive to byline) but he was, and has been lately, fairly anonymous. I would almost call him non-threatening. Which for a winger is certainly no complement.

BUT I would say that his dip in form has coincided with Georges. I think George hasnt been as marauding lately and that is affecting Reachs game as his game is more suited to interplay and holding it up for the fullback. More of a 442 left midfielder where the leftback overlaps effectively and one of the centre mids creates the triangles down the side.

From the other comments I feel I may be alone here, but I think Reach is doing great and had a good game yesterday.

He's not the finished article yet, but a lot of our best performance have come with him playing. He's set up a good amount of goals this season and his defensive play is second to none. He's not blessed with Aaron Lennon's pace, but he retains possession excellently and isn't afraid to drive in or outside his man and wait to pick the right ball instead of just whipping the thing across in hope .

if anyone is moaning at reach for poor end product they should be moaning about adomah to. lost count of his awful crosses yesterday. the commentators even picked up on us wasting promising situations. both our wingers are basically crap and let the whole team down all the time with gash crossing etc. the wide midfielders/wingers are not good enough.

regardless of what league we are in next season AK will be desperate to buy new wingers. prichard from brentford and Russell from derby would be nice.

The next time he puts adomah in reachs position i walk out the ground, it doesn't work putting bamford out wide in adomahs position then putting adomah on the other wing karanka needs to go back to what he was doing at the start of the season for example -

...................dimi/mejais......................

fredricks/ambella..gibson/omeruo/ayala...freind/kalas

..................clayton/foreshaw...leadbitter..............

adomah/nsue.....vossen/bamford........carayol/reach

........................bamford/kike..................

I think playing players in their natural position works better than changing it.

The next time he puts adomah in reachs position i walk out the ground, it doesn't work putting bamford out wide in adomahs position then putting adomah on the other wing karanka needs to go back to what he was doing at the start of the season for example -

...................dimi/mejais......................

fredricks/ambella..gibson/omeruo/ayala...freind/kalas

..................clayton/foreshaw...leadbitter..............

adomah/nsue.....vossen/bamford........carayol/reach

........................bamford/kike..................

I think playing players in their natural position works better than changing it.

Seems strange that you say that. Our most consistant run has come with Albert playing in that role with Bamford playing on the right.