oneBoro Forum
Air Resistance

Boro vs Sheffield Wednesday (A) 0-2

We're 3 points clear of 3rd. This isn't a must win game. As long as we take 4 points from the next 2 games, that's fine. Though naturally I'd like a greedy 6.

Guest sackrobson

They've scored 8 goals at home all season winning just 3 games, of course they are rubbish at home. We need to win this game. Its obviously set up as a classical banana skin but Karanka doesn't seem to slip on banana skins like the boro have done in the past. I think we will win this one comfortably, I'll go for 3-0.

The Bournemouth result was the perfect scenario for us and AK  will have hammered out any complacency that might have been creeping in  ...  well I hope he has ;-) 

I'm expecting a good performance. 

Feeling rather optimistic about this for some reason today. Karanka will be expecting a massive improvement and I reckon the players will be putting a shift in in training. Bamford will be wanting to put those misses behind him and I reckon we'll finally see Muzzy again.

3-0 Boro Bamford to get 2.

First ever away game so if we lose you'll all know who to blame :D

Could be a bad choice:

Boro have lost 5 of the last 6 games at Hillsborough

Sheff Wed have won 3 of the last 4 meetings against Boro and not lost.

Stats courtesy of opta.

Think Bambam will be up for this.

Not a dig at you typicalborough but I never understood the relevance of those kind of stats. Different players. Different managers. Differing form. Different situations. Completely irrelevant

They don't score many at home 8 in 16 games but they have only conceded 13 in those games.

They've won 3, drawn 8 and lost 5...

The pessimist in me says 0-0, but the optimist can only stretch to yet another nervy 1-0 win for us - which at the end of the day is still 3 points

Updated the OP. Unforuntely can't add pics and colour or even bold of it only allows quick edit (the full edit button is stuck behind an advert!)

Use the right click on your mouse on the edit button as it will open it up for you for a full edit

Sheff Wed are a bang average team, Just about as average as you can get if you look at there stats in the league table... The result at home at the start of the season was when we didn't have the squad we do now and we are a far better team, That score is irrelevant to this game just like previous seasons results....

IMO anything less than 3 points in this game will be very disappointing, Its time to kick on and start beating the bang average/ Poor teams because it going to get much tougher than away to Sheff Wed...

I don't get some people who would be happy with 1 point because it will be the same people who will be happy with 1 point next week at Forest then happy with 1 point against the teams around us... My point is if you are going to be content with 1 point from games at this stage of the season then you would probably take the playoffs right now which is bonkers..... That`s not aimed at anyone in particular but in general.

Lets go to Sheff Wed score goals and finish the game early...

UTB.

Guest richiehill01

Long time lurker..

I think I may be dreaming but I do think we are on course to completely stuff a team soon... We create more than enough chances.

Just wondering is there a pre-match boro pub that you are all going to in Sheff?

I think Nsue will come back in for this one.

I'd stick with Kalas but maybe rest Gibson and bring Omeruo back.

Be interesting to see if AK changes the formation like at Blackpool because of the pitch.

Bamford to get 2 in a 2-0 win

Hoping for a win but it will be another nervous one 1-0, 2-1 Boro.

Dimi

Nsue Kalas Gibson Friend

Clayton Leadbitter

Bamford Tomlin Admoah

Kike

Fancy Kike to score in this one and Kalas too! UTB.