oneBoro Forum

Boro vs Sheffield Wednesday (A) 0-2

Makes me laugh the reaction after a loss on here. People expect us to play free-flowing football and batter teams week-in week-out. Truth is, teams now set up against us to turn it into a battle, to bring the game to their level, yet still we've been grinding out results.

Two individual mistakes, both leading to goals, against the second-strongest defence in the league and we were bound to lose unfortunately. It's not like we were outplayed, we (Ken) just gifted them three points.

We may not have been outplayed but it certainly sounded like we gave them nothing to fear. Once again a very poor performance and we have now let a handful of teams into the auto promotion chase. Couple that with our poor performances, distinct lack of goal threat and our upcoming fixtures and I think you'll see why people are so frustrated.

Staying in the top 2 in the coming weeks is going to be so difficult and based on recent performances I doubt we will be there come the end of the month.

I can see why, I just don't think our situation is as dire as most are making out.

Our rivals will have off-days too, no-one will win all their remaining games. I still have every faith we'll go up automatically.

• Replies 476
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Just seen the goals on Sky seems as if the ball went straight to Kens hand though he made no attempt to pull his hand away and the second one well just one of those lucky balls bouncing off the frame and getting to a Wednesday player

Lost the internet connection during the game. A real downer to see we lost. I have no idea how we played I just hope its not the pressure getting to the guys.

At least the Derby result kept us in touch. I'm sure AK will get us back to winning ways again soon. UTB

Just need to bring your attention to the best reaction I found on Facebook this evening:

'Sack him he's lost the plot give Higgy the job'

Beyond parody.

Just need to bring your attention to the best reaction I found on Facebook this evening:

'Sack him he's lost the plot give Higgy the job'

Beyond parody.

Lol some people are absolute tools.

It was a shambles of a performance and we need to get over it quick and bounce back against Millwall on Tuesday.

But we are in march and sitting 2nd in the league with all to play for. And i just have a feeling we will see a massive improvement in our month of destiny.

UTB

Well that was disappointing, good to hear AK coming out and admitting he was wrong though. I reckon (and hope) that he gets his best 11 and sticks with it barring injuries etc.

Think Ken won't be playing much again this season. I don't know what has happened to him but he doesn't seem the player he was last season.

On to Millwall.

Was at the game and I've got to say that was a pretty awful performance against a, let's face it, poor side.

Got pulled down to their level, too much hoof ball and not enough desire to actually get it on the floor and play. Our usual determination wasn't there and I was expecting to see it when we went 2 down but it didn't come.

There wasn't much for us to cheer about either and I can't even recall us actually testing their keeper. When Grant came on he drove the team and tried to make stuff happen, for me he should be the first name on the teamsheet, if fit. Never drop your captain, especially when the possibility of a scrappy match is likely. We did miss him today.

I never boo the lads and I was there clapping when they came over after the game. Tomlin was there for ages actually. But I can see why a few frustrated fans had a bit of a boo. We should be beating teams like Sheffield Wednesday comfortably if we want to get promoted. We haven't had a convincing performance for a while come to think of it.

Hope this is a minor slip and we come out and put it right on Tuesday. I think we will. UTB

Well that was awful, we are such a poor ineffective team at the moment. Really worried for the rest of this season

Will have the Millwall thread up either tonight or tomorrow depending on when I get back from Sheffield