oneBoro Forum

Boro vs Sheffield Wednesday (A) 0-2

Also don't understand the logic of Gibson hoofing the ball every ten seconds, our strikers have no chance.

We must be the worst team to watch in the country,no wonder the crowds are so low

• Replies 476
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Well that was awful, we are such a poor ineffective team at the moment. Really worried for the rest of this season

Will have the Millwall thread up either tonight or tomorrow depending on when I get back from Sheffield

The sooner this thread gets deleted the better...

Well that was the worst I've seen us play all season. Definitely one to forget. I really hope this is a wake up call that we cannot continue trying to win matches by playing terribly.

One of our main problems (disregarding the terrible formation and team selection) is that we are heavily right sided. Muzzy cannot come back soon enough because we are terrible on the left (especially when we don't play George!) which means that everything has to go through Adomah or the center. The center is crowded out because teams park the bus against us and Adomah is usually doubled up on. I honestly don't think I've even seen Clayton play that badly. His first touch was so awful, his second was a tackle and I'm a big fan of the lad. We massively miss Danny. Gibson looks lost without him and big Ken is having a shocker of a season. The strikers are not to blame here, they're isolated and been given ridiculous long balls that they have no chance of doing anything with. We need to go back to basics and get passing that ball around quickly and on the floor.

I do think it's not all doom and gloom. If we can get ourselves out of this little rut and get fired up again, we still have an excellent chance of winning the league. The ball is in our court and I really hope that we do better than we have been. Roll on Millwall, let this one go and lets get behind Karanka and the lads.

Well that was awful, we are such a poor ineffective team at the moment. Really worried for the rest of this season

Will have the Millwall thread up either tonight or tomorrow depending on when I get back from Sheffield

The sooner this thread gets delegated the better...

To whom?

The sooner this thread gets deleted the better...

To whom?

Oops... Edited now.

The sooner this thread gets delegated the better...

To whom?

Strange of you to say that Naughty Boy when you're usually the first to criticise the team after we play poorly.

AK messed it up today nothing much more to say than that... Lets move on to the Millwall game score lots of and win.

UTB.

Just got back from the game, man was that poor. Fair play to AK for admitting yo his mistakes but imo this performance/result has been coming for a while now. We've been scraping wins but I think for the sake of confidence we need a convincing win on Tuesday night.

Today we got dragged into a battle and without Ayala we won't win many battles. I thought the midfield were poor as a unit today, no creativity, no one seemed willing to put the foot on the ball.

My concerns are that this isn't a one off. Leeds was the best we've played for a while yet we were beaten. I'm hoping that this performance will be the catalyst for us to bounce back and find our feet again. At the beginning of the season I'd have taken the playoffs so love the position were in. But, We've got a 12 game season left, we must go into every game with our best 11.

Onwards and upwards, we are still 1 point clear and it's in our hands but there must be an improvement and sharpish.

Well that was disappointing, good to hear AK coming out and admitting he was wrong though. I reckon (and  hope) that he gets his best 11 and sticks with it barring injuries etc.

Think Ken won't be playing much again this season. I don't know what has happened to him but he doesn't seem the player he was last season.

On to Millwall.

I do wonder if the world cup spurred him on last season, certainly a shadow of himself from last season I can't see AK taking him again next season what ever league we're in

Got back half an hour ago and the most worrying thing for me is how spineless they looked, there was no fight, no guts. We're coming up to the most important part of the season, the teams that can dig in and fight will go up, not the one's who's heads go down if they haven't scored in the first 10 mins, and certainly not the one's who just give up.

hopefully omeruo and gibson will get a rest because in ben's case he's had a couple of below par games and in ken's case he's been dire all season.

husband really disappointed me today, i thought he was an attacking fb but the few times he had the chance to try and drive on past their defender he stopped and passed the ball sideways.

clayton looked lost without leadbitter, whitehead and forshaw looked woeful and bamford had his worst game by far in a boro shirt, and he was diving constantly - if an oppo player did that we would be going mad.

also i'm not tomlin's biggest fan but i'm really not liking the way he gets pushed onto the left wing to accommodate forshaw, it's happened a couple of times now and i don't get it. tomlin has at least demonstrated that he is capable of playing the #10 role, what has forshaw done?

Extremely defensive side today . Whitehead doesn't create or score neither does Clayton and I haven't seen much from forshaw at the moment to be honest . Omeruo has been terrible for weeks and husband playing after starting 1 or 2 games all season then gets thrown in ?

Not having a go at AK but after I seen the team I knew today was not going to end well . For me you play your best players ! Tomlin should have started especially with Vossen going to be back Tuesday so if he was going to be dropped / rested do it Tuesday when we have someone who can play in his position to replace him . The other times AK has changed the team so much this season was Blackpool at home ! And we know how that went and Blackpool away when we were extremely lucky so that shows it doesn't work . Play to your strengths !

With hindsight.

as soon as we heard the team, everybody round me at the game starting worrying, the mood changed very quickly from being confident to "we'll be lucky to get a point"