oneBoro Forum

Boro vs Sheffield Wednesday (A) 0-2

also i'm not tomlin's biggest fan but i'm really not liking the way he gets pushed onto the left wing to accommodate forshaw, it's happened a couple of times now and i don't get it. tomlin has at least demonstrated that he is capable of playing the #10 role, what has forshaw done?

Tomlin looks lost out wide and forshaw is getting butterfielded. AK's done it a few times before, mainly as subs, it just doesn't work for me.

I know he had a stinker mood week but I'd really like to see bambam up front for most of the rest of the season.

I said it before the game that playing big ken would be a mistake. He's been off the boil most of the season and struggles against big men who put their body between him and the ball. Need to see the pen again but first viewing I was disappointed.

At the end of the summer window I voiced concern that we don't have winners on the squad, we have a good squad but not many people who have won stuff. The mentality of winning is different which is why I'd like to see Woody more involved

Its another disappointment but we still control our own destiny so while February's been disappointing overall I'm happy-ish

• Replies 476
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

When we signed Forshaw he was supposed to strengthen us in CM but if anything it disrupted things as it has gave Karanka another option to rotate instead of just keeping with the tried and tested formula of Clayton and Leadbitter. We are disjointed enough without the assurance of Ayala in CB so why take out a CM down the spine of the team that has key player for us. It was what I was concerned about before we signed Forshaw when some suggested that we might sign a top quality CM on a permanent deal instead of a lesser quality youngster on loan that would be happy to sit on the bench for the majority of games.

I wasn't there today so can't really comment on what went wrong but I agree with Red Rocket that this season our strikers aren't getting the right kind of service. Our build up play has been very poor in recent weeks and it seems that Karanka doesn't have the faith, probably rightly so, in trusting us to build out from the back as our CB's generally just hoof the ball which had been a common theme this season.

We are very fortunate that other teams are struggling at the moment as otherwise we could have had a big gap to make up. So for us to be in the automatic spots with a dozen games to go is a massive positive to build on. Hopefully this result can act as a well needed kick up the backside that the players need as standards have slipped for one reason or another in recent weeks. Carayol coming back can't have come at a better time as we need a spark of creativity in attack as at least he isn't afraid to ask questions of the opposition. They key though is getting Ayala back in time for them crunch away games against our promotion rivals. Omeruo has been poor this season, he looks unrecognisable from the player he was last season where he was playing for a spot in Nigeria's World Cup squad. I wouldn't want him back next season if he will be just as poor.

What a miserable first away day apart from the atmosphere in the West Stand :( I'll definitely be going to a lot more away games in the future though, hopefully some prem games next season if we pull our fingers out :D

What a miserable first away day apart from the atmosphere in the West Stand :( I'll definitely be going to a lot more away games in the future though, hopefully some prem games next season if we pull our fingers out :D

No you bloody won't!!!   ;)

Hugely disappointing day out to be perfectly honest. Said before the game I didn't like the team and AK got it wrong today - fair play to the man for admitting it though. Move onto Millwall on Tuesday which will be a very important game for us. Get the confidence back in the team, (hopefully) score some goals and play a whole lot better than we did today. The chance Bamford slid over to Kike for a tap in just shows he's had a rough couple of games, expected him to take it on himself and just slot it home.

Also, not sure if it has been mentioned but Jose Semedo (SWFC no.6) blatantly spat at Grant as we were preparing to take a free kick in the corner near to our fans. Disgusting behaviour and it was clear as day - absolutely gobsmacked the ref or linesman didn't pick up on it. Hope the man gets banned.

What a miserable first away day apart from the atmosphere in the West Stand :( I'll definitely be going to a lot more away games in the future though, hopefully s prem games next season if we pull our fingers out :D

No you bloody won't!!!   ;)

Haha :D

If it's any consolation for people, Derby were extremely lucky that it was only 2-0 to Fulham if FLS is to be believed. The best player in the world country league Derby (Will Hughes, apparently...) was absolutely dominated by Scott parker throughout the game by the sounds of it.

If it's any consolation for people, Derby were extremely lucky that it was only 2-0 to Fulham if FLS is to be believed. The best player in the world country league Derby (Will Hughes, apparently...) was absolutely dominated by Scott parker throughout the game by the sounds of it.

Will.....

You do know it's illegal to discredit Will Hughes in any way? I too watched the FLS and am pretty sure Parker fouled him with what only be described as the worst two footed leg breaking challenge in the history of football and I'm sure I saw him use nunchucks at one point (not the half hearted shoulder challenge shown in tv) to his credit Hughes played on with two broken legs, nunchuck wounds (and I'm sure I saw ninjar stars in his back) and was still the best player on the park. Even when the physio put the sponge on Wills shattered leg, the water held in the sponge turned to wine!! #truestory :);):)

Will.....

You do know it's illegal to discredit Will Hughes in any way? I too watched the FLS and am pretty sure Parker fouled him with what only be described as the worst two footed leg breaking challenge in the history of football and I'm sure I saw him use nunchucks at one point (not the half hearted shoulder challenge shown in tv) to his credit Hughes played on with two broken legs, nunchuck wounds (and I'm sure I saw ninjar stars in his back) and was still the best player on the park. Even when the physio put the sponge on Wills shattered leg, the water held in the sponge turned to wine!! #truestory :);):)

:D

Hmm. It would appear that whenever I'm unable to follow a game we do pants. I've missed the leeds and shef games recently :-/

I hereby swear to follow every gsme from now until season's end!

Is it just me that thought Omerous handball was harsh, he had jumped up with the guy and his arm was kept in the air by the player next to him, then again maybe I'm clutching at straws

Is it just me that thought Omerous handball was harsh, he had jumped up with the guy and his arm was kept in the air by the player next to him, then again maybe I'm clutching at straws

I've seen it a couple of times and think it's a harsh one, but then again I didn't have the angle the ref did. Maybe he's just gone on the 'Arms in a unnatural position stance :s