oneBoro Forum

Promotion Rivals Watch

Burnley fan in peace! I saw this thread and of course at this point of the season it is tempting to look at other fans forums to see how it's going.

The thing I wanted to mention about Burnley relying on Andre Grey and that if he is out of the picture then we will struggle.

That isn't the case at all, of course he has scored a lot of goals - but Vokes has got 9 in 13 so the rest of the team has got almost 40 goals.

Also, we have Rouwen Hennings on the bench who is a really talented striker in the Danny Ings mould and a lot of Burnley fans have been calling for him to get more game time at the expense of Andre Grey, his touch and skills are premier league and his hold up play is fantastic.

We also have Ashley Barnes coming back from a season out and he is a real handful and with an eye for goal and would have been a first choice this season - we probably wouldn't have signed Grey had he not been injured.

So if Grey was out I wouldn't think it would make massive differences to our run in - we aren't where we are because of Andre Grey, we are there because the whole team works so hard. You can see that, look at when we score a goal and look at the whole team run up and celebrate - that is an ethos that Sean Dyche has put in from day one. He has only signed players that fit into this "framework" - not stars or talent, but players that can be improved and will listen and respect their manager. When signing a player he looks for players that have the right mental attitude and does a lot of groundwork on that.

We also have the best record for muscle injuries, because the strength conditioning is a massive part of our game - which is why we can keep going for 90+ minutes. If you are fitter than the opposition then you always have a chance.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

That Burnley fan soon got unregistered!

Big games tomorrow. Brighton and Hull both at home, can push us down to 4th prior to the Friday match vs. Hull.

Got to back Reading and Forest to pull off great results. Forest are without a manager but Hull have Livermore and Snodgrass injured to name a couple. Brighton are pretty much full strength.

Redknapp looking like he's joining Derby as director of football, a role he called "a joke" less than two years ago.

I saw somewhere that Hoddle was joining him as manager but haven't seen it anywhere else.

Burnley fan in peace! I saw this thread and of course at this point of the season it is tempting to look at other fans forums to see how it's going.

The thing I wanted to mention about Burnley relying on Andre Grey and that if he is out of the picture then we will struggle.

That isn't the case at all, of course he has scored a lot of goals - but Vokes has got 9 in 13 so the rest of the team has got almost 40 goals.

Also, we have Rouwen Hennings on the bench who is a really talented striker in the Danny Ings mould and a lot of Burnley fans have been calling for him to get more game time at the expense of Andre Grey, his touch and skills are premier league and his hold up play is fantastic.

We also have Ashley Barnes coming back from a season out and he is a real handful and with an eye for goal and would have been a first choice this season - we probably wouldn't have signed Grey had he not been injured.

So if Grey was out I wouldn't think it would make massive differences to our run in - we aren't where we are because of Andre Grey, we are there because the whole team works so hard. You can see that, look at when we score a goal and look at the whole team run up and celebrate - that is an ethos that Sean Dyche has put in from day one. He has only signed players that fit into this "framework" - not stars or talent, but players that can be improved and will listen and respect their manager. When signing a player he looks for players that have the right mental attitude and does a lot of groundwork on that.

We also have the best record for muscle injuries, because the strength conditioning is a massive part of our game - which is why we can keep going for 90+ minutes. If you are fitter than the opposition then you always have a chance.

Cheers kev

That Burnley fan soon got unregistered!

I think the fact he couldn't spell one of his own players names that only has 4 letters in 'Gray' (not Grey) suggests they probably weren't a Burnley fan.

Didn't see any of their other posts.