• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

this got me so excited, I've posted for the first time in months.

could be the final piece of the jigsaw UTB

we do need a fourth striker!

And the forum has been a worse place without you EP :)

Welcome back!

especially as some here recently have asked whether we should have had a Danny Graham type player

A player who is ***? :D

Indeed but you know exactly what I mean :P  

Wow this has come out of the blue and great news just what we need, a proven goal scorer at this level, and somebody I really rate. If it happens then I think we can say goodbye to Vossen who, whilst a good footballer has not exactly set the league alight :)

Well this came out of nowhere and its nice to see the club giving it one final push. I'm surprised it's Rhodes though and really don't see him fitting into our team. I've always thought he was at his best along side a battering ram. But hey I'm not paid to make these decision and 12m is a snip if he gets us over the line

Total credit to Gibson on this. 

He backed Karanka at the start of the season then when we were in contention in Jan he backed him again bringing in Forshaw and as it's coming to the crunch time he's doing his level best to bring in a proven scorer at this level to push us over the line.

I've said it before and will say it again, we have by far the best chairman around.

Thank you Gibbo!

• Like 1

I was previously of the opinion that our current strikers could do a job for us and had gotten us up to the top of the league but with some of the missed chances we have seen lately, a proven championship striker could well be the difference between automatic promotion and the play offs.

Now for me this also doesn't mean the end of any of our current strikers either. Bamford is obviously a loanee and will go back at the end of the season anyway leaving us with Kike and Vossen. Both are in their first season in English football and I think both can and will improve.

I've been impressed with Vossen and feel that he is worth it and will most likely do better in the premier league anyway. I think Kike is the same and while a lot of it hasn't been going his way, I think there's a good player in there who can improve.

However, right now we are into the business end of the season and can't wait for these guys to hit top form anymore. Rhodes is an out and out Championship finisher and you'd have to expect that had a player of his ilk been in our team, creating 20 chances per match, then we'd most likely have scored more and won more points.

If this comes off it will be an interesting addition to an already strong squad.

*** I hope this comes off, I'm so excited. I read Derby were in for him the other day and said I'd be gutted if he is available and we didn't at least try.

Whoever he goes to he'll get them over the line, his all round play isn't great but he's a big lad who can lead a line and consistently scores goals, ideal to finish us off.

Wow this has come out of the blue and great news just what we need, a proven goal scorer at this level, and somebody I really rate. If it happens then I think we can say goodbye to Vossen who, whilst a good footballer has not exactly set the league alight  :)

Have to disagree. I think there is room for both and as we would have signed both under the same pretences (if we go up) then I can see us spending out for both. Is it an extra £4m for Vossen to be permanent? Then thats approx £16m (not as a lump sum if installments/bonuses are factored in) on 2 very very good players. Thats chicken feed when it comes to premiership income.

Especially when Bamford wont be here next season (although I can see us going in for him again on loan if we go up)

[video=youtube]

Someone is going to look very silly here , as I just went on to the sky sports app just to see if they had reported anything about it . Which they haven't but there was a Rhodes story from yesterday with rovers dismissing rumours that Rhodes is going out on loan . But then today all this . That won't go down well with there fans if he now does leave .