• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

I had a dream we signed Rickie Lambert til the end of the season.

I was a bit sad when I realised it wasn't real. :(

Not completely out of the realm - Liverpool aren't in Europe anymore and Balotelli, Sterling and Sturridge are all fit.

And what a boost it would be.

Despite the last couple of weeks I do feel we are strong enough as it is. Although a Kevin Phillips type of signing may add a few to the for column. Bamford Vossen and Kike are all due goals. I think we need 20 between them between now and the end of the season which for me is a reasonable target. We still have Carayol to come back as well who will add to our attacking options.

Oh for an Uwe Fuchs.........

Only a fool would turn down any viable opportunity to strengthen a team in any area. Especially when that team is looking jaded. When it provides the manager with more effective options. When it provides fresh impetus to the team.

I had a dream we signed Rickie Lambert til the end of the season.

I was a bit sad when I realised it wasn't real. :(

Not completely out of the realm - Liverpool aren't in Europe anymore and Balotelli, Sterling and Sturridge are all fit.

And what a boost it would be.

It sounded like all was agreed about a move to Villa but they ran out of time in January. Perhaps he may be available for a loan.

Lambert came out and said afterwords that Liverpool received an offer from villa for him late On deadline day and Rodgers came to him and said he only thought it was right that to let him know. Going on to say that basically he wouldn't stand in his way as he wasn't getting much game time but he would like him to stay. Leaving the ball in Lamberts court. Lambert said he basically had 2 hours to decide whether if he should uproot his family and relocate or not. He said that it was impossible to make that decision in two hours, so he declined. Which is a fair point and something I think a lot of us forget about deadline day deals. Imagine getting home about tea time and going 'oh by the way we are moving to a new city tomorrow'

Despite the last couple of weeks I do feel we are strong enough as it is. Although a Kevin Phillips type of signing may add a few to the for column. Bamford Vossen and Kike are all due goals. I think we need 20 between them between now and the end of the season which for me is a reasonable target. We still have Carayol to come back as well who will add to our attacking options.

20 between them? 20! There is no way that is going to happen unless something unnatural happens. 10 is more realistic and that means our wingers and midfielders will have to contribute massively. If only we had gotten Darren Bent.

Theres 3 of them ;)

Can't see it,just lazy journalists.

The only paper that has known about our recent signings is the Gazette... That`s the only paper to trust.

It could be possible that Blackburn are making noises and trying to get him loaned out with a view to a permanent deal.