oneBoro Forum

Loan Players aka "Humpty dumpty sat on a story..."

i read somewhere he's supposed to be on £40k a week, so i presume IF this is true then we'd be paying a hefty chunk of those, if not all, plus a loan fee. it would seem a massive gamble, but when has gibbo ever turned down the chance to try and push us to the next lesson. could be an inspired signing, uwe mk II

• Replies 858
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

What a massive statement of intent from the Boro if this pans out and clearly indicates that promotion is the goal THIS SEASON for all concerned.

This would be a real injection to every fans morale due to the lack of goals recently

I wonder if this has been something that has been going on in the background for a while, or is a reaction to our recent struggles in front of goal?

Reading the Gazette its sounds like a done deal.

The gazette doesn't tend to put anything on their website or into the paper unless its a done deal.

It does appear that way NB due to what they are stating and I am sure that Boro would not be allowing this to be "out there" if this is not the case.

One thing though does this mean the end of Vossen come seasons end?

Certainly it's not only the fans that has seen we are struggling up front. Karanka can't be happy with our main strikers output (Kike and Vossen). We need something else up there and Rhodes is a proven finisher at this level. Could be an astute signing and if we don't go up we are not stuck with an expensive signing. It's a low risk deal and could help us bag 100 million with a few goals.

I wonder if this has been something that has been going on in the background for a while, or is a reaction to our recent struggles in front of goal?

I would guess the the latter... We just haven't been ruthless enough and that could cost us a top 2 finish... I'm not sure about Rhodes all-round game but he is a proven championship goalscorer who probably wont need time to settle in... A bit like how Bent hit the ground running with Derby.

Reading the Gazette its sounds like a done deal.

The gazette doesn't tend to put anything on their website or into the paper unless its a done deal.

That`s what I mean.. They don't tend to print it in such a way if its not a done deal...

Its exciting :)