oneBoro Forum

Loan Players aka "Humpty dumpty sat on a story..."

Hate to be a party pooper but this sounds pretty resolute to me:

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/31821378

What managers say and what actually happens is two different things..

Rhodes hasn't been starting all there games, They probably need to sell.. What a perfect opportunity to loan him out with a view to a permanent deal.... While hes on loan it takes wages of there books and they might have a sale with out trying to flog him in the summer.

• Replies 858
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

This report is from yesterday when linked to Norwich or Derby! i can't see it happening though. Is a player on a reported 40K coming in for the last 10 games going to upset the dressing room harmony perhaps??

Coud also be smoke and mirrors fed to the press with a "look how ambitious we are" but nothing we can do if Blackburn wont play along. Guess we'll find out soon enough, and for the record i hope i am way off and he scores a hatrick at Bournemouth.

What managers say and what actually happens is two different things..

Rhodes hasn't been starting all there games, They probably need to sell.. What a perfect opportunity to loan him out with a view to a permanent deal.... While hes on loan it takes wages of there books and they might have a sale with out trying to flog him in the summer.

It's a win/win for all parties and if we fail to get promoted it's all status quo. Blackburn aren't going anywhere this season so might as well try and get a good deal now from someone who really needs a striker asap.

Does anyone who how Rhodes usually plays? Is he a one man up front Player? Or would it mean partnering him up top with someone?

Very exciting if true and once again Mr Gibson showing why he is the King Of Teesside

I agree with what others have said - that the Gazette haven't really reported anything this season, unless it's come out of the blue as a pretty much done deal (Damia, Kike, Forshaw), or it's appeared in a paper and there is actually truth in it (Clayton, Bamford).

It seems the days of reporting on any far-fetched link with all names under the sun have gone, which is why they didn't really get involved in any reports of Powell, Merida etc when people were linking us with them.

Does anyone who how Rhodes usually plays? Is he a one man up front Player? Or would it mean partnering him up top with someone?

Very exciting if true and once again Mr Gibson showing why he is the King Of Teesside

He's supposedly a similar player to Bamford

Strachan says he can't play up top on his own.

When I've seen him play he's been at his best next to a big man getting on the end of flicks.

While getting a new striker is a great sign it doesn't get to the main issue that our service to strikers is poor and that a lot of our 'chances' are from the wrong position.

Think I'd rather see a left winger come in.

If it goes through well done to the club on not only getting him bit stopping Derby or Norwich signing him which is like a double win.

Only question is will he be our new Use Fuchs or Tina Asprilla.

Welcome to the strikers grave yard.

I believe he is the scoring kind of striker ;)

In all seriousness though what a statement of intent from the boro. With Muzzy not far away and if we can get Rhodes then they are 2 huge boosts to the team. We obviously have to go for autos but getting Rhodes would also be a great addition for a play off run.