oneBoro Forum

Boro V Millwall (H) 3-0

Boro V Millwall  

31 members have voted

1. 1. Boro V Millwall

• Boro Win
    • Draw
    • Millwall Win

Not gonna be a knocker of players really not the time. But I do think the blame rests at the feet of AK.

Probably take a bit of flak over this but I have broad shoulders swgaf. :D

Yes he's a god to some and a Arch Angel to others but he is also a very young manager and this is him feeling his way into management. Whilst he is doing this he is making the silly mistake that mainly all foreign managers do the perfect example is A.Wenger forever changing the teams.

We had the winning formula and yes when injury's come along things have to be changed but to change a team with like 5/6 players and sitting the likes of Friend/Bambi/Leadbitter and Tomlin on the bench is gonna cause a slump in form they are all match winners and at present we are desperately looking for that winning formula again and we will need those match winners playing in each game together not sitting on their ass's.

I am expecting AK to see sense and revert back to getting Boro back on track, lets call it a learning curve.

Against The Lions we are gonna need direct football and lets hope we are not going out there to play pretty.

3 at the back would suit me with Woody, 2 wingbacks oh how they were missed Saturday then leave the rest to Leadbitter/Clayton/Nsue/Tomlin in midfield whilst Bambi and Kiki hit the back of that net.

And definitely do not change that goalkeeper Dimi is the best.

2-0 Boro

• Replies 403
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Let's hope we bounce back and get ourselves out of this slump.

I'm leaving the country for 3 weeks holiday, today and I don't think that I could have picked a better time, especially with the way the cricket is going!

I hope to see James P at the helm of the match day thread on my return from Brazil.

UTB

What an uplifting opening post lol :)

Downsouth - This is a must win game mate, absolutely a must win game.  Look at the rest of our fixtures, this one has to result in three points.  No excuses.  If we can't beat this lot at home then we can all calm down about automatic promotion because it won't be happening and we'll just have to wait and see if we'll have enough to finish in the playoffs in my opinion. 

Agreed CT. We aren't guaranteed even a play off stop at this point never mind top 2. Need to get back to our best and soon

Absolutely.  Brentford in seventh place are only five points adrift of us now albeit with an vastly inferior goal difference.  If we don't beat Millwall then it's one win in five, if the worst happens and we somehow find a way to lose it then it's three defeats in five as well.  We have a tough sequence of fixtures coming up and I'd have liked us to have a few more points than we do now as we move into it.  Not beating Millwall would be disastrous in my opinion and I really mean that.  I think psychologically it would do some harm for one thing and it would ramp up the pressure on us.  Whatever belief/confidence there exists within the club right now would be reduced you'd have to assume.  Not ideal at this stage of the season. This for me is an absolute must win game, more than any other this season so far, this one has to be three points.

^^^^^^^^

I see that you're determined to become the harpenger of doom...

What's wrong with pointing out that we aren't guarenteed either a top 2 or a playoff spot? Do you disagree? If you do then why not have a discussion about it rather than posting ***ty little digs like that?

Your incessant need for unrelenting positivity across the forum is getting really old now and it's just ***ing boring.

If all fit:

Dimi

Fredricks

Ayala ( Kalas if not)

Gibson

Friend

Clayton

Leadbitter

Bamford

Tomlin

Adomah

Vossen

And that team or as near as possible in every game onwards.

If all fit:

Dimi

Fredricks

Ayala ( Kalas if not)

Gibson

Clayton

Leadbitter

Bamford

Tomlin

Vossen

And that team or as near as possible in every game onwards.

Is that supposed to be the full team? If it is you're 2 players short mate :D

Agreed CT. We aren't guaranteed even a play off stop at this point never mind top 2. Need to get back to our best and soon

Absolutely.  Brentford in seventh place are only five points adrift of us now albeit with an vastly inferior goal difference.  If we don't beat Millwall then it's one win in five, if the worst happens and we somehow find a way to lose it then it's three defeats in five as well.  We have a tough sequence of fixtures coming up and I'd have liked us to have a few more points than we do now as we move into it.  Not beating Millwall would be disastrous in my opinion and I really mean that.  I think psychologically it would do some harm for one thing and it would ramp up the pressure on us.  Whatever belief/confidence there exists within the club right now would be reduced you'd have to assume.  Not ideal at this stage of the season. This for me is an absolute must win game, more than any other this season so far, this one has to be three points.

Agreed. I always had an inkling that Wednesday would cause us problems, and so was braced for a draw or even defeat. But what I hadn't prepared for is the kind of performance that really let down the fans that travelled, for Kike to blow his chances, Bamford to underperform to such a degree, Forshaw/Husband/Omeruo to waste opportunities, and for AK to get it so wrong.

However, it must be said that such showings are the exceptions to the rule, certainly this season. I think we'll see Fredericks, Nsue and Wildschut in from the start, hopefully Jelle too. They will have a rocket up their backsides, and hopefully Woody and Grant both on the pitch to make sure no-one messes around.

I'm travelling further for this one than those who went to Sheffield from Boro did, so I'll be personally let down if we fail to win.  :sleepy:

If we're to have any chance of keeping in the automatic spots we will need to up our performances as there's no way we will be able to play how we have been in recent weeks and go up automatically. We've lost a bit from both ends of the pitch even before we started dropping so many points. Ayala's absence seems to have really damaged our solidity as the defensive problems have crept in since his injury. Carayol's return should help a bit more cutting edge to our attacks as neither of Reach, Adomah or Wildschut have really nailed down the LW spot this season. I can't see him starting though after being out for so long. As always I'd take a scrappy 1-0 win on Tuesday.

IMO a win alone isn't good enough... It needs to be a dominant performance with a ruthless streak... We need to find that goal scoring touch at some point to kick start our strikers and there is no better opportunity to do that than at home against Millwall... If we only just do enough to win the signs aren't looking good for a top 2 spot and I will assume its playoffs at best.

What an uplifting opening post lol :)

Downsouth - This is a must win game mate, absolutely a must win game.  Look at the rest of our fixtures, this one has to result in three points.  No excuses.  If we can't beat this lot at home then we can all calm down about automatic promotion because it won't be happening and we'll just have to wait and see if we'll have enough to finish in the playoffs in my opinion. 

CT I totally agree with you that it really is a must win game but trying to play devils advocate to a degree and bracing myself that it is very possible that the trough has not yet been reached and therefore by not losing we still could have things in our own hands.

The frightening speed of catch up by others is there for all to see and to be honest the players have done a disservice to themselves recently.

I am not the Manager so can not really comment on team selections but hey we all know things could have been much much better :huh:

Agreed. I always had an inkling that Wednesday would cause us problems, and so was braced for a draw or even defeat. But what I hadn't prepared for is the kind of performance that really let down the fans that travelled, for Kike to blow his chances, Bamford to underperform to such a degree, Forshaw/Husband/Omeruo to waste opportunities, and for AK to get it so wrong.

However, it must be said that such showings are the exceptions to the rule, certainly this season. I think we'll see Fredericks, Nsue and Wildschut in from the start, hopefully Jelle too. They will have a rocket up their backsides, and hopefully Woody and Grant both on the pitch to make sure no-one messes around.

I'm travelling further for this one than those who went to Sheffield from Boro did, so I'll be personally let down if we fail to win.  :sleepy:

I actually had the game as a goalless draw and fair play to RAF Smog he predicted a Wednesday win and it was coming and the writing is on the wall that Millwall will cause an upset unless there is a completely different attitude and style played.

We can not play the patient game and must get an early goal and not let off the tempo as we did against Charlton first half