oneBoro Forum

Boro V Millwall (H) 3-0

Boro V Millwall  

31 members have voted

1. 1. Boro V Millwall

• Boro Win
    • Draw
    • Millwall Win

HAVE to win this game, no other way about it. Hopefully we see 4 at the back (hate it when we play 3 at the back, hopefully the one positive out of the weekend is that we'll never see that formation again!)

Would agree that Gibson needs a rest for a game. Would also give Clayton a rest as well, just to keep him fresh for the Forest game.

-------------------Dimi--------------------

--Fredericks--Woody--Kalas--Friend--

---------Leadbitter--Forshaw-----------

---Nsue-------Tomlin------Wildschut---

----------------Vossen--------------------

Subs: Ripley/Mejias, Reach, Gibson, Clayton, Whitehead, Bamford, Kike

Carayol will hopefully get some game time.

• Replies 403
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Personally think Bamford and Vossen work together well and think the game needs 2 strikers on the pitch at all times due to the importance of scoring goals, Millwall will be terrified of Vossen and will target him so hopefully allowing Bamford more freedom

I don't get the clamour to play Wildschut from the start. We know little about the lad apart from he has pace to burn. Surely if he was ready for the first team AK would have been playing him more. This time of the season is not the time to be throwing him into games with so much to play for.

My line-up: Dimi; Kalas, Woodgate, Gibson, Friend; Clayton, Leadbitter; Adomah, Vossen, Wildschut; Bamford

Predicted: Mejias; Nsue, Omeruo, Gibson, Friend; Whitehead, Leadbitter; Adomah, Tomlin, Reach; Connor Ripley (I never know what AK is gonna do lately)

Friend, Ayala (when fit), Leadbitter and Tomlin MUST play in every single game from now until the end of the season. As other have said we have to play our CORE players whenever they're fit and available... Do you ever see Mourinho 'resting' Terry and Hazard? So my team for Tuesday is pretty similar to those that have already been posted above:

Dimi, Fredericks, Kalas, Woody (if Ayala is still not fit), Friend, Clayton, Leadbitter, Tomlin, Bamford, Adomah, Vossen

Subs: Mejias, Gibson, Whitehead, Forshaw, Muzzy, Kike and Nsue

I don't get the clamour to play Wildschut from the start. We know little about the lad apart from he has pace to burn. Surely if he was ready for the first team AK would have been playing him more. This time of the season is not the time to be throwing him into games with so much to play for.

Reach is injured and we have no other left wingers apart from Carayol who has just returned from a year out. He also had a good run out against sheff wed yesterday.

Reach is injured and we have no other left wingers apart from Carayol who has just returned from a year out. He also had a good run out against sheff wed yesterday.

What's wrong with Reach?. I didn't know he was injured..

I would start with Wildschut regardless.

But a lot of our results have came with Adomah playing on the left. It's obvious AK doesn't fancy Wildschutt yet. Thats not to say there isn't good player there but i just don't like the idea of us pinning our hopes on an unproven player whos had very little game time.

But a lot of our results have came with Adomah playing on the left. It's obvious AK doesn't fancy Wildschutt yet. Thats not to say there isn't good player there but i just don't like the idea of us pinning our hopes on an unproven player whos had very little game time.

If Carayol gets up to speed we have one hell of a player to help us though...

Personally think Bamford and Vossen work together well and think the game needs 2 strikers on the pitch at all times due to the importance of scoring goals, Millwall will be terrified of Vossen and will target him so hopefully allowing Bamford more freedom

Wouldn't disagree there DS . I like Kike a lot but he seems bereft of confidence at the moment so has to be left out. 

We need a good win because confidence will flood back into the side. We also need for the fans to be patient and not get on the lads' backs from the start. I think we'll do okay. Vossen will be back in the side and will probably start up front.

I'd prefer Bamford on the right, Tomlin just behind and Adomah on the left. It worked brilliant for us in Jan we were were racking up those results. Back to basics, keep the ball and keep it on the floor. I believe in the lads and manager.

We need a good win because confidence will flood back into the side. We also need for the fans to be patient and not get on the lads' backs from the start. I think we'll do okay. Vossen will be back in the side and will probably start up front.

I'd prefer Bamford on the right, Tomlin just behind and Adomah on the left. It worked brilliant for us in Jan we were were racking up those results. Back to basics, keep the ball and keep it on the floor. I believe in the lads and manager.

Completely agree with everything in the second paragraph... I would echo your team selection and principles 100%.

I do think though that whilst fans need to be patient, it's been the same story from Boro first half for a long time. We played ok against Leeds first half (trailing at HT 0-1), but overall performances first half have been sluggish and lacked desire. Regardless of goals scored first half I fully expect to see a Boro side attacking and playing in a first half way that was natural to them when we last played Millwall.

To be fair our home and away support this season has been fantastic, regardless of how many have attended. I just thought the crowd contributed to the players' nerves a little on Tues against Bolton but completely agree with you Pyro. I'd like to see us start well and keep that pressure on.

I'm not pinning any hopes on Wildschut at all but people put in here the teams they'd like to see and he would be in mine. It's one game against a poor side which we should win. No harm in giving him a go. The reason I chose the team I did was that IMO clayton has looked a little leggy recently, Adomah has had success and played well on the right so I left him there. I've stated my reasons for playing Wildschut left. I also want to see vossen start upfront as I think he's our best option there and his work rate against poor defenders who aren't good on the ball should/might pay off.

I'm not against starting Adomah left and Bamford right if that's what we start with. Only people I wouldn't leave out from now till end of the season are leadbitter and friend

Crack at Sheffield was that reach was injured. Nothing mentioned of how or why though

This is what i've been saying. Also playing like this doesn't mean it's ridgid postions just check the build up for the pen against Brentford, Bamford drifts over to the right the ball comes over the top and the defender had no idea Bamford is in behind. It causes confusion for defenders.