oneBoro Forum

Boro V Millwall (H) 3-0

Boro V Millwall  

31 members have voted

1. 1. Boro V Millwall

• Boro Win
    • Draw
    • Millwall Win

Wildschut was signed by AK so it seems strange he has played so little. It's not like our wingers have been lighting the league on fire this season either

As I've mentioned before, I don't believe he was signed by AK.  I think the scouting team spotted him at some point, watched him etc, then said we can get this guy do you want him and as any manager would he said yes.  Vossen won't have been a Karanka signing either as we'd tried to sign him before he ever became manager here.

Yanic has been watch by the club for 2 seasons before Karanka came in. He's one of the 'moneyball' signings.

• Replies 403
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

I think we could afford the slip against Wednesday. I also don't think we're in the midst of a major crisis. It's a blip, that's all. And we still sit in second. Beat Millwall and we've taken an underwhelming 7 points from 5 games. But it's not a complete disaster.

Our best team, in my opinion;

---------------- Dimi ----------------

- Freddy - Ayala - Gibson - Friend -

-------- Leadbitter - Clayton --------

--- Adomah - Tomlin - Carayol ---

-------------- Bamford --------------

But given injuries and form (particularly Omeruo and Kalas), I'd opt for;

------------------ Dimi -----------------

Freddy - Woodgate - Gibson - Friend

--------- Leadbitter - Clayton ---------

----- Bamford - Tomlin - Adomah -----

------------------ Kike ------------------

If we fail to win this one I think our confidence will be seriously dented. Win it and it's business as normal.

Boro 5-0 Millwall

Bournemouth 2-1 Wolves

Brentford 2-0 Huddersfield

Brighton 1-1 Derby

Watford 3-1 Fulham

Leeds 1-1 Ipswich

Norwich 3-0 Wigan

Derby - 67 & +31

Boro - 67 & +31

Norwich - 65 & +32

Watford - 65 & +29

Bournemouth - 63 & +31

Ipswich - 61 & +18

----------------------------

Brentford - 61 & +11

Wolves - 57 & +6

Would leave us in a healthy position, very competitive between 4, and start to cut adrift 3 or 4 others.

Wildschut was signed by AK so it seems strange he has played so little. It's not like our wingers have been lighting the league on fire this season either

As I've mentioned before, I don't believe he was signed by AK.  I think the scouting team spotted him at some point, watched him etc, then said we can get this guy do you want him and as any manager would he said yes.  Vossen won't have been a Karanka signing either as we'd tried to sign him before he ever became manager here.

Yanic has been watch by the club for 2 seasons before Karanka came in. He's one of the 'moneyball' signings.

Yeah that was essentially what I was thinking although I didn't know the length of time he'd been watched.

I would start with:

Dimi

Nsue

Kalas

Gibson

Friend

Leadbitter

Forshaw

Adomah

Tomlin

Wildschut

Bamford

Thats the team I would start with against Milwall and,if nobody is ready to return, same against Forest bar Clayton. If Ayala is back for Forest then its a hard choice as Kalas has look better than Gibson for a few games. Hopefully a clean sheet against Wall will settle him down. Give Clatyon a little rest but bring him back in against Forest. Wildschutt on left but Carayol then Reach would be my preference. Adomah can do a job there and Nsue could too, but with Nsue and Adomah together down the right we looked strong. I like Fredericks but just think Nsue has a better relationship down that flank.

Few people have hit the nail on the head that we need to try and play our strongest side consistently every match. No more system changes or square pegs round holes. We dont even have to win every game but we do need more points than those around us unless we want to try the play offs. Picking up 3 points against Milwall will be a good step in the right direction but this season will be settled against teams like Derby Ipswich et al. Not losing those games will be a minimum. Win and I might cream...

I think we could afford the slip against Wednesday. I also don't think we're in the midst of a major crisis. It's a blip, that's all. And we still sit in second. Beat Millwall and we've taken an underwhelming 7 points from 5 games. But it's not a complete disaster.

If we fail to win this one I think our confidence will be seriously dented. Win it and it's business as normal.

Boro 5-0 Millwall

Bournemouth 2-1 Wolves

Brighton 1-1 Derby

Watford 3-1 Fulham

Leeds 1-1 Ipswich

Norwich 3-0 Wigan

Derby - 67 & +31

Boro - 67 & +31

Norwich - 65 & +32

Watford - 65 & +29

Bournemouth - 63 & +31

Ipswich - 61 & +18

Brentford - 61 & +11

Wolves - 57 & +6

Would leave us in a healthy position, very competitive between 4, and start to cut adrift 3 or 4 others.

We won't score 5 past Millwall.

Boro 5-0 Millwall

Bournemouth 2-1 Wolves

Brighton 1-1 Derby

Watford 3-1 Fulham

Leeds 1-1 Ipswich

Norwich 3-0 Wigan

Derby - 67 & +31

Boro - 67 & +31

Norwich - 65 & +32

Watford - 65 & +29

Bournemouth - 63 & +31

Ipswich - 61 & +18

Brentford - 61 & +11

Wolves - 57 & +6

+1 I like your positivity. Stand out post on this thread.

I don't understand the clamour to play Wildschut tomorrow as he has looked awful technically, plus he has struggled out of possession. The biggest criticism of our home performances in recent games has been the lack of clinical edge from those who the chances fall to so I don't think we have to make drastic changes to the team as some seem desperate to do. We need to get back to what we were good at earlier in the season. Reach isn't the most creative of LW's but he's efficient in possession, rarely unnecessarily losing the ball like a lot of wingers do, which is underrated. People want him to take on players and get quality crosses and shots off but don't realise that he just isn't that good to yet to do it. If he was to try it, it will become apparent why he doesn't do it often.

I would like us to start with(4-2-3-1):

Dimi; Fredericks, Kalas, Gibson, Friend; Clayton, Leadbitter; Bamford, Tomlin, Reach; Vossen

I would like us to start with(4-2-3-1:

Dimi; Fredericks, Kalas, Gibson, Friend; Clayton, Leadbitter; Bamford, Tomlin, Reach; Vossen

Swap Reach for Double A and I think you'll have tomorrow's starting line up.

Think it'll be 2 - 0 to us with a late 2nd goal. Result more important than performance against a poor team

A foreign fox sports channel has picked up the derby match on tuesday 17th march so there should at least be a stream if no one can find a pub with the right satelite package. From ipswich to the Norwich match thats 5 televised matches out of 7. Just so im not derailing the thread i will give my view on the millwall match, i think we will win and holloway will be sacked UTB!

We really need to win this one and get some confidence back into the team. 

My main concern at the moment is that Karanka is still a young and inexperienced manager in these situations.  It's very easy at this stage of the season, with everything on the line and the pressure mounting, to start to doubt your instincts and try to change things too much.

For the first half of the season we had a solid system, scored goals, picked up points, etc.  If we lost or drew a couple of games, it's OK because there were a lot of points still to play for, so we kept with the system and it paid off.

As we head into the run-in, every point dropped adds so much more pressure, and there are a lot of managers who start to panic and switch things around every game.  This of course brings more bad results, meaning more changes, and so on.

As so many others have said already, we need to go back to our best 11 players in our best system.  It worked before and it will work again, but it's going to take some courage from Karanka to do it.  It it works then we get promoted and everyone's happy.  But if we don't go up then everyone will be on his back saying that he should have changed it up, the opposition knew how to play against us, etc., etc.

We just need to have faith that our squad is easily one of the best in this league, and if Karanka can motivate them and give them the confidence that they can do this, then the Premier League is within their grasp.

4-0 to the Boro, bring it on!

Just noticed Millwall have a giant up front ( Stefan Maierhofer) like Sheff Wed did... I said before the Sheff Wed game Woodgate should play because no one reads play better than him and I think he would deal with giants better than any of our other defenders....... But to be honest Millwall shouldn't even have enough possession to pose a threat.

I'm really nervous about this one but now more than ever, this is the MIGOFTSSF.

As long as it's three points I don't care about result. I'd prefer two goal cushion for comfort.

Team:

Dimi

Freddy Kalas Woodgate Friend

Clayton Leadbitter

Adomah Tomlin Bamford

Vossen

But please, please remember the last time we played Millwall at home. Holloway CAN motiviate his players and get them to be world beaters. Don't take this for granted.

Karanka has had his feeling before, pushing for playoffs and then getting undone by Millwall then Reading. Come on Boro.