19 members have voted

1. 1. Boro V Nottingham Forest

Nottingham Forest V Middlesbrough

City Ground

07/03/15

15:00

B_Nb7w5XEAAUJs-.jpg

Crisis over? :D 

We must be the only club that can have a crisis whilst second in the league!! After a huge improvement in the last game we go into the final 11 games sitting top of the league. We are up against a Forest team that who were crowned league champions in August, tough away game but it looks like the new manager buzz is starting to fade for Forest

The Opposition

After an awful run of form which saw Stuart Pearce sacked, Dougie Freeman has had a great start loosing just once giving them a slim opportunity of a late play off push. They lost away to Charlton on Saturday however. Will be a much better Forest team than we played on Boxing day.

(D-W-W-W-L)

http://www.forestforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=43198

Promotion rivals

Fulham V Bournemouth (Friday)

Derby V Birmingham

Ipswich V Brentford               

Millwall V Norwich 

Wolves V Watford 

Untitled826a0.png

Tough game for Watford, they are starting to look the biggest threat, good opportunity for Derby to get three points. Despite having their own mini crisis, Bournemouth could be top of the league before we play again. 

What a goal!!

Assume everyone has seen it now but there is no harm showing it again. Goal of the season surely

[video=youtube]

Talking points

What team do we play? Personally I would like to see the same team as Tuesday. Vossen will be pushing for as start after his goal against Millwall. Would be very harsh to drop anyone after the performance on Tuesday. Carayol will probably be on the bench, he played 70 minutes for the reserves on Monday so surely he is somewhere near fitness.

---------------------Dimi----------------

Fredricks---Gibson---Kalas---Friend

--------Leadbitter----Clayton---------

Bamford--------Tomlin-------Adomah

--------------------Kike-------------------

Away from home I could possibly see Kalas RB with Omerou replacing him at CB. Tomlin was the weakest player on Tuesday I thought, wouldn't be surprised to see him replaced too. Just hope we never go three at the back again or make too many changes for each game. 

- Do we keep the same team?

- Will we be promoted?

- Score predictions etc

- Still making my bold claim that Kike will get 10 before the end of the season (9 to go!!!!)

• Replies 641
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Very difficult to predict this one. Forest will be trying desperately to scramble back into a play off position, although I think they've left it to late this season and they have a really tough run in. They will take some points off the promotion contenders.

It's up to us though and if the real deal turn up I can't see us being defeated, so I'm going for a draw or a win with the odd goal in three.

Great match thread!!

I also wouldnt mind seeing the same side as Tuesday, I think consistancy in the team sheet will make a huge difference in these last 11 games.

Im hoping for another comfortable win but i think this will be a much tougher game.  I will be happy for a win in any shape or form though.

Same team for me and I think we'll see it. Omeruo wont be near the team for a while and AK has said as much and I dont see Ayala coming in yet. Only change I can see is Vossen for Tomlin but that would harsh on Tommo and I think this will be a good game for him.

Dimi

Fredericks Kalas Gibson Friend

Clayton Leadbitter

Bamford Tomlin Adomah

Kike

Think we'll get 2 so its just a case of whether we can keep a clean sheet. Also I reckon Muzzy will get his run out.

2-0 Kike & Tomlin.

Yeah I would go with the same team, possibly Vossen in for Kike.

It's going to be another tough game against one of the form teams in the league and like others have said there will be a diffrent team than the team we played on boxing day.

How many times this season have we came across form teams in this league? Sheff wed (h), wolves (a), charlton (a), watford (h) Bournemouth (h), Derby (h) Ipswich (a) Brentford (a) Reading (a) Leeds (h) And i've probably missed a few out. This league is mad.

Same team as tuesday for me, think AK has stopped tinkering too much. Think big ken has had his chips for 3 or 4 games. Forest were awful on boxing day, this will be much tougher

2-1 for me, claytons beard and a deflection of gorgeous georges lucious locks for all I care, just WIN!!

No changes at all. Team selection Consistency is key now. Ayala & Vossen the only ones to also stake a claim going forward. Tough game as always against Forest cannot afford anything less than a point but hoping mid weeks results will give us a timely boost for the run in. Sneek a 2-1 win

Same team as tuesday for me, think AK has stopped tinkering too much. Think big ken has had his chips for 3 or 4 games. Forest were awful on boxing day, this will be much tougher

2-1 for me, claytons beard and a deflection of gorgeous georges lucious locks for all I care, just WIN!!

Steady on, don't want to ruffle George's locks!

Don't think we will be seeing any changes to the starting lineup and certainly not Omeruo after AK just said that he needs to get back to his best to break back into the team. The team has a full weeks rest before the next game so I see no reason for changes. There could be a cause for Vossen to replace Tomlin but I can't see AK doing that. Tomlin played a big part in our excellent opener against Millwall and offers us something different and unpredictable in our build up.

Also I can't see Fredericks being replaced. He has played a key part in our build up play and if I'm not mistaken Forest main danger man Antonio plays on the left so we need someone with speed to follow him and not allow him any space.

Agree with most others that we need to make minimum changes and play our best team between now and the end of the season. AK has used the squad well to keep everyone fresh and fit however consistency and points are now the most important. The next month will decide if we go up automatically or have to play in the lottery of the play offs.

Agree with most others that we need to make minimum changes and play our best team between now and the end of the season. AK has used the squad well to keep everyone fresh and fit however consistency and points are now the most important. The next month will decide if we go up automatically or have to play in the lottery of the play offs.

Well firstly welcome to the forum and at least you have your first post out of the way :)