oneBoro Forum

Boro V Nottingham Forest (A) 1-2

Boro V Nottingham Forest  

19 members have voted

1. 1. Boro V Nottingham Forest

Hello all - I hope nobody has a problem me posting this here.

A piece on how Forest have set up so far under Dougie Freedman.

http://taktiek.uk/dougie-freedmans-4-3-3/

I do expect some changes though - against more possession oriented teams like yourselves, we are often happy to give away possession, sit deep and counter attack. We did this in our recent win against Bournemouth at home. In our last two games since this was written, both full-back's of Reading & Charlton have caused us problems bombing forward, a Charlton goal coming from one, leaving Fox in 2-on-1 situations often - but that will definitely lead to an end-to-end game as it means leaving Antonio with space to run into.

Looking forward to the match. I love the work Aitor Karanka has done with you guys, his eyes are enough to fall in love with the man. It will be Bamford's first game back at The City Ground, so it will be interesting to see the reception he gets.

Hope it fills you all in to what to expect from Forest, good luck for the rest of the season fellas.

No i dont mind tbh boro fans regularly go on other forums and post in peace so no reason why other clubs fans should not post on ours. Looking at that graphic if we could get either vossen or clayton or leadbitter on Gardner looks like they might have to go route one instead which probably work in our favour interesting though did not think of Gardner as their main player in terms of distribution. 

• Replies 641
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

If we play as we have done for most of our recent away games then we'll more than likely lose.  We haven't played well away from home in the league since we stuffed Millwall at the beginning of December.  Obviously we did at Man City but that was a completely different situation.  Since that Millwall game we lost easily at Ipswich, had two successive 0-0 draws at Blackburn & Reading, were poor but fortunate at Brentford, not great against Blackpool (with lots of changes admittedly), poor in the first half against Birmingham before kicking into life in the second and then poor again at Sheff Wed (with more changes again).  

As rich says above, Forest have been playing well recently and I don't think we can continue relying on luck or just trying to squeak over the line. During the first part of the season, almost up until Xmas actually, we had the best away record in the league.  That's fallen away a little now. Watford, Bournemouth and Norwich have more away wins than us and the latter two have more points than us overall. Derby and Brentford have the same number of away wins as we do (8) but more defeats as well.  I actually don't think we were all that away from home earlier in the season but we were getting the job done.  For some reason that has slipped a little.  I think that's a combination of our own performance levels dropping and playing against better/in form sides.  Unfortunately for us, our remaining away games are Forest, Derby, Bournemouth, Watford, Norwich and Fulham.  Other than Fulham, the rest all fall into the category of being better/in form sides.

For this particular game the pressure is entirely on us.  Forest have no chance of making the play offs but they're just close enough that they'll be telling themselves that there's an outside chance of it and of course they've got a new manager who the players will still be trying to impress. This makes it an easy game for them to approach because whilst they have nothing to lose really, they also have a reason to really go for it.  We on the other hand have everything to lose.  

I wouldn't go into predicting the line up as trying to second guess Karanka is a waste of time.  I only hope we don't mess around with three at the back, which doesn't suit us at all in my opinion.  It's incredibly easy for me to say and very hard for them to do but they have to be able to go into that game and not be inhibited at all by the pressure of run in.  A little tension is fine and that will actually help them but not so much that it alters how they play and leads to nervousness on the field.  If good Boro turns up then I don't think we'll lose this but if bad Boro turns up then I fear we will.

looking through the forest forum thread. they seem concerned about their left side fox/antonio both weak defending. i think thye are expecting adomah to play there. although i personally think bamford will start there and get some joy.

all cup finals for us now we have to get 3 points. draws are no good now with the tale being so tight.

i think we will only make one change vossen coming in for kike. AK has admitted in making mistakes for the sheff wed game so i expect him to play his best team from now on when fit.

i'm hoping for a win but i think that will be difficult, our record their is shocking, i dont remember ever winning there tbh.

The last time I can remember us winning there was in 1999, Brian Deane got the winner late on and we won 2-1. They were relegated in that season so we didn't play them again until we were relegated as well.

Was at the game and took my neighbours lad who was a Forest fan at the time

A potential omen (not sure if it's a good or bad one mind!) is that Forest's goalscorer that day was none other than Dougie Freedman.

I think I was at the game as well but I went to a few at Forest around that time so I'm trying to juggle different memories. If I'm right then we played in our blue and white striped kit, the pitch wasn't great and Deane's goal came from lifting it over future Boro star Mark Crossley? The year before we got battered 4-0 there and the one before that we drew 1-1 with TLF getting our goal before Stuart Pearce equalised I think? That was right at the start of the season that game, who knew what the season ahead would bring!

The last time I can remember us winning there was in 1999, Brian Deane got the winner late on and we won 2-1.  They were relegated in that season so we didn't play them again until we were relegated as well.

Brian bloody Deane.  Scored so many goals against us that we eventually signed him just so he'd knock it off!  :(

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ogrbeC-LEAkHlUslvKDMcZxn0adg3aDsAZuDT1u4YfQ/edit#gid=0

just found this, simply made a copy of it them you can edit that version.

i just filling in all remaining fixtures and have us finishing 3rd on 87 points. derby second with 89 points and 1st bournemouth with 92 points. guess the cherries have nice looking fixtures. i dout the points totals will be that high through the top 6 lol

my top 8

bournemouth 92

derby............89

boro..............87

watford.........84

brentford.......83

norwich.........82

wolves..........78

ipswich..........74

maybe this shouldnt be on this thread, but i did find it on the forest forum

My prediction came out with us on 91 points and Derby, Watford, Norwich and Brentford all on 90.

I may have been a bit optimistic, I don't have us losing again this year, just going 50/50 on w/d basically.

I have the following results:

@Forest: W

vs Ipswich: D

@ Derby: W

@ Bournemouth: D

vs Wigan: W

@ Watford: D

vs Rotherhan: W

vs Wolves: W

@ Norwich: W

@ Fulham: W

vs Brighton: D

That's not bias either, I quite seriously think we could go unbeaten between now and the end of the year.