oneBoro Forum

Boro V Nottingham Forest (A) 1-2

Boro V Nottingham Forest  

19 members have voted

1. 1. Boro V Nottingham Forest

Not a fan of bamford up front by himself, kike is perfect for that role, but he will never get 15 goals a season. He isn't a goal scorer but other parts of his game certainly make up for that

But let's be honest, the chances he missed today certainly weren't clear goalscoring opportunities. They arnt on the same level as the chances bamford missed against Bolton that everyone has conveniently forgotten about when discussing who is the best striker, funny that ....

• Replies 641
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Interesting to see peoples differing thoughts on Kike.. Unfortunately I think we will fall short of promotion this year, due to the fact we haven't got an out and out goalscorer, I have nothing against Kike but for me he is not good enough to fire us into the premier league. Whether Bamford is or not we do not know, because he hasn't been given a regular role up front, as he's been RW for most of his starts. We have conceded less than anyone in our league, but scoring goals is a real problem. I would love to see AK splash out on an out and out goalscorer that will fire us out of the division next year if we don't got up this year.

Interesting to see peoples differing thoughts on Kike.. Unfortunately I think we will fall short of promotion this year, due to the fact we haven't got an out and out goalscorer, I have nothing against Kike but for me he is not good enough to fire us into the premier league. Whether Bamford is or not we do not know, because he hasn't been given a regular role up front, as he's been RW for most of his starts. We have conceded less than anyone in our league, but scoring goals is a real problem. I would love to see AK splash out on an out and out goalscorer that will fire us out of the division next year if we don't got up this year.

He did with Kike? And I reckon the Vossen deal is not entirely free either. We have 3 new strikers this season lol

People keep on saying that not having a natural goal scorer has cost us this season and if we had someone like Martin up front we would have a lot more points. If only it was that simple. Martin has 19 goals so far for derby but he wouldn't have that many if he was playing for us because we don't play the same style of football has derby. If we did play a more attacking football like derby, kike and our other players would of probably had more goals but we would of also conceded more and that would of cost us points like it has done for them teams with the natural goal scorers that are on 66 points like us.

because lets be real here kike is not our answer for goals the guy just lacks any real quality on the ball his first touch is poor and his composure on the ball is terrible he always snatching at shots and just being plain greedy instead of playing others in on goal hence why i wouldnt play him at all

I really can't emphasise enough how much I disagree with you.

Kike is amazing on the ball. He is what the Juke wanted to be. We just do create enough clear chances. We need more pace to open teams up. Time for Muzzy to get a game I think

I will be glad when this season is over, Its doing my head in now... Seriously I was enjoying it with us at the top for most of the season but now we are so close to the end and the thought of us messing it up is making me fed up...

Others might be enjoying it but Im not.

I'm going to keep going to games, posting and hopefully we finish in the top 2 but I have just about had enough.

Before this season I predicted play offs, we're currently joint top and I think it's a fantastic effort. Loving it at the moment.

Yes it's frustrating but I honestly thought predicting play offs was me being optimistic. Turns out I was being slightly realistic. We are where we are on merit because we are good and we are disciplined.

Two weeks ago, after the Leeds game, I got fed up of this place. We played brilliantly against Leeds and the comments on here afterwards were disgusting.

This place is starting to become far too much like FMTTM and the Facebook pages after a defeat, or even a draw! It's embarrassing. This forum and the majority of the posters are better than that!

I cut my break short after yesterday because it's ridiculous the way some of you are acting. Look at the table FFS! Look where we are, look where we were when AK took over!

***ing sort yourselves out!

I have to agree with Prowlers earlier comments regarding mid field influence over recent games, not enough support sometimes pedestrian build up and far too much sideways passing making it easier for defenders to deal with.

All the right words are coming from AK what we need is action rather than reaction moving ahead

Before this season I predicted play offs, we're currently joint top and I think it's a fantastic effort. Loving it at the moment.

Yes it's frustrating but I honestly thought predicting play offs was me being optimistic. Turns out I was being slightly realistic. We are where we are on merit because we are good and we are disciplined.

Two weeks ago, after the Leeds game, I got fed up of this place. We played brilliantly against Leeds and the comments on here afterwards were disgusting.

This place is starting to become far too much like FMTTM and the Facebook pages after a defeat, or even a draw! It's embarrassing. This forum and the majority of the posters are better than that!

I cut my break short after yesterday because it's ridiculous the way some of you are acting. Look at the table FFS! Look where we are, look where we were when AK took over!

*** sort yourselves out!

Spot on mate.

Reading the forest forums, it sounds like they frustrated Bournemouth in a similar way when they recently beat them. It was a very solid, counter-attacking performance by them. It doesn't mean we become carp all of a sudden though!

We win a couple of our next games and this will all be forgotten about.

We mustn't get to despondent over a defeat. A good performance v Ipswich will see the cycle recommence. Bring it on... :P

We'll beat Ipswich and everyone will be happy again then when we drop a couple of places after everyone has played their games next week it'll be like Armageddon again :P