oneBoro Forum

Boro v Ipswich 4-1

Boro v Ipswich.... Win, Lose or Draw?  

19 members have voted

1. 1. Boro v Ipswich.... Win, Lose or Draw?

I'm not taking offence from anything that you've said, you said that someone was being unfair on CT, surely that has to be aimed at someone? I just wanted to know if you were meaning me or melchett so that I could actually respond if you were talking to me...

I just happened to agree with CT and hey sometimes I can add my view as a forum member :D

We won plain and simple but until the 3rd goal it was anyone's game

I'm not saying anyone can't express their opinion, if it came across that way I apologise but I was just a bit puzzled by the wording you used to agree with CT. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

No need for an apology Will, you are a respected member of the forum :)

• Replies 611
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

The stats show how fortunate we were. Ipswich 57% to our 43%. Shots 22 to our 13 (4-4 on target).

Negatives. Too many long balls. Midfield went missing or were just cut out of the game.

In my opinion, that will not be good enough against Bournemouth.

Positives. 4 on target. 4 goals. 3 healthy points from a very nervy game.

I think the jitters are there and clear to see. This is where AK has to try and get them to relax more and try to enjoy their football. Of course it's a big ask. The suspense is killing everyone!!

Lets face facts. It is one hell of a ride.

The stats show how fortunate we were. Ipswich 57% to our 43%. Shots 22 to our 13 (4-4 on target).

Negatives. Too many long balls. Midfield went missing or were just cut out of the game.

I think the jitters are there and clear to see. This is where AK has to try and get them to relax more and try to enjoy their football. Of course it's a big ask. The suspense is killing everyone!!

Cheer up mate we won 4-1!! Stats can be deceiving didn't think we where in any danger 2nd half!! UTB

Brilliant post ;)

I'm devastated that you think Vossen played only to a 6.5.

I thought he was pretty great today to be honest. His vision is first class again, drawing the defender in and then flicking it through to Bamford for his goal, it was a quality ball. 

He was quick into tackles (sometimes to quick) his hold up play is pretty good too and you can see him try a lot of quick movement stuff from knock downs - a lot of which don't come off because he's seemingly a step ahead of everyone else. 

It wasn't his best game but a 6.5 is really low IMO. Now Grant, if anyone, deserves a 6.5. In fact, swap them around (maybe push Jelle up to 7.5) and I agree with your ratings.

I would agree with p mards on this one.  I thought Vossen struggled to get into the game as well although that was as much to do with how the rest of the side were playing as anything he was doing wrong.  The little for Bamford was a nice touch of class though and exactly what we needed at that point in the game.

Remember the stonewall pen Bamford had turned down at the end of the first half?

Just had a look on the Ipswich twitter account

‏@Official_ITFC

Bamford incensed at the referee for not awarding a penalty, as he went down theatrically under Berra's challenge

Oh dear ' theatrically'

Excellent result, bring on Derby and B,mouth. Surely it must be apparent that Adomah plays his best football, in his favoured position on the right. He is not the same player on the left and is wasted as an attacking option. Bamford must play up top. its his favoured position and the one from which he can inflict the most damage. Depending on whether we play our passing game or we adopt a long ball strategy, should determine who plays with Bamford. Vossen for the passing game. Kike for the long ball. I realise that AK is sometimes trying to accommodate his best players by playing them out of position, but I believe this is one of the reasons that we have been blowing hot and cold recently. Adam Reach is a bit of enigma. he does not excel in any position, but he does not let the team down when played on the wing. The imperious Jonny Woodgate should start every game that he is fit enough to play in. UTB

It's not to say he played badly just that he wasn't in the game, largely down to our midfield having no control of the game. It's hard to say he done well when he wasn't in the game.

Look i don't want to sound like a d**k and your posts our always long and good to read but you have been saying the same thing for ages now and we are still in the auto places. Lets just wait and see at the end of the season.

Well, we won't be in the automatic places tonight as we'll be third.  And the gap that we once had to the teams below us has all but evaporated.  Doesn't that kind of prove my point or at least add some credence to it?

No you nearly always make good points but its every week you are telling us we are not good enough to make the autos but we are still there abouts. Out of interest who are good enough to take the top two places.