oneBoro Forum

Boro v Ipswich 4-1

Boro v Ipswich.... Win, Lose or Draw?  

19 members have voted

1. 1. Boro v Ipswich.... Win, Lose or Draw?

• Replies 611
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd imagine they won't know fully until tomorrow. From initially watching I think its more likely to be shorter. He seemed to hurt himself, then put a tackle in, tried to play and later walked off.

I'd be more concerned if he'd just pulled up.

Right on the nose with your comments Starbuy. What has happened to our midfield closing players down, has the pressure been put on the players by the coaching staff to try and create more clear cut chances leading to Clayton and Leadbitter having to change their usual positions, certainly they have not been as effective of late.

I think they are playing more 442 with the 2 CMs sitting further forward. It suited a Forshaw more than the other two.

I feel a lot of people are being a little too over critical about todays match. Okay i watched it in the pub as opposed to actually being at the match, but once we had scored the second goal, i felt comfortable. I wasnt in any doubt that we were gonna lose it from that point, ipswich may have had half chances, more shots and more possession, but i dont think we looked like conceding from that point. Its rare for me to not feel on edge watching the boro, but i didnt today.

Sure we conceded a shoddy goal right after our first, but despite the stats, bamford could have had another 2 and we should have had 2 penalties! Pretty good performance from after the half hour mark. Although i do wish we wouldnt hoof it as much.

I try to ignore shot statistics I think a fairer measure of the game is how many saves did a keeper have to work to save? For all the huffing and puffing by Ipswich Dimi didn't have a lot to do.

In many ways Ipswich performance today is similar to how we've been playing.

Vossen did well today, He worked hes socks of and set up Bamfords first goal with a brilliant pass..

First half he struggled just like the rest of our players apart from Adomah who was brilliant all game.

Second half he was getting in to the game more but then he was subbed but that substitution worked out brilliantly.

Imo we must keep Vossen just off of Bamford, Adomah right and Reach/ Wildscut/ Carayol left.

Totally agree with all of this!

Despite all of the criticism directed at reach I think he still gives us a great deal.

1) balance: a proper balance with players in correct position (Adomah right) giving out team alot better shape

2) defensive cover: despite not being the best going forward he always tracks back

3) 2nd outlet: like albert, reach isn't afraid to chase a long cross field ball to relieve pressure and build a possible attack

For all the negatives people are giving today we still scored 4 past a fellow promotion contender. I'd play the same team every week from now on bar injuries/suspensions.

Despite all of the criticism directed at reach I think he still gives us a great deal.

1) balance: a proper balance with players in correct position (Adomah right) giving out team alot better shape

2) defensive cover: despite not being the best going forward he always tracks back

3) 2nd outlet: like albert, reach isn't afraid to chase a long cross field ball to relieve pressure and build a possible attack

For all the negatives people are giving today we still scored 4 past a fellow promotion contender. I'd play the same team every week from now on bar injuries/suspensions.

I'd tend to agree with this. I do think his runs behind the defence have been good and may have potentially got a penalty today after one of them. Although he does frustrate me he clearly has the ability to get past his man as he has proven it yet he has somewhat lost belief in doing so.

Reach is a strange player, he's almost better without the ball than he is with it. Could have won us two penalties today with his runs off the ball and just by staying wide he stretches opponents, however, give him the ball and he'll invariably fall over or give away possession.