oneBoro Forum

Boro v Ipswich 4-1

Boro v Ipswich.... Win, Lose or Draw?  

19 members have voted

1. 1. Boro v Ipswich.... Win, Lose or Draw?

Sorry nb I was mean to point out the fourth thing to legendary not you.

If you are going to ask a specific question you should expect an answer to that question. That said my points stand whether you look at the game in isolation or context

• Replies 611
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry nb I was mean to point out the fourth thing to legendary not you.

If you are going to ask a specific question you should expect an answer to that question.  That said my points stand whether you look at the game in isolation or context

Apology accepted :)

I agree one game wont determine if we finish top 2, I can understand you taking the Ipswich question as a standalone question but I assumed people would take current form and upcoming fixtures in to account.. Obviously not so I probably should elaborate a bit.

A win would do us the world of good! That said a draw wouldn't be too bad. But we are in a sticky patch, and we need to get back on track. We need to start collecting clean sheets again, and Ayala coming back will be a great boost!

I think we all need to relax. This result will not decide whether we go up or not. Thats a cumulative weight. It just makes it harder if we lose.Theres no point in getting tense and demanding a win, we have seen in the past when a collective Boro crowd get frustrated then they get moaning at every misplaced pass and booing when we arent 4-0 up at half time.

I would go for the same team as SouthernSofty above. Think both teams will try to get a goal within 5 minutes then just retreat once the waters have been tested and play it safety first so hope we can create and take some clear cut chances. Be happy if Ayala is back. UTB

With just goal difference dividing 4 teams, and 1 or 2 points dividing the next 2/3 teams it is mighty mighty tight!

Regarding your question NB I wouldn't write of any teams chances after this next round. Yes, our form isn't great right now, but whilst no 2 teams get a good run going it is wide open. So win lose or draw, we are still right in there with a massive shot at automatic promotion, along with 5/6 other teams. It's a scary but exciting ride! And I like the fact we have to play those around us. Much rather we have the responsibility of taking points of our opposition whilst gaining some Ourselves than having to depend on dirty Leeds to do us a favor or something like that :p

Hopefully Ayala is back for this one - We have certainly missed him.

Adomah is wasted on the left so I'd like to see him back on the right.

Bamford has to play up the middle for me also.

What to do with Kike? his general play is excellent but we need goals and he just isn't doing it on that front.

Unless we play 2 strikers I think he needs to be benched. Unfortunately we can't wait for him to rediscover his scoring touch.

My team if all are fit.

Dimi

Nsue Kalas Ayala Friend

Leadbitter Clayton

Adomah Tomlin Reach/Carayol

Bamford

With just goal difference dividing 4 teams, and 1 or 2 points dividing the next 2/3 teams it is mighty mighty tight!

Regarding your question NB I wouldn't write of any teams chances after this next round. Yes, our form isn't great right now, but whilst no 2 teams get a good run going it is wide open. So win lose or draw, we are still right in there with a massive shot at automatic promotion, along with 5/6 other teams. It's a scary but exciting ride! And I like the fact we have to play those around us. Much rather we have the responsibility of taking points of our opposition whilst gaining some Ourselves than having to depend on dirty Leeds to do us a favor or something like that :p

I agree that its much better we have to play all the teams around us because recent weeks has shown that all the teams at the top can get beat by the so called weaker teams... The fact that we have to play the teams around us is a guaranteed  opportunity to open up a gap on our rivals....

UTB.

I agree that its much better we have to play all the teams around us because recent weeks has shown that all the teams at the top can get beat by the so called weaker teams... The fact that we have to play the teams around us is a guaranteed  opportunity to open up a gap on our rivals....

UTB.

At least we can say it was In our own hands come the end of the season. That would make success all that more sweeter, and failure quicker to recover and learn from. We really are going to see the size of our boys balls these upcoming weeks! That's for sure!

One thing that has me slightly worried is the Leadboots situation. No way will he go 10 games without a yellow, so we are going to miss him for 2 games. And possibly could, or should I say will be 2 very important games. Hope Adam the 2nd is ready to fill some pretty big, heavy lead boots so to speak!

A honest question.. Answer honestly...

If we don't beat Ipswich do you think its PROBABLY playoffs at best?

I think it would be playoffs and I just hope we are in good form going in to them.

No I think everyone at the top has the jitters and will drop points over the next few games. If any of the top 6 can put a run of victories together they will win the title, its the dropped points against lesser teams in the league that are do the damage to teams chances.

Huge game.

If we win we effectively cut adrift Ipswich and Wolves and all but guarantee ourselves a top 6 finish, and leave ourselves well placed going into some difficult games.

A draw will put a massive amount of pressure on us to pick up a decent haul of points away at Derby, Bournemouth and Watford, both in terms of keeping in touch with the top and keeping our distance from 7th.

A defeat and we'll continue to look over our shoulder at the very real prospect of not even making the the playoffs.

That said, I'm genuinely confident we'll win this one. Ipswich are good but nothing too special and we seem to be doing fine in terms of performance and most results at the Riverside. I also think we'll probably take 4 points from those big 3 away games (7 including the Wigan match wedged between) leaving ourselves right in contention with 10 points (approx, maybe a couple less) from the next 5 games and well placed there or thereabouts in an 'easier' close of season run-in.

But a lot of it boils down to this game in my opinion. Biggest game of the season by far, genuinely, as the result will define the type of pressure on us for the last 9 games. We'll be able to play far more freely and confidently with top two ambitions without having to keep an eye on Ipswich and Wolves for the remainder. Vital that we open up that 8 point gap.

Foresee a slightly ugly, scrappy and nervy 3 points. Which I would bite your hand off for.

UTB.

At least we can say it was In our own hands come the end of the season. That would make success all that more sweeter, and failure quicker to recover and learn from. We really are going to see the size of our boys balls these upcoming weeks! That's for sure!

One thing that has me slightly worried is the Leadboots situation. No way will he go 10 games without a yellow, so we are going to miss him for 2 games. And possibly could, or should I say will be 2 very important games. Hope Adam the 2nd is ready to fill some pretty big, heavy lead boots so to speak!

Leadbitter was very silly talking himself in to a yellow against Forest.. He's very likely to miss at least one of the Derby/ Bournemouth game/s... Time for Clayton and Forshaw to step up big time... I havnt heard any word on Frederick's yet, I rekon its at least a few weeks out.