oneBoro Forum
Pyro

Boro v Ipswich 4-1

Boro v Ipswich.... Win, Lose or Draw?  

19 members have voted

1. 1. Boro v Ipswich.... Win, Lose or Draw?

I'd like to see Bamford & Vossen up front but they were so ineffective against Ipswich at Portman Rd.

Also Muzzy has to get some game time or Reach should start because for all our good play against Forest it was a bit slow.

To be fair, most were awful at Portman road and I thought they were distinctly average, we should boss this and 2-0 reversal for me

If this is going to be viewed on Sky Television we may as well award you the points now. Our record in front of the cameras is poor to say the least this season. 12.15 start is damn stupid too but guess we have to dance to Sky TV's tune..

This years championship is one of the best ever and you're in a better position right now to go up but a lot can change before end of season. Obviously hope if you make it to the top two places by May you can elbow out Norwich City while you're at it, but then that leaves the chance we could face them in the play-off games... Doesn't bear thinking about sometimes..

We only have one recognized striker at the moment in Murphy and the loan kids have come in but have yet to make an impact although it's still fairly recent. McCarthy has a tendency to play bizarre formations and doesn't always know what his best starting XI is and there have been one or two calls for his departure but really he's done very well in his short time with us.

I'll be straight with you and say I don't believe we'll get anything from our trip up there but we'll just have to see what occurs. We're really looking for a play off place now as we don't believe we can get an auto promotion such is the inconsistency but really, it's been a very good season thus far for us and if you had offered where we would both be now back in August we would have accepted without hesitation.

I'd like to see Bamford & Vossen up front but they were so ineffective against Ipswich at Portman Rd.

Also Muzzy has to get some game time or Reach should start because for all our good play against Forest it was a bit slow.

To be fair, most were awful at Portman road and I thought they were distinctly average, we should boss this and 2-0 reversal for me

We were poor all over the pitch at Ipswich... I think that was just one of those games we didn't turn up at all.... It will be different this Saturday..

UTB.

Me too, I don't really bother myself with predictions when it comes to Boro. What ever happens, happens. It's going to be quite the ride. I'm just glad we have something to play for at this point in the season for a change.

Tend to agree CF, predictions are thrown out of the window but it's still fun to speculate, main thing is we are fully behind the team as they need all the support they can get.

i honestly wouldnt be suprised at any outcome  on this   ...  agree with previous posts  ...what will be will be

Wonder if Jordan Rhodes gets paraded onto the pitch before kick off in front of the Sky cameras :P

Wonder if Jordan Rhodes gets paraded onto the pitch before kick off in front of the Sky cameras :P

Huh?

Rhodes rumoured to be joining boro on loan

Even if we don't sign Rhodes I hope it will act as a wake up call to our strikers that it's either they start scoring or we will look to replace them. For all of Vossen's hype I haven't seen much from him for us to keep him here after his loan expires. He got a hat-trick away at Millwall but other than that he has been a disappointment. Hopefully Vossen, Kike and Bamford suddenly start putting their chances away now that there has been a bit of a vote of no confidence by Karanka by us being so interested in Rhodes. Faith and patience to under-performing players only last so long in a promotion push.

I find it hard to believe that Kike will suddenly start scoring more than 1 in 4 which equals about 3 goals for the rminder of the campaign and Vossen doesn't seem to get enough gametime and Bamford is played out of position. If they get 10 goals between them in the final 10 games I think we'll be lucky.

My team for Ipswich

Dimi, Nsue, Ayala, Gibson, Friend, Clayton, Leadbitter, Adomah, Bamford, Vossen....RHODES :P

The enormity of this game has only just really dawned upon me especially as, and let's face it the two teams we are most concerned about Norwich and Derby are playing each other on the same day.

This simply has to be a MUST WIN game going into the "week of destiny"

There has not been as much a crucial game played at The Riverside for quite some time and for all sense and purposes does carry my seldom used phrase albeit that on this occasion I will not use the term myself.

To lose this game with all the current speculation in my opinion would knock us back and would possibly have a ripple effect on the two away games we have to face.

This is such a vital time to get back to winning ways as I honestly believe that any team now who is in the top 4 ill do themselves a world of good if they got back to back wins