oneBoro Forum
Pyro

Boro v Ipswich 4-1

Boro v Ipswich.... Win, Lose or Draw?  

19 members have voted

1. 1. Boro v Ipswich.... Win, Lose or Draw?

The average age of the team is encouraging for the future(although 3 of them are on loan). There were a few older players like Dimi and Woodgate that will skew the average age. Including them it's 25.9 and without them it's 24.3.

Dimi(36), Kalas(21), Ayala(24), Gibson(22), Friend(27), Clayton(26), Leadbitter(29), Adomah(27), Vossen(25), Reach(22), Bamford(21), Woodgate(35), Forshaw(23), Nsue(25).

I think karanka deserves massive credit for the result yesterday. Did his research on how to play effectively against Ipswich after they did us earlier in the season.

He knew they struggle to cope with inventive set pieces. He knew they would be aggressive and pressurise so allowed us to play more direct football. He knew that the back two were slow and could be exploited with a bit of pace. Well executed and I hope he's got derby sussed.

Really pleased with the result yesterday, in what really was a must win! It's the perfect start to a really tough, season defining week. It should hopefully give us confidence for Tuesday (in which I'm now much more buzzing to hop in the car after work and leg it down the a1!). Putting 8 points between us and 7th at this stage was v important.

Thought forshaw was good when he came on today, anyone else impressed? Also, any news on Ayala, was a shame to see him limp off..

I think karanka deserves massive credit for the result yesterday. Did his research on how to play effectively against Ipswich after they did us earlier in the season.

He knew they struggle to cope with inventive set pieces. He knew they would be aggressive and pressurise so allowed us to play more direct football. He knew that the back two were slow and could be exploited with a bit of pace. Well executed and I hope he's got derby sussed.

I do  not think that either Derby nor Bournemouth will be changing tactics just because they are playing Boro and that is to our advantage imo because we will play the same style and formations as to our home games.

We as fans know what is coming so certainly AK does

Wasn't the ref awful yesterday, I don't like criticizing refs but this guy was really poor.concern's me that with things so tight at the top these poor decisions are really important. Two clear 100% penalties on Bamford and Reach. Need stronger better refs, would hate to think what the lower league refs are like.

Wasn't the ref awful yesterday, I don't like criticizing refs but this guy was really poor.concern's me that with things so tight at the top these poor decisions are really important. Two clear 100% penalties on Bamford and Reach. Need stronger better refs, would hate to think what the lower league refs are like.

I was at the Bristol City v Gillingham match yesterday and the ref was utter garbage. The only saving grace was that he was completely inept for both city and Gills decisions so at least he was consistent.

I agree with Bamfords, that was a stone waller. But the one on reach I don't think was a penno.

I agree with Bamfords, that was a stone waller. But the one on reach I don't think was a penno.

Do you mean the one on Reach right at the start? I'm a bit less bothered about that (though it was a pen) because we scored from the resulting corner, when it came off Reach's foot, so two wrongs actually ended up making a right from our point of view.

The Bamford one was as obvious a penalty as you'll see.

Aside from that, I didn't think the ref was terrible. But that was a massive call that he messed up, that could have been vital.

Our next 2 games against Darby and Bournemouth...

Obviously we want to win both games but just thinking how the games might go, I'm not sure what would be better, 2 draws or 1 win and 1 loss.. I suppose it depends on there other results and others teams.

Do you mean the one on Reach right at the start? I'm a bit less bothered about that (though it was a pen) because we scored from the resulting corner, when it came off Reach's foot, so two wrongs actually ended up making a right from our point of view.

The Bamford one was as obvious a penalty as you'll see.

Aside from that, I didn't think the ref was terrible. But that was a massive call that he messed up, that could have been vital.

I guess he's probably meaning the one towards the end of the game where Reach was clearly tugged back by Chambers as he was try to get on the end of an Adomah cross.

Didn't see the entire match, but just briefly discussed it on another forum where an Ipswich fan was really upset about the ref for not stopping Boros violent play. He claims that reach should have been shown a straight red for almost ending Berras career with a studs up tackle on his knee.

From what I saw I can't remember seeing any particular hard play by boro.

He might have been talking about Vossen. Vossen did have one late one where he was slightly late for a 50/50 and ended up going through Berra a bit, IIRC