oneBoro Forum

Boro v Ipswich 4-1

Boro v Ipswich.... Win, Lose or Draw?  

19 members have voted

1. 1. Boro v Ipswich.... Win, Lose or Draw?

What happens if we don't win? Are we out of the race for the top 2? No, it just makes the task more difficult. Every game is a must win, but losing on Saturday would no be fatal in terms of results.

Moral is a different issue altogether. I think it would be hard to pick the team up from a defeat like that. Again it wouldn't be impossible because we'd have a chance to turn the tables around immediately with Derby 3 days later.

You know Boro like to do things the hard way!

• Replies 611
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think the top 2 will be decided until the last game.

Aya, agree with that. The league is just too tight. Imagine going into the Brighton game 1 point ahead of third place. The nerves, the tension, the scenes when Gorgeuos put's us 1-0 up.

I think the team will be:

---------------------Dimi---------------------

Nsue-----Ayala---------Kalas-----Friend

--------Leadbitter-------Clayton-----------

Adomah----------Vossen----------Reach

------------------Bamford-----------------

Not necessarily the team I'd go with, but I think AK will due to:

- Gibson arguably being the poorer of the two centre backs since Kalas came in.

- Kike wasting a few chances recently and Bamford deserving a shot up front.

- Tomlin blowing hot and cold, and Vossen having not started a game for a while.

- Leadbitter could pick up a yellow and be suspended, but that is probably going to happen anyway. I would say that they're all big games now, and we need to start Grant when we can.

Incidentally, I think that this will be the team regardless of whether we bring in any elephant-in-the-room Scottish internationals before Saturday.

I wouldn't play Grant, former club, he will pick up a yellow and we ideally need him for at least one of the 2 after.

I'd rather we just played our strongest team whenever available. I'd rather sub him off when we are winning then having to sub him on if we are not winning because we have lacked his precense.

Its not the time to be leaving Leadbitter out, We need 3 points so we need to play our best players, Get the 3 points and deal with any suspensions when they arise...

Just think of the stick AK will get if he leaves Leadbitter on the bench and we fail to gain control of the midfield, Go a goal behind, Then AK subs him on risking a yellow anyway and we don't win the game.

Its got to be... Play our best formation and best players at every opportunity for the remainder of the season.

You know that he WILL be suspended for Derby and Bournemouth if he play him against Ipswich, right? :p

It is guaranteed :D

Yep, Ideally Leadbitter will be left out and we win... But if it backfired AK would get slated and rightly so.

Gotta play Leadbitter. If he picks up a card, we'll cross that bridge when we come to it. Unless we've been training all week on a formation that suits any two from Forshaw, Clayton and whitehead

Not really "rightly so", we brought in Forshaw so we could leave the likes of Leadbitter and Clayton out.

I hope your right and Forshaw steps in for the game and we win...

I'm still not sure how good Forshaw is... Has he done enough to impress/ Show hes good enough to step in for such an important game?...

That being said though I would start with Leadbitter.

I'm just saying that with or without Leadbitter, I think we can beat Ipswich at home and I think he'd be a lot more important in an away fixture at Derby.

That being said, if he could keep his temper at bay, it could be a non-issue, I just don't think he can. It was idiotic of him getting booked in the last game, there was no need for it.

I'm just saying that with or without Leadbitter, I think we can beat Ipswich at home and I think he'd be a lot more important in an away fixture at Derby.

That being said, if he could keep his temper at bay, it could be a non-issue, I just don't think he can. It was idiotic of him getting booked in the last game, there was no need for it.

I agree, I think Clayton & Forshaw is more than good enough but its a big risk in a massive game when Leadbitter is available to play..

Leadbitters behavior against Forest for the yellow was moronic and he should know better.