oneBoro Forum

Boro v Ipswich 4-1

Boro v Ipswich.... Win, Lose or Draw?  

19 members have voted

1. 1. Boro v Ipswich.... Win, Lose or Draw?

I'm just saying that with or without Leadbitter, I think we can beat Ipswich at home and I think he'd be a lot more important in an away fixture at Derby.

That being said, if he could keep his temper at bay, it could be a non-issue, I just don't think he can. It was idiotic of him getting booked in the last game, there was no need for it.

Said the same thing earlier. Leadbitter will be vital at Derby but only important against Ipswich.

I think we can expect Ipswich to park the bus and try and hit us on the break and through set pieces. Derby will attack us and Leadbitter will provide an important shield for the defence that Forshaw doesn't offer.

Horses for courses time.

• Replies 611
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.mfc.co.uk/news/article/2014/boro-ryan-fredericks-dani-ayala-aitor-karanka-championship-2329916.aspx

Unless hes had a set back it makes the decision not to play Carayol on Monday for the U21s baffling.

This is the first time in weeks/months that we've had soo much time to train and prepare for a game. AK's previously said that when you play weekend - midweek - weekend that you don't get to train properly. I think looking at the upcoming fixtures he's wanted all of his first team squad around him.

Whilst getting extra fitness in Carayol would help him it would have meant 2 or 3 days away from the first team squad. I think we'll see him on the bench for the next 2 games and possibly start vs Bournemouth.

Think its time to play Bamford up top with Vossen behind him.

Absolutely agree.

Every time Bamford plays up front he gets bullied. He's not strong enough. Kike plays that role perfectly.

What we need is pace to create space. I was hoping Muzzy would be back this weekend but it seems not. A lot of big calls for Saturday. Ayala back or saved for Derby? Bring Reach in? Nuclear option - start with Wildchut.

I have no idea what Karanka will do. Which is fine. Neither will Ipswich.

Id like to see how many goals bamford has scored when started up front vs how many starting from the wing drifting inside. I daresqy the laters ratio will be higher

He's scored more from the right but because hes played more games there, I keep banging on about how brilliantly Bamford and Vossen worked up front against Derby at home... It's the way to go IMO.

I think we will start with:

Dimi; Nsue, Kalas, Gibson, Friend; Clayton, Leadbitter; Bamford, Tomlin, Adomah; Vossen.

I'd quite like us to try something different though as none of the tried and tested combinations have worked well for a consistent spell. Karanka has put Tomlin to LW occasionally towards the end of games so maybe if we start him there we could put Bamford and Vossen in strike together. Very unlikely though.

The article on the Boro website makes it sound like Carayol will not feature on Saturday is a shame. Hopefully it's Karanka hoping to spring a surprise on Ipswich.

Tomlin has been atrocious for the last 8 or so games, hopefully if we try something new, it will be him not playing.

Agreed... We need players who are going to give 100% and he doesn't.. We need to be full of energy close people down and work our socks off.