oneBoro Forum

Boro v Ipswich 4-1

Boro v Ipswich.... Win, Lose or Draw?  

19 members have voted

1. 1. Boro v Ipswich.... Win, Lose or Draw?

Its not the time to be leaving Leadbitter out, We need 3 points so we need to play our best players, Get the 3 points and deal with any suspensions when they arise...

Just think of the stick AK will get if he leaves Leadbitter on the bench and we fail to gain control of the midfield, Go a goal behind, Then AK subs him on risking a yellow anyway and we don't win the game.

Its got to be... Play our best formation and best players at every opportunity for the remainder of the season.

NB nailed the situation. Tried to give a +1 but couldn't. Can a mod so it?

• Replies 611
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

The no 10 role is a strange one for us. Tomlin is poor at the moment and even when he has hois better moments its often on the back of a poor game. That said he's our only real no 10.

Vossens ineffective their and probably more of striker than a no 10.

Leadbitter and Forshaw are wasted their

Williams best moments have come from off the bench.

Reach has had spells there but looked lost

The one person I would like to see in that No 10 role would have been Ledesma but I don't think he'd do the defensive side to the game.

So for me the choice is either Tomlin or Vossen or a change in formation.

I wouldn't be against a diamond, most of our width come from the fullbacks anyway and it could allow an extra body or two in the box (you'd still have the no 10 issue though).

I wouldn't be against a diamond, most of our width come from the fullbacks anyway and it could allow an extra body or two in the box (you'd still have the no 10 issue though).

Our width only comes from the full backs when we have Bamford wide right or Tomlin wide left. Adomah and Reach both hug the touch line when assuming their natural positions. Opens up the pitch when we're attacking and gives more room to the man behind the striker.

Our width only comes from the full backs when we have Bamford wide right or Tomlin wide left. Adomah and Reach both hug the touch line when assuming their natural positions. Opens up the pitch when we're attacking and gives more room to the man behind the striker.

I'd agree with you on the right with AA but even with Reach in the team the width comes from Friend overlapping (although he doesn't continue to the byline).

The disappointing part is that neither Reach or Adomah become the extra man in the box when the other has the ball. We should be looking at the 9 and 10 getting into the box with the opposite winger joining them.

Bamford up front in front of Vossen in the #10. Adomah right and Reach left.

Risk Grant. Might not get booked, and have to play best midfield pairing available in my opinion against a team who overran us at their place.

Nsue Kalas Ayala Friend at the back of they're all available, not sure if Ayala is still injured. If he is then Gibbo

Absolutely massive game and one i'm not confident in getting anything out of. don't get me wrong we should but we need to be playing at our best to get a result and frankly recently we haven't been. we wont get 26 chances against this lot so out front 4 need to be ruthless, which they've rarely shown all season. Vossen and bamford are currently the most clinical so its a must for them to start in my view.

Tomlin has been atrocious for the last 8 or so games, hopefully if we try something new, it will be him not playing.

I agree hes been poor but still a lot of our goals come from him. Hes one of those players that does 2 things a game and one gets you a goal

The no 10 role is a strange one for us. Tomlin is poor at the moment and even when he has hois better moments its often on the back of a poor game. That said he's our only real no 10.

Vossens ineffective their and probably more of striker than a no 10.

Leadbitter and Forshaw are wasted their

Williams best moments have come from off the bench.

Reach has had spells there but looked lost

The one person I would like to see in that No 10 role would have been Ledesma but I don't think he'd do the defensive side to the game.

So for me the choice is either Tomlin or Vossen or a change in formation.

Do you think Luke Williams could play that role? I think he could. Maybe that's why he is back.

With regards to Carayol reading reports he will not be featuring for the Ipswich game however I am sure that on a recent m/d thread there was some reference to him and a couple of others being seen out clubbing early morning on the eve of a game.

Is he fit or is he being precluded for discipline reasons? If the latter then is it possible that he will not feature again and that his contract will be allowed to simply run out without him being able to strut his stuff again?

In a way I wish we still had Ledesma to utilise

I doubt he would have risked his chance of first team action and a new contract by going out clubbing after spending 11 months on the treatment table. He will probably have been told that he wasn't going to be involved and he had the weekend off.

If I recall correctly Fredericks and Dimi was seen with him, and they have both played since.

just a theory  but  having watched quite a few spanish top flight games  it seems thier use of the number 10 role and ours in this country differs in that you often see the likes of  messi , iniesta  koke  etc  dropping way back into central midfield to take the ball from the defensive midfielder and try to orchestrate a move from there  where as the typical english idealism is for the number 10 tplay just behind the strikers  either feeding off  them or supplying through balls  (beardsley  when he played  springs to mind)

No way am i trying to liken Tomlin to any of the players mentioned  but possibly AK being familiarised with the spanish system is  asking Tomlin to play that way (lets face it if he wasnt ,tomlin would have been told in no uncertain terms to stop doing it , but he still does )  personally i feel  having seen a much more attack minded tomlin when playing for peterborough  we would be better off  letting him loose of the responsibility of retreating into central midfield