oneBoro Forum

Boro V Derby County (A) 1-0

Reach just looked so out of touch against Ipswich. I really like Nsue, he has something about him. I believe he definitely provides us more going forward than Adam Reach

• Replies 676
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

I think Stevie Mac's team selection will decide this game. Last weekend they played with no centre forwards and scrapped a draw against Norwich.

There is a chance that Martin could be back for this game but I think they'll hold him off to Friday when they play Wolves. Due to the fact that Derby still have Watford to play I think that Derby will see this game as a must not loose match and I expect their line up to reflect this.

If they do then it could be a long night for us as we are generally not great at breaking teams down. Hopefully we will see some more joy from set pieces.

On paper their is probably not a better time to play Derby they are out of sorts, suffering from injuries and have a fixture pile up. If we grab a win and other results go against them Derby could start to see themselves getting cut adrift.

Probably best to get something up and running, if Pyro does come on later then hopefully he can produce a master class and then threads can be merged.

Massive game, not for the faint hearted and imo a Must Win game to purely keep pace with Bournemouth and Watford.

Could this be the best time to play Derby? Their main strikers, Martin and Bent, appear to be serious doubts and look to be aiming for their game away to Wolves on Friday night, rather than Tuesday. Yesterday, Thorne was out, and they had to give a young lad (Hanson) a debut, albeit he 'scored', it was much more of a Ruddy O.G, and also had Albentosa (who?) at centre half. Taking the last four games into account, we have taken 6 points, Derby have taken just 2 (1-1 (A) Norwich, 2-2 (H) B'ham, 0-2 (A) Brighton, 0-2 (A) Fulham). Head says take the draw, but if we could have Woodgate marshalling the defence again, I can see us scrapping away a tight, and nervy 1-0 win (hopefully Bamford 89'). Worryingly, Fox Sports 4 Netherlands who liveonsat had us down to be on, seem to showing a re-run of Man U v Spurs, on their listings.

I just came online to do the thread and see that I have been beaten to it! Damn! Fair play though, the game is fast approching and I was a little slow perhaps....!! Thank you all for your kind words (except the PYRO OUT!) chants... I think a 4-1 win on my first match thread duty was a pretty damn good result.

Really interesting game this, is there a right time to play Derby? With no Martin and no Bent they certainly lack that focal point they have had in recent games. Obviously I would take a draw here, but my words how precious would a win be!!

Cmon on boro, im going to this one as im studying at derby uni lets beats the rams atm their wobbling due to not winning games and having players injured if they played like they did against norwich i think well win by 3-4 goals.

Are you boro4life by any chance?

I just came online to do the thread and see that I have been beaten to it! Damn! Fair play though, the game is fast approching and I was a little slow perhaps....!! Thank you all for your kind words (except the PYRO OUT!) chants... I think a 4-1 win on my first match thread duty was a pretty damn good result.

Really interesting game this, is there a right time to play Derby? With no Martin and no Bent they certainly lack that focal point they have had in recent games. Obviously I would take a draw here, but my words how precious would a win be!!

You do realise we're expecting a repeat of the 4-1 Boro victory now? :D

Derby Telegraph reporting that George Thorne likely to return against us, with McClaren saying he will "hopefully" be right for Tuesday and ruling out Martin and Bent for the match. Mascarell, their midfielder, also out after tearing a tendon. They seem to be looking to try and get through the next two matches then take advantage of a couple of weeks off to get players back to fitness for the last push.

http://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/Derby-County-Better-news-George-Thorne-Oscar/story-26177495-detail/story.html

Along with the Derby way of thinking.... It will be incredibly arrogant of us to go there and expect anything other than a comprehensive defeat. They have the best team, player for player, in the division so a spate of injuries should be no bother to the mighty Derby. Not one of our players could possibly be better than theirs, to suggest otherwise would be incredibly arrogant, again I must stress that. Even Derby's kit man would walk into our team. Richard Keogh definitely isn't a clumsy sod that looks like Stevi Ritchie from X Factor. We should just be glad that they're allowing us to share the same pitch as them for 90 minutes plus stoppage time. I've heard that Karanka has struck a deal with McClaren for them to only beat us 3-nil. I think we're planning on giving Derby a guard on honour when they step onto the pitch too. It would be arrogant not to. And the one thing we are not is arrogant. Remember that, we're not arrogant. Definitely not.

Along with the Derby way of thinking.... It will be incredibly arrogant of us to go there and expect anything other than a comprehensive defeat. They have the best team, player for player, in the division so a spate of injuries should be no bother to the mighty Derby. Not one of our players could possibly be better than theirs, to suggest otherwise would be incredibly arrogant, again I must stress that. Even Derby's kit man would walk into our team. Richard Keogh definitely isn't a clumsy sod that looks like Stevi Ritchie from X Factor. We should just be glad that they're allowing us to share the same pitch as them for 90 minutes plus stoppage time. I've heard that Karanka has struck a deal with McClaren for them to only beat us 3-nil. I think we're planning on giving Derby a guard on honour when they step onto the pitch too. It would be arrogant not to. And the one thing we are not is arrogant. Remember that, we're not arrogant. Definitely not.

Hahahahaha this is brilliant. :D

Tried to +1 this but couldn't - IOU a rep for this balanced & sensible viewpoint!