oneBoro Forum

Boro V Derby County (A) 1-0

The pressure is definitely on Derby for this one.

Playing at home they will need a performance, they sound like they have a lot of injuries but we cannot take them as weakened, not that AK would.

Huge game and they would have seen what we did to Ipswich before their game on Saturday.

I think Woodgate made a big difference on Saturday, but could he do another 90 mins in 3 days!? its a big ask of him. Do we know about Ayala?

I would like to see this team.

-----------------------Dimi--------------------------------

Nsue ------Woodgate/Kalas----Gibson-------Friend

-----------Clayton----------Leadbitter-----------------

Adomah-------------Tomlin----------------------Muzzy

---------------------Bamford----------------------------

Lots of pace for the counter attack and solidity in the middle

• Replies 676
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

As much as I love Tomlin (and I really do). It's hard to look past the success of bamford and Vossen upfront. They compliment each other well. Bam Bam even said in his post Ipswich interview that he

a) prefers to be upfront

b) thinks himself and Jelle compliment each other

Totally forgot that the I/B comes up after the Bournemouth game so trying to get the best possible result against Derby is paramount and yes I agree that we look better with the Bamford/Vossen pairing

There is a major concern however and that we have lost our last 3 away games so simply not losing might just be a factor in the mind of AK though that could entail a too defensive performance and untold pressure as I am sure Derby want to take some sort of revenge

As much as I love Tomlin (and I really do). It's hard to look past the success of bamford and Vossen upfront. They compliment each other well. Bam Bam even said in his post Ipswich interview that he

a) prefers to be upfront

b) thinks himself and Jelle compliment each other

That was the second time I heard Bamford saying he likes to play with Vossen and I think he also tweeted about nice about Vossen... Its obviouse he prefers to be upfront with Vossen just behind him... Imo that's our best way of lining up with Adomah right and Reach left.. I would like Wildshcut to get a chance instead of Reach or play Nsue left... Muzzy if he ever gets fit.

Can someone that's a lot more creative than me come up with a song making reference to the likelyhood of Schteve Mac being a Geordie in the summer....

Could be a nice touch tomorrow night :)

I'd like to see how N'Sue does on the left at some point. He's very adaptable when as shown by playing RB, RW and as a striker this season.

Correct me if i'm wrong, but I think in Brentford home game where we won 4-0, Nsue played right and Albert left, with them switching it round a couple of times. Seemed to go pretty well!

I'd like to see how N'Sue does on the left at some point. He's very adaptable when as shown by playing RB, RW and as a striker this season.

Correct me if i'm wrong, but I think in Brentford home game where we won 4-0, Nsue played right and Albert left, with them switching it round a couple of times. Seemed to go pretty well!

Yep, didn't Nsue get 2 assists in that game?

Derby depend greately on thier midfield taking control of the game  , especially at the moment due to the striker injuries   and though i  agree that changing formations has cost us in the recent past  i feel  that we may  inthis instance be better suited to pack the midfield to counter them in that department  . Vossen may have to be sacrificed  but it should ensure we dont let them dictate

possibly

Dimi

kalas..woody..gibbo,,friend

albert..clayton..leaddy..forshaw,,reach

bamford

Derby depend greately on thier midfield taking control of the game  , especially at the moment due to the striker injuries   and though i  agree that changing formations has cost us in the recent past  i feel  that we may  inthis instance be better suited to pack the midfield to counter them in that department  . Vossen may have to be sacrificed  but it should ensure we dont let them dictate

possibly

Dimi

kalas..woody..gibbo,,friend

albert..clayton..leaddy..forshaw,,reach

bamford

Why not just play the way we did when we beat them 2-0.. No need to mess about IMO.

Same team as against Ipswich. We just beat a rival 4-1 so I see no reason to change things. Maybe another winger instead of Reach but I just think Reach is often doing a lot of off the ball work that is of real benefit to the team. It may not be pretty but it's effective.

IMO  its vital not to lose this game  and  i think derby,s main threts are the wide players in thier system , usually 2 from  ince, ward and russell .   but they still have the likes of  hughes hendrick thorn(if fit) and bryson to operate in central midfield  so in this instance  id feel comfotable with 5 in midfield  and when we do get the chance to attack  albert and reach will need to push up to support bamford  plus im fairly confident both clayton and forshaw  would be quite cabable of threading balls through , keogh and buxton are prone to errors when the ball is kept low imo  and thier full backs / wing backs are a lot poorer defensively than offensively  so we will  hopefully play a system that doesnt give them any encouragement to operate too high up . 

im totally in agreement with sticking to our best system and players from here n in and have posted that recently  but  as a one off  id go for the extra midfield width here .