oneBoro Forum

Boro V Derby County (A) 1-0

Hopefully he highlights will be on later but the slightly extended highlights shown on Sky last night clearly showed that we were the better team and the right result was completed

• Replies 676
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Credit where credit is due.

I've been looking at the DCFC forum for weeks now and mocking their fans for their attitude. Mainly on the:-

What makes us so good...... And

View from the outside threads.

But reading the Boro match day thread most of them are magnanimous in defeat. The few that try to blame the ref are quickly shot down. And most are complementary about us. Especially our defensive organisation.

So to the Derby fans that may be reading this I tip my hat to you guys :)

What a night.

I haven't celebrated a goal in the away end like that since Roma away in 2006. People and bodies all over the shop. What a great atmosphere. What a hugely significant victory at a pivital point in the season.

I said on Monday I was hoping Derby could be our 2-0 victory at Wolves away in 95 and last night we raised our game just as we did back then.

Yet again Aitor Mourinho sorry Karanka manages to get a result just when its most needed. What a stroke of genius playing Tomlin out wide left, when we were all calling for Reach to start. Only Tomlin could unlock a Derby defence in a game that tight. What a piece of magic.

Woodgate was a giant a***st men - read the game like a Mr Men book, Gibson put no foot wrong, Friend had Ince in his pocket and Kalas was the unsung hero. What a player he is.

There wasn't a lot in the first half. Derby had more possession and came out the blocks like a race horse but didn't threaten too often, however Boro looked the more likely to score. Off the ball Derby tried to close down our options by tight man marking and pressing our defenders when in possession. For a while Boro found it hard to find a ball in to feet in the final third because we were initially struggling to find Leadbitter and Clayton in space.

Everything Derby did revolved around Will Hughes, a very good little player, but they had little upfront.The Vossen chance was the closest we came, but we were solid defensively and that gave us the confidence to look for a goal.

Boro looked more positive 2nd half and took control of the game. Both teams 100% committed. It would be unfair on Derby to say wanted it more because both sides were giving it blood and guts. The goal obviously changed the flow of the game with Leadbitter & Clayton sitting a little deeper to provide no room in front of the 18 yard box for Derby to work their 1-2's and intricate stuff.

From then on we defended well as we know we can and limited Derby to lumping the ball in the box which by and large we dealt with save one or two mistimed headers.

Match ratings

Dimi 8 - was put under a lot of pressure from constant back passes due to Derby's closing down of our defenders. Dealt with aerial balls superbly

Kalas 8 - not one foot wrong

Friend 8 - superb. Dealt with Ince brilliantly and often posed his own threat

Woodgate 9 - the architect of the defence

Gibson 8 - attacked everything and gave little ground

Clayton 7 - not quite at the races 1st half but back to his best 2nd half

Leadbitter 8 - the corner stone of our success. Battled like a warrior

Tomlin 8 - match winning pass.

Adomah 8 - for the 2nd game running he was almost my MOTM. Superb outlet and worked his socks off to help defensively

Vossen 7 - battled for everything. Could've been more clinical with his final ball but a minor point

Bamford 9 - the difference.

Foreshaw 6 - closed the ball wel and killed some vital time in the corner.

Reach 6 - as above

Nsue 6 - won important headers durin aerial bombardment

A note for the fantastic atmosphere in our end too. None stop.

Gettin!!

Love the bitterness and pure hatred at time on their forum.

"Hope he gets snapped etc" - Classy that.

"Plays for a club in a part of the country that is an absolute poohole" - Original, considering Derby is obviously the capital of culture and such a nice place.

"As for the game, he won't score from inside Keogh's pocket" - LOL!

How dare we beat the best team to grace planet football, in front of the best fans ever. Think they need to look at their expectations a bit, then give their heads a wobble, I saw predictions of 6, 7 and 8 one/nil - tongue in cheek or not, not sure but they now just look like bigger muppets than the ones spouting off beforehand

Lets hope their injuries last a bit longer then, Come on Wolves!

"Plays for a club in a part of the country that is an absolute poohole" - Original, considering Derby is obviously the capital of culture and such a nice place.

How dare we beat the best team to grace planet football, in front of the best fans ever. Think they need to look at their expectations a bit, then give their heads a wobble, I saw predictions of 6, 7 and 8 one/nil - tongue in cheek or not, not sure but they now just look like bigger muppets than the ones spouting off beforehand

Derby fans not covering themselves in glory on twitter. Some absolutely vile abuse directed at paddy eg talking about his dead relatives.

Some people need to get a grip :(

I saw that, and it seems to be one particular moron. But then a lot of other Derby fans laughing about it like it's the height of sophisticated comedy. Poor show.

Must admit although the Derby fans haven't covered themselves in glory over social media: Forums, Twitter ect.

The noise they made last night particularly the stand left of us was fantastic, fair play to them, although they soon quitened off once we'd scored.

Nothing made me happier than Bamford celebrating infront of them after the stick they were giving him (and Vossen btw) I think they needed to either buy a pair of glasses or look at the number on his back before booing

Good win away from home, can't stop smiling today, on to Bournemouth!