oneBoro Forum

Boro V Derby County (A) 1-0

Still buzzing after last night, the rest of the pub thought I was doing an Irish jig when Bam Bam scored. So we are on a roll, Bournemouth to come and nearly all of our squad are fit and raring to go, and what happens next week, another bloody `International Break`. Why oh why do we have to lose our Saturday football and play 3 games in 7 days sometimes just to accommodate Hodgson's no hopers beating yet another part time team such as `San Marino`, `Faroe Islands`,`Cyprus`, Scotland etc. It is not as if our players are even involved and precious few from other Championship teams. Let the no hopers have their own qualifying league which would cut down dramatically on these wasted week-ends.

• Replies 676
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

i wonder how much of a influence the fact that AK regularly chats with JM   had on our performance and the way to deal with games like last nights game .  it was a very chelsky/mourinhoesque outcome in a way  i think .

A few other points on last night...

its a moot point now but we were denied another stone wall penalty last night late on when Reach raced clear in to the box only to be dragged down. Nailed on penalty.

Secondly Leadbitter took some serious damage on about the 60 minute mark. He crashed in to a 50/50 with 2 Derby players and came out with studs marks to his shins. Took him a long time to recover.

Also worth noting that Bamford missed a 1 on 1 sitter late on after carrying out THAT TURN again on their defender. It looked majestic but he was knackered by the time he made it to the box.

Oh and Jelle took another ball to the face and another bloodied nose as a result. He must be due a transfusion by now :D

Bamford said afterwards both of his legs cramped up as he was running into their box at the end. Still should probably have buried it but that's a decent excuse I suppose!

Radio mentioned that we did the whole warm up prior to the game suggesting to Derby that we would play bam bam on the right, vossen up top, Tomlin in behind and Albert on the left....

I think this is brilliant! Surely A it or got this little idea off his buddy from Chelsea? :)

Really hope we get to enjoy Aitor for at least a couple more years! Can really see this guy having a massive career.

How good does it feel to be a Boro fan right now? I said yesterday before the game lets win the next 2 and take the league by storm, realistically I didn't think it was possible but now I think it's actually going to happen :D

its a moot point now but we were denied another stone wall penalty last night late on when Reach raced clear in to the box only to be dragged down. Nailed on penalty.

Secondly Leadbitter took some serious damage on about the 60 minute mark. He crashed in to a 50/50 with 2 Derby players and came out with studs marks to his shins. Took him a long time to recover.

Also worth noting that Bamford missed a 1 on 1 sitter late on after carrying out THAT TURN again on their defender. It looked majestic but he was knackered by the time he made it to the box.

Oh and Jelle took another ball to the face and another bloodied nose as a result. He must be due a transfusion by now :D

Leadbitter also didn't pick up a booking, with Wigan coming up after Bournemouth is anyone else wanting Leadbitter booked v Bournemouth so he is back for Watford? Gets it out the way, and you would thought Forshaw could do the job, plus he would have a point to prove against Wigan.

Leadbitter also didn't pick up a booking, with Wigan coming up after Bournemouth is anyone else wanting Leadbitter booked v Bournemouth so he is back for Watford? Gets it out the way, and you would thought Forshaw could do the job, plus he would have a point to prove against Wigan.

he will get a two game ban for 10 yellow cards, so he will miss the watford game too!

he just has to be a good little boy and not mouth off to the referee

he will get a two game ban for 10 yellow cards, so he will miss the watford game too!

Don't yellow cards get wiped out during the international break? I think that happened in the last ones.

Correct me if Im wrong but doesn't the cut off date for yellow card suspensions happen at the beginning of April so if Leadbitter doesn't get booked against Bournemouth then he will have the opportunity to get booked 6 more times before the end of the season for a ban?

I swear its something like that and if im right then that will be a massive boost for Leadbitter to go through till the end of the season

Thought that after I posted. He picked up a pointless booking at Forest as well which could of been avoided if he kept his mouth shut. Never mind, I hope he doesn't then, maybe have him on the bench for Wigan if he comes out the Bournemouth game without a booking.