oneBoro Forum

Boro V Derby County (A) 1-0

The derby fans a funny bunch first they tell us that Derby have by far the "best squad in the league" then their get a couple of injurys and thats to blame for current bad form.

Derby fan here in peace. Came to have a browse of your forum and thought I would explain this. I don't think we have the best squad in the league. I think we have the 5th best squad in the league, there are enough games to get you into the order you deserve to be in. However, you have to appreciate that we have good squad depth and we have had AWFUL luck in terms of where the injuries have hit us in this run in. We have 3DM's, all 3 of which are out with long term injuries (Thorne, Mascarell, Eustace). We have 2 target men, both are out with injuries (Bent, Martin). If we had 5 injuries but they were spread between more positions we wouldn't be struggling the same as we are now.

I'm not saying the injuries are the reason we are not 50000 miles ahead of everyone else, but to say that it hasn't affected our form would be strange.

By the way, I think that you are going to go up as champions with Bournemouth. I'm not sure why your fans seem to dislike our club so much though, some of you seem bitter even though you won!

Either way, I hope we can go up through the playoffs now but I don't see it happening.

I'll stick around so you can all ridicule me for a while.

• Replies 676
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Don't think anyone is going to ridicule you mate. You've come on here with sensible points. Most of our ' bitterness' is aimed at the fools who post on the DCFC forum that derby are streets ahead of everyone, none of our players would get in the derby team etc etc we are a tinpot club with no fans bla bla bla yet here we are after beating your good selves TWICE (comfortably) while having a nice 5 point cushion on you :) I promise that's my only slight dig

Don't expect to be ridiculed, just the fans on that forum seem to be a little over exciteable, especially earlier in the season, feels good to have proved them wrong, that's all.

I agree you have been hit unlucky with injuries, we too have had our fair share of injuries too though, we had 3 right backs missing at one point and also only had one centre half capable of playing at this level fit at one point too, until we loaned in Kalas from chelsea.

It is unlucky that all these injuries have hit you at once but that is what a squad is for, things like this happen to clubs regularly and for the fans on the forum to be so optimistic over being top for a while was a little bit silly due to things like these injuries and hitting a run of poor form.

It isn't over yet and you don't see too many of us getting too carried away as we know anything can still happen with 24 points left to play for, it wasn't too long a go you were 5 points clear of us, things can soon change so i wouldn't rule anything out as yet

Don't think anyone is going to ridicule you mate. You've come on here with sensible points. Most of our ' bitterness' is aimed at the fools who post on the DCFC forum that derby are streets ahead of everyone, none of our players would get in the derby team etc etc

I post on that forum but indeed there are some that have their Derby tinted glasses on and see us as far too good for this league. They are wrong.

You have to appreciate that I think lots of our fans (including me) still have deep underlying scars after the 07/08 season and want to see our team put that right. Whilst we are a Championship side we can't do it though. I think of all the fans in the league ours are probably the most desperate to get back in that league and show some worth.

Top that off with last years playoff final defeat when we "should have" for lack of better wording gone up then seeing us do this now is painful. I think that our fans worry that if we fail this season we are going to do a Brighton and who can blame us?

The derby fans a funny bunch first they tell us that Derby have by far the "best squad in the league" then their get a couple of injurys and thats to blame for current bad form.

Derby fan here in peace. Came to have a browse of your forum and thought I would explain this. I don't think we have the best squad in the league. I think we have the 5th best squad in the league, there are enough games to get you into the order you deserve to be in. However, you have to appreciate that we have good squad depth and we have had AWFUL luck in terms of where the injuries have hit us in this run in. We have 3DM's, all 3 of which are out with long term injuries (Thorne, Mascarell, Eustace). We have 2 target men, both are out with injuries (Bent, Martin). If we had 5 injuries but they were spread between more positions we wouldn't be struggling the same as we are now.

I'm not saying the injuries are the reason we are not 50000 miles ahead of everyone else, but to say that it hasn't affected our form would be strange.

By the way, I think that you are going to go up as champions with Bournemouth. I'm not sure why your fans seem to dislike our club so much though, some of you seem bitter even though you won!

Either way, I hope we can go up through the playoffs now but I don't see it happening.

i think the bitterness comes from comments on the DCFC forum, its the comments about attendances, tinpot club, hell hole of a town and how the Derby Squad is the greatest thing since slice bread comments.

i will be honest some of the posters on their are very level headed, its those who type before thinking who a lot the people on here have a problem with. feel free to stick around, we alwasys welcome (sensible) views from the opposite side of the fence.

on a side point do you think Steve should have gone in for another target man in the loan window? do you think you can turn it around? or maybe not even make the playoffs?

Good post peaceful ram.

It highlighted for me that injuries are scuppering Derby's push at a crucial stage in the season.

AK's policy of rotation has ensured we are going into the last 8 games with every single match winning player fit and raring to go. Despite getting stick for it he knew what he was doing, and it's the first season I can remember since time that we are not lamenting vital injuries impinging upon our chances during the run-in.

i think the bitterness comes from comments on the DCFC forum, its the comments about attendances, tinpot club, hell hole of a town and how the Derby Squad is the greatest thing since slice bread comments.

i will be honest some of the posters on their are very level headed, its those who type before thinking who a lot the people on here have a problem with. feel free to stick around, we alwasys welcome (sensible) views from the opposite side of the fence.

on a side point do you think Steve should have gone in for another target man in the loan window? do you think you can turn it around? or maybe not even make the playoffs?

I think that he probably has gone for other players in the window looking for an emergency loan but there must be no one available that fits the bill. We did earlier in the season when Grant was injured and got in Jack Butland. Rumour is that we have a list of 10 players on a wall somewhere at the iPro for every position within our team. I doubt he has just hoped for them to return for the international break and us just hang on until then. All season he has talked about "being in it for the final 10 games" so I don't see why he would not try get someone in.

Do I think we can turn it around? Depend in what context. I don't think we can get automatic promotion, no. I think that we can get the playoffs and probably will if Martin/Bent (pick one) and Thorne return. After that, who knows, after what happened last year I don't think any of us will have any confidence going into them. It's a cruel way to not go up, but great if you manage to win it! We've been on both ends so I know the feeling of both!

I'm surprised there isn't another striker at the club that can play. I think even a youngster would be better than sticking Russell into that position. It weakens you across the field.

Anyway I hope you get up through the playoffs (be nice to have a 6 point start in the prem).

I'm surprised there isn't another striker at the club that can play. I think even a youngster would be better than sticking Russell into that position. It weakens you across the field.

Anyway I hope you get up through the playoffs (be nice to have a 6 point start in the prem).

Russell played as striker for Dundee and we bought him as a striker, he just doesnt fit our play style in that position. We have Thomas who came on for the final 15 minutes against you but he isn't ready for this level yet. He had a spell at Notts County and started 5 games, scoring 0 goals and getting a red card so I doubt we will risk that! Maybe at Wolves now though as we don't have much to lose before going into the break where we are expecting Martin/Bent back.

We discussed this last time we played Derby. They have salty fans, we have salty fans. We are in no way better mannered.

Well said.

I don't think the net is a true reflection of fans thoughts anyway, there is a huge silent majority. A lot of their comments are throwaway that can be taken with a pinch of salt and you can say the same for us too.

UTB ☻

Derby have the best attendances, best team, play the best football, best manager, and the bestestest everything in fact. They are simply superior to us in every conceivable way possible. It is incredibly arrogant to suggest anything otherwise. Have you guys learned nothing from reading the Derby forums....

I'm not surprised that no Derby fans have came on here post-match. They must be struggling with the reality that the mighty Rams, with their full stadium and all that, got took to the slaughter and turned into a stale piece of mutton by us, made all the bit tougher by our sub 20,000 attendances.