oneBoro Forum
Downsouth

Boro V Derby County (A) 1-0

Do you think Foreshaw may start in a number 10 role? thought he looked vidy tidy on Saturday.

Why not set up exactly how we did last time out and give them the problem of how to brake it rather than trying to change tactics?, just work on a plan b in training just in case plan a fails then u have a buffer.

Guest Changing Times

Because they'll be expecting that?

Ah but if they know that we think they'll be expecting it then they'll expect us to change it to what they don't think we will do so they will be expecting us to do what they don't expect us to do and therefore we should do what we think that they don't think we should do.

It's easy this tactics lark.

Ah but if they know that we think they'll be expecting it then they'll expect us to change it to what they don't think we will do so they will be expecting us to do what they don't expect us to do and therefore we should do what we think that they don't think we should do.

But they would expect us to think like that

Maybe, but could they cope with it?

Let them expect it... Let play to our strengths and don't mess about changing formation/Players.

Why not just play the way we did when we beat them 2-0.. No need to mess about IMO.

because football's not that simple

Why not set up exactly how we did last time out and give them the problem of how to brake it rather than trying to change tactics?, just work on a plan b in training just in case plan a fails then u have a buffer.

Ayala's out injured and we don't know it Woody can play so soon after his last match. If he can't do you bring big ken back or move Kalas in one. If you move Kalas in one then who goes to RB?

Plus the result against Ipswich was better than the performance. 

Vossen was invisible first half and the inclusion of a Tomlin (or Forshaw) can give us an extra body in midfield. Reach was poor but provides balance to the team and gets the best out of Friend and allows Double A to play on the right.

Double A's on fire at the moment and I really want to see him on the right until the end of the season.

Guest Changing Times

Hmmm fair point, I hadn't even considered that.  And what if McClaren has employed a leading psychic to help him anticipate what we're going to do, we're stuffed either way.  Now, if we'd employed a voodoo doctor then we could block their psychic's powers but we didn't bring one in last summer because apparently we thought it would be better to spend £3m on a striker that can't even score any goals...I'm go angry me right now  :@

Why not just play the way we did when we beat them 2-0.. No need to mess about IMO.

Ayala's out injured and we don't know it Woody can play so soon after his last match. If he can't do you bring big ken back or move Kalas in one. If you move Kalas in one then who goes to RB?

Vossen was invisible first half and the inclusion of a Tomlin (or Forshaw) can give us an extra body in midfield. Reach was poor but provides balance to the team and gets the best out of Friend and allows Double A to play on the right.

Double A's on fire at the moment and I really want to see him on the right until the end of the season.

When I say play the way we did when we beat them 2-0 I do mean set up in the same way and have the same approach to the game... Obviousy the performance might not be as good but hey it might be even better....

So yes it is that simple, Play your best team.. Whats so hard about that.

Ah but if they know that we think they'll be expecting it then they'll expect us to change it to what they don't think we will do. So they will be expecting us to do what they don't expect us to do and therefore we should do what we think that they don't think we should do.

Hmmm fair point, I hadn't even considered that.  And what if McClaren has employed a leading psychic to help him anticipate what we're going to do, we're stuffed either way.  Now, if we'd employed a voodoo doctor then we could block their psychic's powers but we didn't bring one in last summer because apparently we thought it would be better to spend £3m on a striker that can't even score any goals...I'm go angry me right now  :@

I see.... It's one of those situations where we know how to beat them. But they know we know that so they will act differently. Luckily for us we know that they know, they know what we know all about them so if we change what they know we know by not changing anything. They now don't know we know that they know we know ...... Simples

Unless they anticipate that. In that case were screwed :s

When I say play the way we did when we beat them 2-0 I do mean set up in the same way and have the same approach to the game... Obviousy the performance might not be as good but hey it might be even better....

So yes it is that simple, Play your best team.. Whats so hard about that.

We were poor as a team in the first half and Adomah was the only good player in the first half.. To pick out Vossen is just silly.

Derby are going to be set up different to the game at the riverside with Martin out. I think they have been playing russel upfront, Not the most physical forward so not a bad game for Ayala to miss. I think we need pace in the right back role to deal with Tom Ince.

If fredrics is fit i would play him if not Nsue. With Kalas moving alongside Gibson. (I can't see woody playing 2 games in 3 days.)

Derby are going to be set up different to the game at the riverside with Martin out. I think they have been playing russel upfront, Not the most physical forward so not a bad game for Ayala to miss. I think we need pace in the right back role to deal with Tom Ince.

If fredrics is fit i would play him if not Nsue. With Kalas moving alongside Gibson. (I can't see woody playing 2 games in 3 days.)

Fredricks is definitely out for this one so imagine it will be Nsue anyway

Big difference between being poor and invisible

So what's our best team for Tuesday then?

If Ayala is out.. Woodgate if hes fit to replace him, If hes not then I would start Nsue at right back and shuffle Kalas back to CB... Keep the same starting line up apart from that..... So just one change if Ayala is out.

I just deleted that last bit... I wouldn't do it in this game.