oneBoro Forum

Boro V AFC Bournemouth (A) 0-3

Whilst there is no room for sentiment in a promotion battle I must confess my admiration for Bournemouth, Eddie Howe and their staff. What a remarkable achievement to have come back from the brink of disaster and the be up there with us and playing such attractive football. respect is due and I hope they go up with us, still want us to muller them on Saturday, though I would settle for a point now.

• Replies 569
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Main thing is don't loose a draw takes us 3 clear of 3rd but a win would open up a 5 point gap going into the break between us and 3rd

A draw will only take us 2 points clear of 3rd place as Bournemouth will also be getting a point :P

Atm I'm not that worried about Watford as it's more important that we keep the other 22 teams below us. A point would be excellent as we'd stay in the auto's and everything will be in our own hands.

Same team as against Derby.

3-0 Bournemouth.

The ghost of Harry Redknapp's chequing account and us relegating them in 1990 to come back and haunt us on the South Coast.

Seriously, I'd be happy with another boring 0-0. A win would basically give us a 5 point gap - which would be huge at this stage of the season. What worries me is that Bournemouth are a side that play with nothing to lose. They didn't start the season as promotion candidates and they are flying past expectations right now. Even if they got into the playoffs, it might be massive for them and there isn't this nervous attitude that is pervading the likes of Derby and Norwich who were rightly dogged as top 2 before a ball was kicked.

Having said all that, they play a style of football that suits us to the ground. They won't sit back and defend. They will come at us and that is just luverly for us.

I still think ourselves, Norwich and Watford have the strongest squads in the entire league but Bournemouth, you just never know. Their record against the top 6 sides is rather poor. 1-0 over Brentford and a farce of a game against Watford where they play against ten-men for 89 minutes.

Do we fear them, or whatever game the referee decides to play?

Saying that BOurnemouth play with nothing to lose just because the weren't expected to be up there pre season is a load of BS, in my mind anyway. They will know exactly what is at stake and having been up there the entire season promotion is theirs to lose. They will be as nervous as anyone and maybe even more so because they havn't got players that have been there before.

There is no way they'll be thinking "oh well, we are not suppose to be here anyway so we might aswell just play without thinking about promotion". They are probably thinking "og ***, now is when results matter, we have been up here the entire season and what happens if we win or lose. The playoffs is a lottery and we donøt want that. but what if... Will this be my only chance of a Prem move".

They will be nervous. Just like any other team in the top-8

Got to admit I think this will be a cracking game, the reverse fixture was a good game to witness, all it will take is for Boro to score and we could see one of the best games of the season.

Good home record so far for Bournemouth and they are due a home defeat!

I've noticed in a few of our games lately we are letting teams have shots from outside the box. I don't think we can afford to do this against Bournemouth they have a few players who are capable of long range shots.

Whats to worry about , we do better against these teams anyway. Of the teams in the Top 6 we have so far won 5 and drawn 2 so far this season , with no defeats.

2-1 to Boro with Paddy and Vossen getting the goals.

Ipswich to nick a point at Watford and us Top in the break

Simples.........

This is how the top 8 teams have done against each other so far in a 'mini league'

https://twitter.com/matt_furniss/status/578491384765784064

The reading is good, it shows we perform, however it shows that we have a tougher run in having only played 10 games, the lowest of the top 8.

I like most will take a point from this game

I would keep the same team from Tuesday, although i doubt Woody will be able to play twice in a week.

Would love to see Woody in the Team for Saturday but I'm not sure his old body can handle three games in a few days, might he Kalas and Gibson with Nsue at right back if Fredericks is still out.

This is how the top 8 teams have done against each other so far in a 'mini league'

https://twitter.com/matt_furniss/status/578491384765784064

The reading is good, it shows we perform, however it shows that we have a tougher run in having only played 10 games, the lowest of the top 8.

I like most will take a point from this game

I would keep the same team from Tuesday, although i doubt Woody will be able to play twice in a week.

But it also shows we do better in playing the tougher games than the "not so tougher games" :)

This is such a big weekend not just our game either. Its mindbending looking through the possibilities.

I enjoy watching Bournemouth play and think they've consistently been the best team in the league. They play attacking football and aren't scared to shoot. Someone else mention the goals they get from distance which we will need to be wary of as well as the pace and skill of Wilson.

I wish we'd signed him last summer. If we go up I'd rather take the chance on Wilson than Rhodes.

To this game it will be a big test Bournemouth nearly always score first at home and I feel that we don't really come from behind. First goal will be massive going for a draw in this game and Ipswich to do us a favour

We have the best ppg against the top 8 sides in the league and the best ppg against the bottom 8.

Where we have been let down is against the middle 8 sides where we have the 17th best record!

Stupid Leeds and Sheff Wed!!