oneBoro Forum

Boro V AFC Bournemouth (A) 0-3

A point would be a great result for us, keeping us in that automatic spot! I would pay anything for a win though, psychologically to come out of this week with 9 points, and 5 points clear of second would be a dream!

• Replies 569
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

We have the best ppg against the top 8 sides in the league and the best ppg against the bottom 8.

Where we have been let down is against the middle 8 sides where we have the 17th best record!

Stupid Leeds and Sheff Wed!!

Are these figures on the top 8 teams now or teams that were in the top 8 at the time we played them?

For the 3 games in the "week of destiny" I'd have settled for 6 points from them so after beating Ipswich and Derby I will view anything we get from this game as a bonus. A draw would be great, but a win would be incredible as it would send us 5 points clear of 3rd place with just 7 games to play. That would be a huge gap that will ramp up our hopes and it will feel as if it is our promotion to lose.

We have the best ppg against the top 8 sides in the league and the best ppg against the bottom 8.

Where we have been let down is against the middle 8 sides where we have the 17th best record!

Stupid Leeds and Sheff Wed!!

Are these figures on the top 8 teams now or teams that were in the top 8 at the time we played them?

the top 8 now

www.statto.com/football/stats/england/league-championship/2014-2015/versus-top-third

Just going by the commentary Tomlin was like a fish out of water defensively ( Forgot who said that) and found it quite tough defensively, Hats off to him coming up with a bit of magic to set Bamford up for the winner.... But imo if he starts on the left against Bournemouth I think we will get beat, Ritchie is a really good player and I think he will have a field day and that's how I think they would win the game... If Tomlin has got to play then put him just behind Bamford, I would start with Reach on the left and give him the job of keeping Ritchie quiet.

AK has confirmed there are no new injury worries for the Bournemouth game so would imagine it will be the same squad as the Derby game.

Did not see confirmation of Ayala though so if fit would probably expect Woody to play

With Bournemouth's being so dangerous offensively I don't think we will be able to take the bold step of putting Tomlin on LW again as he would leave us vulnerable defensively. I'd rather Reach start as he should help us soak up pressure that Bournemouth will put us under. Bamford has to start in strike again.

It's funny because I am nowhere as nervous about this game than I was with the Derby game because I have realised that we do have a good football team and not only in the eyes of Boro supporters but other teams fans.

For once I can really see that Bournemouth will be just as concerned about us as we are them and who knows just how much second guessing there will be.

Look at Tomlin for instance, teams know that he can produce a pass of such significance that defences can be breached so will they go for two players to mark him out of the game? If so spaces will occur for the likes of Vossen (if selected) and we know how well he can pass.

A high tempo chess game could unfold on Saturday

Karanka has a tough choice who to play in the #10 role. Tomlin is better working in tight areas, in particular an eye for a killer pass, whereas Vossen's work rate could force Bournemouth into a defensive mistake which they've been vulnerable to this season.

Following Tuesdays results the psychology of this game for Bournemouth must have changed to a must not loose game. They've won 3 of the last 4 but they are their only 3 wins in the last 9. Could the draw have knocked the stuffing out of them especially after the not given goal on Tuesday.

I don't think this game will be won or lost by the players, for me it's the manager who's tactics will win the game.

For the first 15-20 minutes i'd expect to see a lot of long balls and wide play from ourselves, meaning it would be difficult for Bournemouth to counter attack us as they do so effectively, once we've settled into the game i'd expect us to try and get the ball down and pass it and try and effectively win the game in the second half.

This sort of game is where Aitor earns his money, i'm sure he'll be taking some advice off his mate down the road at Chelsea.