• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

6 points from 3 games, that's the magical 2 points per game. Can't ask for more than that.

The magical 2 points per game is over the course of a season not just a few games that's picked to support an argument. We've played 39 games and have 72 points. We are 6 points adrift of 2 per game.

So before this week you wouldn't have taken 6 points from these 3 games? If the answer is no then you're deluded.

6 points from 3 games, that's the magical 2 points per game. Can't ask for more than that.

What a load of rubbish. Today was a 6 pointer whichever way you look at it. Could if been 5 infront of bmouth with good goal difference now we are a point behind with worst GD in the top 6 or so. Mind boggling how people can't see that

I must've missed the part where I said I was happy with losing today. Make no mistake about it, I am very disappointed that we lost today and even more disappointed by the manner in which we did. But have a bit of ***ing perspective and look at the bigger picture, we've got 6 points from 3 games against our direct rivals and as it stands we are 1 point off the top of the league.

Losing 4 out of the last 5 away from home is a concern I have to say, I wonder now if the Fulham away game will be televised?

It's 4 out of 6 isn't it? And one was ***nal.

But yes, either way it's not what we need after our away showings have been so positive up until now.

The I/B would have been a sweeter break had we not lost but onwards and upwards against a team that are once again losing, and hopefully for once we can put Wigan to the sword at home

Bournemouth fan in peace.

Probably our best performance of the season given the opposition, never expected us to be so comfortable. Never let you settle.

I can understand Boro being upset about the 2nd penalty (which we are all agreed it shouldn't have been), but (with my referee hat on) it's not straight and clear cut as "it's either a dive or a penalty".

I've seen the replays. I don't think it looked like a dive.

Arter went down because he lost his footing, due to either tripping or because there was contact of some sort.

It just didn't LOOK like simulation to me, either in real time (I was close to the incident) or viewing it on TV afterwards. Arter himself said after the game that he did not dive.

It's pretty clear from the replays that there was no contact, so Arter just tripped up. He's running full pelt with the ball with defenders around him.

In any case, he was already on a booking. Would you risk a sending off at 2-0 up with 15 or so still to play?

Opinion is split on our forum as to whether it was a dive or not...

Good luck for the rest of the season, as long as we finish above you :)

A win against Wigan will put us right back in, especially with all our rivals playing each other that day, a set back yes, but I would have snapped your hand off if you offered me 6 pts from the week of destiny. UTB

Bournemouth fan in peace.

Probably our best performance of the season given the opposition, never expected us to be so comfortable. Never let you settle.

I can understand Boro being upset about the 2nd penalty (which we are all agreed it shouldn't have been), but (with my referee hat on) it's not straight and clear cut as "it's either a dive or a penalty".

I've seen the replays. I don't think it looked like a dive.

Arter went down because he lost his footing, due to either tripping or because there was contact of some sort.

It just didn't LOOK like simulation to me, either in real time (I was close to the incident) or viewing it on TV afterwards. Arter himself said after the game that he did not dive.

It's pretty clear from the replays that there was no contact, so Arter just tripped up. He's running full pelt with the ball with defenders around him.

In any case, he was already on a booking. Would you risk a sending off at 2-0 up  with 15 or so still to play?

Good luck for the rest of the season, as long as we finish above you :)

Welcome to the forum and well done today for a comprehensive win.

The second penalty certainly has not divided opinion on here as it should not have been given however the damage was already done.

Your team in my opinion have been the most consistent team of the season so far and I feel you are in the same situation of being promoted as much as Boro and Watford and Norwich.

It will be down to however holds their nerves as the clock counts down and ensuring that not too many points are thrown away.

If I was  Cherry fan I would be extremely proud but I am a Boro fan and equally proud :)  

In any case, he was already on a booking. Would you risk a sending off at 2-0 up  with 15 or so still to play?

Of course it was a dive..