• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Arter for me blatantly went down looking for the penalty and given he was on a yellow and could have been sent of with you 2 nil up would have been a very silly mistake. I like the way Bournemouth play and you certainly deserve the plaudits your getting. Arter however in my opinion is a dirty cheat and I will be looking in future to berate him any chance I get.

6 points from 3 games, that's the magical 2 points per game. Can't ask for more than that.

The magical 2 points per game is over the course of a season not just a few games that's picked to support an argument. We've played 39 games and have 72 points. We are 6 points adrift of 2 per game.

So before this week you wouldn't have taken 6 points from these 3 games? If the answer is no then you're deluded.

The point is we have not been a 2 point a game team over the course of a season picking three games and going woo hoo we've got 2 points a game is meaningless.

Its as meaningless as saying we've got 1.5 points per game in the last two games or no points a game in the last one.

What counts is over the course of a season and at this point we are short of that. Over the last ten games we are 1.6 points per game (well short of the 2 points per game).

To address this week have we really done anymore than what you'd expect against an average Ipswich team and a Derby team with no strikers?

I've said all along we won't be top two and today's performance is part of the reason why.

I hope everyone didn't slit their wrists too early given the other results we've now seen.

It's going to be like this for the remaining 7 games, so unpredictable. Just hope we dot put another performance like that in in the remaining games.

So before this week you wouldn't have taken 6 points from these 3 games? If the answer is no then you're deluded.

I suppose the counter to that would be something like, would we have taken 0 points from Leeds, Forest and Sheff Wed and obviously nobody would.  Personally I didn't expect to get six points so in that respect this week has been better than I believed it would be. However, the end result is still that we aren't in the top two.

In any case, he was already on a booking. Would you risk a sending off at 2-0 up  with 15 or so still to play?

Opinion is split on our forum as to whether it was a dive or not...

Of course it was a dive..

Unless he just suddenly lost the ability to use his legs and feet it's 100% a dive

If we'd have had Woodgate or Ayala in the back four today it would have been a different story.

We've got a two week break to recover and we'll be fighting fit for the last seven games.

UTB

Ayala and Frederick's should be fit for the next game... Maybe we will have a new player too.

Lets hope its a decent defender or a decent midfielder after todays game our weakness's were there for all to see.

Leadbitter isn't half the player whilst he is trying to make sure he doesn't get another booking may as well have 10 men on the pitch then we are also carrying Reach so that put us down to 9 and then Kalas well that made it 8 Boro players out there working their socks off.

The only thing missing out there today was the ref not wearing a Bournemouth shirt after those diabolical penalty's.

Got to give them some credit they wanted it more and that second goal was a screamer.

Still it could have been worse, thank you Ipswich Town.

Jeff Stelling was ranting and raving about the two penalties being unfair and now I have seen the first one again I have to agree with him though at the time I thought it was.

However was reminded we did nowt in the game

Bournemouth fan in peace.

Probably our best performance of the season given the opposition, never expected us to be so comfortable. Never let you settle.

I can understand Boro being upset about the 2nd penalty (which we are all agreed it shouldn't have been), but (with my referee hat on) it's not straight and clear cut as "it's either a dive or a penalty".

I've seen the replays. I don't think it looked like a dive.

Arter went down because he lost his footing, due to either tripping or because there was contact of some sort.

It just didn't LOOK like simulation to me, either in real time (I was close to the incident) or viewing it on TV afterwards. Arter himself said after the game that he did not dive.

It's pretty clear from the replays that there was no contact, so Arter just tripped up. He's running full pelt with the ball with defenders around him.

In any case, he was already on a booking. Would you risk a sending off at 2-0 up  with 15 or so still to play?

Opinion is split on our forum as to whether it was a dive or not...

Good luck for the rest of the season, as long as we finish above you :)

First of all, welcome, always great to have other teams supporters on the forum.

Secondly, if you don't think that's a dive you're absolutely deluded. He went down practically appealing for the penalty before her hit the floor. He cheated, and that's a fact.