• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Bournemouth fan in peace.

Probably our best performance of the season given the opposition, never expected us to be so comfortable. Never let you settle.

I can understand Boro being upset about the 2nd penalty (which we are all agreed it shouldn't have been), but (with my referee hat on) it's not straight and clear cut as "it's either a dive or a penalty".

I've seen the replays. I don't think it looked like a dive.

Arter went down because he lost his footing, due to either tripping or because there was contact of some sort.

It just didn't LOOK like simulation to me, either in real time (I was close to the incident) or viewing it on TV afterwards. Arter himself said after the game that he did not dive.

It's pretty clear from the replays that there was no contact, so Arter just tripped up. He's running full pelt with the ball with defenders around him.

In any case, he was already on a booking. Would you risk a sending off at 2-0 up  with 15 or so still to play?

Opinion is split on our forum as to whether it was a dive or not...

Good luck for the rest of the season, as long as we finish above you :)

First of all, welcome, always great to have other teams supporters on the forum.

Secondly, if you don't think that's a dive you're absolutely deluded. He went down practically appealing for the penalty before her hit the floor. He cheated, and that's a fact.

Sounds like a very biased referee to me.

Ayala and Frederick's should be fit for the next game... Maybe we will have a new player too.

Lets hope its a decent defender or a decent midfielder after todays game our weakness's were there for all to see.

Leadbitter isn't half the player whilst he is trying to make sure he doesn't get another booking may as well have 10 men on the pitch then we are also carrying Reach so that put us down to 9 and then Kalas well that made it 8 Boro players out there working their socks off.

The only thing missing out there today was the ref not wearing a Bournemouth shirt after those diabolical penalty's.

Got to give them some credit they wanted it more and that second goal was a screamer.

Still it could have been worse, thank you Ipswich Town.

Penalties?

the first one was absolutely stonewall, I hope you're seriously not complaining about that one. Kalas got rinsed by Wilson and committed the foul trying to recover.

Btw, I really like Kalas, but my god he was pants today. Although Gibson wasn't much better. 

Arter saying "there may not have been contact but I didn't dive" lying ***. He dove, the whole world knows he dove. god damn it. Silver lining at least we didn't lose 1-0 thanks to that penalty, that would have been killer.

Bournemouth fan in peace.

Probably our best performance of the season given the opposition, never expected us to be so comfortable. Never let you settle.

I can understand Boro being upset about the 2nd penalty (which we are all agreed it shouldn't have been), but (with my referee hat on) it's not straight and clear cut as "it's either a dive or a penalty".

I've seen the replays. I don't think it looked like a dive.

Arter went down because he lost his footing, due to either tripping or because there was contact of some sort.

It just didn't LOOK like simulation to me, either in real time (I was close to the incident) or viewing it on TV afterwards. Arter himself said after the game that he did not dive.

It's pretty clear from the replays that there was no contact, so Arter just tripped up. He's running full pelt with the ball with defenders around him.

In any case, he was already on a booking. Would you risk a sending off at 2-0 up  with 15 or so still to play?

Opinion is split on our forum as to whether it was a dive or not...

Good luck for the rest of the season, as long as we finish above you :)

You must be joking....

Arter went down because he lost his footing

It's pretty clear from the replays that there was no contact, so Arter just tripped up. 

Two key points from your comment and you are "on the fence" whether it was dive?

Also "Arter himself said after the game that he did not dive." are you actually using this as evidence that it wasn't a dive? do you think he would come out on cameras and say "yes I dived".

Jesus Christ, some people.

To be honest i felt there was a shout earlier before the first penalty as well although it would have been softbi have seen them given. The first penalty i personally had no complaints i felt Kalas was clumsy and essentially got himself in a situation where it was either a penalty or a clear chance on goal. The second was not a penalty it was a dive and given the fact this season could potentially come down to goal difference it could prove costly for us. Having said that the way we played 2-0 would have been flattering but the third was not a penalty. Theres still plenty of twists in this season Bournemouth looked good but seem to always be a coupon buster when i back them. I may have to start backing them more often :).

So before this week you wouldn't have taken 6 points from these 3 games? If the answer is no then you're deluded.

I suppose the counter to that would be something like, would we have taken 0 points from Leeds, Forest and Sheff Wed and obviously nobody would.  Personally I didn't expect to get six points so in that respect this week has been better than I believed it would be. However, the end result is still that we aren't in the top two.

To that I would agree, but everyone was ****ing themselves about this week and what it could have done to our Automatic promotion hopes and we have come through this week with more points than the majority of us expected/predicted. It's just quite frustrating seeing people ***ing their pants because we lost a game against a very effective team who seem to score goals for fun.

Our destiny is still very much in our hands, both Watford and Bournemouth have tough games in the next set of fixtures whilst we have Wigan at the riverside, win that game and we will more than likely be back in the top 2. People need to put the result today into perspective rather than just coming on and declaring that we're *** and won't make top 2 because we lost to Bournemouth.

To that I would agree, but everyone was ****ing themselves about this week and what it could have done to our Automatic promotion hopes and we have come through this week with more points than the majority of us expected/predicted. It's just quite frustrating seeing people *** their pants because we lost a game against a very effective team who seem to score goals for fun.

Our destiny is still very much in our hands, both Watford and Bournemouth have tough games in the next set of fixtures whilst we have Wigan at the riverside, win that game and we will more than likely be back in the top 2. People need to put the result today into perspective rather than just coming on and declaring that we're *** and won't make top 2 because we lost to Bournemouth.

Yeah I would agree.  The disappointing thing I guess is that we did well enough this week but buggered it up prior to that in the games I mentioned, which in some way negates the positives.  But two wins from these three games is good work.  We are now getting to the point where we can't afford any slip ups though, whether the game in question is regarded as being difficult or not.  If we could get two draws at Norwich and Watford and win the rest that would do me fine.  Trouble is that I'm not sure whether we can achieve that.  If we can then I think that will be enough for promotion and it will have been an impressive run in from us.

To be honest Will, I think it was The 'can't ask for more than that' wording that got such a reaction - I was one of those who disagreed, only because whilst yes, we got a brilliant 6 points prior to the game, and yes, we all would have taken 6 points before the 'week of destiny', it was just the manner in which we put in such an inept performance when we could've really pushed on and it's one of those games at the end of the season that could've been the turning point. But hey, it didn't happen today and we move on. Incidentally, I do think we'll finish in the top two, so long as we don't choke like we did today. I must admit I was concerned that as a team after the last two results we could get a bit complacent and caught up in our own hype - let's face it, it's happened before. But hopefully this was the last time - can't afford for it to happen again if top 2 is the aim - and I just don't fancy the playoffs!

To be honest Will, I think it was The 'can't ask for more than that' wording that got such a reaction - I was one of those who disagreed, only because whilst yes, we got a brilliant 6 points prior to the game, and yes, we all would have taken 6 points before the 'week of destiny', it was just the manner in which we put in such an inept performance when we could've really pushed on and it's one of those games at the end of the season that could've been the turning point. But hey, it didn't happen today and we move on. Incidentally, I do think we'll finish in the top two, so long as we don't choke like we did today. I must admit I was concerned that as a team after the last two results we could get a bit complacent and caught up in our own hype - let's face it, it's happened before. But hopefully this was the last time - can't afford for it to happen again if top 2 is the aim - and I just don't fancy the playoffs!

Fair enough mate, I guess I was just trying to look at it purely in terms of points from this week. Yes I am disappointed with the performance today but we have shown so far this season that poor performances arent a regular occurrence and we usually bounce back from them.

Perhaps we could have asked for a better performance today but I stand by what I said, realistically we could not have asked for a better points return from this week in my opinion. With the way the other results have gone this week, in my opinion, my argument has only been reinforced.

Fair enough mate, I guess I was just trying to look at it purely in terms of points from this week. Yes I am disappointed with the performance today but we have shown so far this season that poor performances arent a regular occurrence and we usually bounce back from them.

Perhaps we could have asked for a better performance today but I stand by what I said, realistically we could not have asked for a better points return from this week in my opinion. With the way the other results have gone this week, in my opinion, my argument has only been reinforced.

Fair do's, and yes, thankfully we weren't the only ones who could've done better. Onwards and upwards my friend! UTB

i agree with Will  on this discussion,  Eddie Howe said in an interview that todays all round display by Bournemouth was perhaps the best theyve had at home thisseason  and lets face it theyve had some good wins prior to this .  We simply werent allowed to get into the game  because we were  pressured  into mistakes , given very little time on the ball and  on top of that they played right to thier full potential .  if i was a nuetral giving individual ratings id struggle to giave any of thier side less than 7 and quite a few  would get 8or 9. 

its not a disaster just a game where we were second best on the day .  

having said that we cant afford to drop silly points in our home games to keep in the running for the top 2 places   and  if we can  get 5 or 6 from the away games  we wont be far off  top 2

best 3 easy today for us were  Dimi, George and  Albert   ......naughty corner  Kalas, Reach  and  Nsue 

I have just got back from the game today and would like to make a few points. Firstly we were comfortaby beaten by a better team on the day, but I want to take the positives out of it. We all know it wasn't good enough performance from anyone concerned. But I like the way kalas came over and apologised to the fans for me it shows a respect from the players that not all clubs get. He acknowledged the fact he wasn't good enough today and his apology was definitely sincere. Secondly whatever happens in the last 7 games of the season the players have done us proud as a club we have over achieved including this week 6 points out of last 3 fixtures has been brilliant.The relationship between club and fans to me is the best it's ever been with a mutual respect, I can't remember a goal keeper coach having his name chanted regularly. Now is the time to get behind the club and be proud of what they have already achieved this season.

I have just got back from the game today and would like to make a few points. Firstly we were comfortaby beaten by a better team on the day, but I want to take the positives out of it. We all know it wasn't good enough performance from anyone concerned. But I like the way kalas came over and apologised to the fans for me it shows a respect from the players that not all clubs get. He acknowledged the fact he wasn't good enough today and his apology was definitely sincere. Secondly whatever happens in the last 7 games of the season the players have done us proud as a club we have over achieved including this week 6 points out of last 3 fixtures has been brilliant.The relationship between club and fans to me is the best it's ever been with a mutual respect, I can't remember a goal keeper coach having his name chanted regularly. Now is the time to get behind the club and be proud of what they have already achieved this season.

Well said sir thats great to hear about Kalas some may not have done so in similar circumstances. Also Leadbitter didnt get booked which seemed a good possibility at some point in the last 3 games and Clayton didnt get sent off which could easily have happened.

I rate both Kalas and Gibson however it just shows how important Ayala and in the last week Woodgate was in calming the back line. Hopefully both will be available given that we have a break to recover from.