oneBoro Forum

Boro V AFC Bournemouth (A) 0-3

Well, we deservedly lost to the better side and I think probably overall a better side than we are. I thought we got our defensive mojo back against Derby but clearly that wasn't the case and unfortunately we aren't that good without it.

Bournemouth were quite direct but anyone who watched the Forest game would see exactly why they did that and how easy it is to get at us when we insist on pushing the fullbacks on so high. Antonio wreaked havoc against us for similar reasons. Kalas was awful today and Gibson wasn't much better. Leadbitter may as well have been sat here watching the game with me for all he did. Clayton put some effort in and got involved at least but didn't exactly have a great game either. Tomlin had one or two ok moment but again he struggles to find space in dangerous areas and this left Bamford isolated. Reach turned in a nothing performance really, Adomah at least looked like he was trying to make something happen without looking like he was going to all that often.

The second penalty was an incredibly poor decision and clearly a dive but that takes away nothing from the rest of Bournemouth's performance in my eyes. They were the sharper more decisive team and had a clear idea of how they were going to beat us. I don't believe we do have a clear plan a lot of the time and we certainly didn't today. We rely on not conceding and then hoping we get at least one goal from somewhere.

Overall, six points is more than I expected from this week as I thought we'd either get three or four so in that sense the week has been positive. However, my gut feeling is that we will miss out on the automatic places now. I believe Watford will beat us at their place in a similar fashion to this where we just won't be able to cope with them and won't have enough going forward to hurt them ourselves. We may also struggle for similar reasons at Norwich and maybe even at home against Wolves. Nicking one goal against a toothless Derby might be enough but against these teams I'm not sure it will be. Do we have the ability to go to Watford and Norwich and score at least twice? I doubt it personally. However, nothing is set in stone, other teams can drop points and we can still get our act together.

• Replies 569
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

If ayala isnt gonna be back in time after the international break, i feel we need to go into the loan market for an experienced defender. We look so bad when ayala and woodgate arent on thepitch. Gibson is a good defender when he has someone beside him who can guide him through the game, but is clueless without.

My feelings right now:

6 points from a very tough week -ecstatic.

Manner of loss at Bournemouth - deflated.

Overall - today has put a downer on things but realistically this week has still gone extremely well.

What makes today worse is that I put Brentford in my accy not realising it was a early kick off. Now they're 2-0 down FML

Good Friday:

Ipswich vs B'mouth

Derby vs Watford

Boro vs Wigan

We'll be back in the Top 2 on April 3rd so I'm really not that deflated after today

Felt we offered no protection to those lads at the back today. Young inexperienced defenders and Nsue was off up the field leaving Kalas exposed. Very disappointed right now. Not that we lost because Bournemouth are an excellent side and deserved the win, but the manner in which we gifted them the space to score.

ill get onto us in a bit but first ill give credit were its due and Bournemouth deserve a lot of it , they out fought us not giving any of our players any time at all on the ball (exactly what we did to Derby at the Riverside)  they also set out to get behind our defence from the off and utilised all thier strong points to the full  . yes the second penalty was a terrible decision but we were beaten by then , 

ok  i dont usually single out players  but Nsue, Kalas Reach especially and  to a degree bamford and Clayton had real off days  and  played as poorly as ive seen recently .  We couldnt cope with them pretty much anywhere on the pitch and cant have any grumbles with the result and possibly the scoreline .

overall im happy with 6 points from the last 3 games but we cant play this poorly again if autos are  our goal .

ill get onto us in a bit but first ill give credit were its due and Bournemouth deserve a lot of it , they out fought us not giving any of our players any time at all on the ball (exactly what we did to Derby at the Riverside)  they also set out to get behind our defence from the off and utilised all thier strong points to the full  . yes the second penalty was a terrible decision but we were beaten by then , 

ok  i dont usually single out players  but Nsue, Kalas Reach especially and  to a degree bamford and Clayton had real off days  and  played as poorly as ive seen recently .  We couldnt cope with them pretty much anywhere on the pitch and cant have any grumbles with the result and possibly the scoreline .

overall im happy with 6 points from the last 3 games but we cant play this poorly again if autos are  our goal .

I agree with all this. Really bad day at the office from defence and midfield, luckily we could afford to slip up in this game given what happened in the last two. much needed international break now and hopefully back with a win again in the next game. Hopefully forest will do us a favour today.

Putting emotions to one side, the past week has been very productive. We've chalked off 3 tough fixtures whilst getting a good points haul from them. It's one loss, a gutting loss, but nonetheless a loss against a very good side. Plus Leadbitter has avoided his 10th yellow card of the season.

Just on our way back from this debacle. My lad even missed the crossbar at half time, that was as close as anyone in a Boro shirt came :)

Let's be honest, we have had that coming, all of them forgot what the round thing was. I thought we made bournemouth look a lot better than they are. I have not seen us score an away goal since Brighton, don't worry I'm not going to any more away games