• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

got really  nervy near the end there  but  massive massive  3 points  . well done lads   plus i was quite close with the crowd  think i was 84 peopple out  .. now gonna hopefully watch  ipswich win and derby win  or draw

Hi all! Been super busy today so missed the game - how did we play? From what I gather we got the important 3 points but didn't play well?

We were very good and in complete control throughout the first half. Should have got another, and if we had it would have ended up 5-0.

Second half they brought Fortune on and played a long ball game, and it caused us problems. Dimi didn't have loads to do but there was quite a bit for Woody and Gibbo (both excellent) to deal with. The flow wasn't as good, and possession was much more in Wigan's favour.

We should have wrapped it up on the counter a couple of times, but there was a reluctance to shoot, and a few errant crosses.

We played well going forward but were a bit slack picking up our men when they had the ball.

Hi all! Been super busy today so missed the game - how did we play? From what I gather we got the important 3 points but didn't play well?

I.P. Huggies had a very good game.

• Like 1

We were very good and in complete control throughout the first half. Should have got another, and if we had it would have ended up 5-0.

Second half they brought Fortune on and played a long ball game, and it caused us problems. Dimi didn't have loads to do but there was quite a bit for Woody and Gibbo (both excellent) to deal with. The flow wasn't as good, and possession was much more in Wigan's favour.

We should have wrapped it up on the counter a couple of times, but there was a reluctance to shoot, and a few errant crosses.

We played well going forward but were a bit slack picking up our men when they had the ball.

Perfect! Thanks for the summary & nice to hear we played well first half for a change! My god the Watford game on Monday is massive.

Given he's our top scorer and main scorer in the last 3 games, I'd say yes. Imperative we try to get him back next season. As much as I like their overall play, Kike and Vossen just aren't putting the ball in the net enough.

We're just as reliant on our defence though as we're not scoring more than 1 or 2 goals a game. It's a unit rather than just one player imo, although Bamford is priceless right now

Given he's our top scorer and main scorer in the last 3 games, I'd say yes. Imperative we try to get him back next season. As much as I like their overall play, Kike and Vossen just aren't putting the ball in the net enough.

Thought Kike looked lively when he came on (admittedly not for very long)

But Tomlin and Clayton both had goalbound efforts deflected, and Albert would normally do better with that half-volley he had. I'm not hugely worried based on today, it's a long time since we went two games without scoring now, even if Bamford is doing most of the scoring.

Thinking about today's result from a bottom of the league perspective, it makes our remaining games potentially easier. Rotherham next week may still be looking over their shoulders, but by the times Fulham and Brighton come around, I'd have thought they'd both have achieved safety.