oneBoro Forum

Of course swearing has a place at football. Not in the family zone, but certainly everywhere else. If you can't go to a match and call the referee a ***ing ***er (yeah, I triggered the swear filter on purpose) when he makes a mistake then quite frankly, we should all give up on life and watch Teletubbies together.

• Replies 372
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Looking forward to the Watford thread lol!!!!

@DZ the swear filter helps a lot as in the past things got too personal at times and caused a lot of grief on the forum

Nothing wrong with some blue language IMO... I have a 7 year old son and he knows what's right and wrong.. Its up to the parent to educate there child.. So if someone is swearing there head of near me and my son at the Riverside I have no problem whatsoever with it.

I think the "big three" swear words, and any racial slurs should be filtered, but others like the the other word for a female dog, or another word for donkey aren't too offensive

The attendance of 23,082 was a pleasing to see. You can really feel the difference when there's the extra 7,000 fans in the stadium. Hopefully we can keep it around that level in our 3 remaining home games.

The attendance of 23,082 was a pleasing to see. You can really feel the difference when there's the extra 7,000 fans in the stadium. Hopefully we can keep it around that level in our 3 remaining home games.

The roar at the final whistle was special. It felt like the days of old when we were back in the Premier League. With only 3 home games remaining, everyone who can should make an effort to go to the games. We were the twelfth man and helped the team, it's important that everyone gets behind the lads for the final push.

I wasn't expecting so much about Reach. My comments yesterday were specific to the game rather than general ones about him as a player. I did say I thought he had to be doing it under instruction from Karanka so my criticism was really directed at the boss I guess rather than Reach. We were playing a poor side yesterday and I think we could have been less cautious than we were without it costing us the opportunity of winning the game. Indeed I think that the fact that we were once again holding a slender lead towards the end of the game creates more nerves and we end up feeling as though we're having to hang on when really we are a much better side than Wigan.

Specific to yesterday and some of the comments I've just been reading, Reach may have ran forward but he would then turn around and go backwards so there was no benefit to it. Keeping possession is fine but it's goals that win games, not how much of the ball you have. There were times when Reach had the ball in good positions and we had Vossen, Bamford and Adomah up with him and he still took the option of going backwards. If he has no support then fine but when the support is there why would you still go backwards? For one thing it simply gives them time to get everyone back behind the ball making it harder to play through them. At one point he got the ball about 40 yards from goal with just the fullback ahead of him and Wigan's midfield trying to get back. Instead of going for it he slowed it down, let a Wigan midfielder get back to him, played it back to Leadbitter who in turn played it back to Gibson and the ball ends up with Kalas I think then goes forward and we lose it. What exactly have we gained from that other than wasting time?

I also think too much credit is given for Reach covering for Friend. He is a pretty good attacking fullback but how many chances does he actually create? He has one assist so far this season, Reach has six. I know which player I want attacking and which player I want defending. I also know it's not as simple as that as you're trying to move opposition players around etc but isn't Friend's attacking play just a bit overrated? He doesn't create a lot of chances, even yesterday when he got forward into good positions nothing came of it. He isn't a good crosser of the ball, indeed he rarely crosses it at all as he always cuts inside. Reach is the better attacking player and he is the one that should be tasked with doing that side of things more often, not the other way around in my opinion.

What frustrated me about the game yesterday was that we were comfortable but never really pushed on to kill the game off and then we leave ourselves open to a sucker punch. There were a couple of occasions yesterday when they either got people free in and around the area or could have but messed it up. One good connection and it's 1-1 and frankly we're much better than that.

I do want to say that these are all minor grumbles from what was a more comfortable game than the scoreline suggests. We could and should have been able to add a second and that would have killed the game off completely. I think we'd have gone on and won three or four nil if we'd done that as the second goal would have given us the freedom to relax and go at them and when we have that we can be superb at times. Six more good results and all the hard work pays off :)

I wasn't expecting so much about Reach.  My comments yesterday were specific to the game rather than general ones about him as a player.  I did say I thought he had to be doing it under instruction from Karanka so my criticism was really directed at the boss I guess rather than Reach.  We were playing a poor side yesterday and I think we could have been less cautious than we were without it costing us the opportunity of winning the game.  Indeed I think that the fact that we were once again holding a slender lead towards the end of the game creates more nerves and we end up feeling as though we're having to hang on when really we are a much better side than Wigan.

Specific to yesterday and some of the comments I've just been reading, Reach may have ran forward but he would then turn around and go backwards so there was no benefit to it.  Keeping possession is fine but it's goals that win games, not how much of the ball you have.  There were times when Reach had the ball in good positions and we had Vossen, Bamford and Adomah up with him and he still took the option of going backwards.  If he has no support then fine but when the support is there why would you still go backwards?  For one thing it simply gives them time to get everyone back behind the ball making it harder to play through them.  At one point he got the ball about 40 yards from goal with just the fullback ahead of him and Wigan's midfield trying to get back.  Instead of going for it he slowed it down, let a Wigan midfielder get back to him, played it back to Leadbitter who in turn played it back to Gibson and the ball ends up with Kalas I think then goes forward and we lose it.  What exactly have we gained from that other than wasting time?

I also think too much credit is given for Reach covering for Friend.  He is a pretty good attacking fullback but how many chances does he actually create?  He has one assist so far this season, Reach has six.  I know which player I want attacking and which player I want defending.  I also know it's not as simple as that as you're trying to move opposition players around etc but isn't Friend's attacking play just a bit overrated?  He doesn't create a lot of chances, even yesterday when he got forward into good positions nothing came of it.  He isn't a good crosser of the ball, indeed he rarely crosses it at all as he always cuts inside.  Reach is the better attacking player and he is the one that should be tasked with doing that side of things more often, not the other way around in my opinion.

What frustrated me about the game yesterday was that we were comfortable but never really pushed on to kill the game off and then we leave ourselves open to a sucker punch.  There were a couple of occasions yesterday when they either got people free in and around the area or could have but messed it up.  One good connection and it's 1-1 and frankly we're much better than that.

I do want to say that these are all minor grumbles from what was a more comfortable game than the scoreline suggests.  We could and should have been able to add a second and that would have killed the game off completely. I think we'd have gone on and won three or four nil if we'd done that as the second goal would have given us the freedom to relax and go at them and when we have that we can be superb at times.  Six more good results and all the hard work pays off :)

All this makes perfect sense to me.